Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Jean didn't create the romantic tension between Storm and Logan, she was just commenting on something that was very obvious. Regardless, Storm did try to make out with Logan while they were both sitting on her desk, which implies that she is interested in him as well.

Agreed on both counts.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Jean didn't create the romantic tension between Storm and Logan, she was just commenting on something that was very obvious. Regardless, Storm did try to make out with Logan while they were both sitting on her desk, which implies that she is interested in him as well.
    ugh.. ugh and ugh.... i really wish they would have never went down this nasty and icky road of storm and wolverine having a romantic connection. as per the issue, i hope OML sticks to his guns and doesn't pursue or entertain anything relating to Storm. His heart belongs to Jean and that's where is should stay.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    ugh.. ugh and ugh.... i really wish they would have never went down this nasty and icky road of storm and wolverine having a romantic connection. as per the issue, i hope OML sticks to his guns and doesn't pursue or entertain anything relating to Storm. His heart belongs to Jean and that's where is should stay.
    Agreed. It's such a horrible ship. I was so glad when theyou killed off 616 Wolverine so they couldn't get very far with it now I have to worry about a possible Storm/OML.

Found this issue to be pretty meh, wasn't impressed but (as of most recent issues) finding less and less that i vehemently hate. The Forge/Apocalypse interactions were a real delight, however. I've also enjoyed being able to see these little bits of what X-Haven is actually like as a place to live, but being drip fed world building never sits well with me. X-Haven really needed more exploration in that first arc, instead of immediately sending it to (forgive me) hell.

I'd reiterate what others have said about Ibanez, particularly regarding Ramos' costumes. They're the only real gripe I have with the art. In particular, Storm's feat would have been more visually impressive to me if I wasn't being constantly flashbanged by her ANAD threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    You also have hundreds of years old warlocks dating young guys these days.
    there is also Magneto and Rogue...

I just think Jean want him to be happy, perhaps with Storm. I don't really ship anyone here, and I think torm should be alone for now, she already has too many problems now

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    Agreed. It's such a horrible ship. I was so glad when theyou killed off 616 Wolverine so they couldn't get very far with it now I have to worry about a possible Storm/OML.
    yea same here. but with OML it's like we never skipped a beat.

BANNED

616 logan and Storm I'm fine with

OML and Storm is kind of ......

yea same here. but with OML it's like we never skipped a beat.
    Which is weird because with OML, he lived for years after the X-Men were dead, got married and had kids of his own. Yet he sees Storm and suddenly is into her again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Well it was Glob Herman, Martha and Anole and I really gotta wonder why they're there from the in-universe perspective. I mean they're going after an X-Man who's under Apocalypse's influence and that's who they send for backup? Really?
    Exactly. All the other New X-Men: Rockslide, Dust, Surge, Pixie, Mercury, etc... are literally in Limbo. It's not like they are being used in other books or are all dead, there's no reason they can't show up if Lemire wants to use the young mutants. Otherwise there's Karma, Wolfsbane, Northstar and many others also in limbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    And you're right. That's how he's always been. 616 Logan was well over a century old when he died. This version is 50 years older. Once you're that old, what's another 50 years? Especially with a healing factor.

So if you've always had a problem with that, quasi-immortal characters who don't age dating normal adult women, then I can see why you'd still have a problem with it. But it's not like it's new and something just introduced by Lemire in EXM. Logan was dating Storm long before he died in Wolverine and the X-men.
    I know it's an old trope and Logan is far from being the only one who's benefited from it but doesn't stop being creepy.

Looks to me like he's not about to have the same storyline. In fact, he makes it pretty clear that he doesn't want to get close to a woman again for fear that she'll die because of it.
    Isn't that an old Logan storyline though? And an old storyline period? Troubled man who pushes people off or doesn't want to be in a relationship because he's been hurt and doesn't trust people or because people around him get hurt and he lost people he loved before. And I don't believe for a minute that that's the end of that story which is why I'm complaining. If OML and Storm had a completely platonic relationship from the start it'll be different. I'd still prefer Daken or X-23 in his place but that's just 'cause I never liked Logan to being with.

And then there's Forge. Apocalypse was talking about Forge's feelings for Storm and Jean was talking about OML's feelings for Storm. That was their story in this issue. It's like there's a love triangle going on but Storm doesn't know about it because she was too busy this issue whooping people's asses. And I hope it stays that way.

As for Jean, their relationship is nothing like it was when she was an adult. He hasn't even come close to making a move on her, or she on him. In this issue he's literally sitting there minding his own business and she comes up to him to chat. There's nothing inappropriate about it or even remotely sexual. I think she looks at him like she did in the X-men Apocalypse movie, which was set in 1983 when she was young, and that is as a very tragic figure who's had a hard life that she feels sorry for. Like a mangy old dog or something. There's nothing romantic there that I've seen.
    I didn't read that scene as romantic or sexual in any way, shape or form but Jean was always so young compared to Logan that I can't help seeing OML and Teen Jean as a more realistic depiction of that pairing. (Which is why I always thought it was creepy in the first place.) And then he mentions: "Last time I loved a woman I watched her die" which just brings to mind all those images of him and Jean. ugh OML's relationship with this Jean is purely platonic though... I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    You also have hundreds of years old warlocks dating young guys these days.
    Is this Malec shade?

Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Mah VM View Post
    Is this Malec shade?
    Yeah. But I actually ship them so it's more like a non-malicious shade(?).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Which is weird because with OML, he lived for years after the X-Men were dead, got married and had kids of his own. Yet he sees Storm and suddenly is into her again.
    His timeline only deviates with mysterio to the 616, in the 80's logan had an attraction to storm and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    He totally deserves poor treatment. He's a stage four clinger that can't take no for an answer.
    The man who is keeping all the school's technology running, the backup mystic should Illyana fall... You treat someone that important with respect. Hell, you treat people in general with respect. The way he's treated is shameful.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    The man who is keeping all the school's technology running, the backup mystic should Illyana fall... You treat someone that important with respect. Hell, you treat people in general with respect. The way he's treated is shameful.
    Why? He's not treating her with respect. She's said no for over a year. Keeping it professional and he still doesn't stop. It's ok to be frustrated with someone that won't take no for answer. Forge is an adult. It's time he acted like it. He left her remember?

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    >Nice art.
    >Funny Forge moment, esp. with Apocalypse accurately describing poor Forge's role and social status with these X-Men. I would have actually cheered if Forge just said screw it and became a Horseman, though. He doesn't deserve the treatment he receives from Storm et al.
    >Sweet Jeen/OMLogan moment.
    >I'm really hoping Lemire doesn't plan to make Illyana sacrifice herself to stop Sapna. I'm as tired of that as I am of Jean Phoenixing out and 'dying'. I DO hope Illyana is forced to move the school back to Earth, making the whole 'two weeks to live' concept in IvX more pressing... if that's possible.
    >Iceman and Nightcrawler getting punked was bad enough but having the Special Class show up as the cavalry? Insult to injury.

Looking forward to more of the Illyana story and the Forge Duct Tape Saga! The Apocolossus story? Not so much.
    Well no need to worry about anything happening to Illyana for the same reason we know that they'll fix Colossus, they're both in Civil War II which takes place after this story arc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    His timeline only deviates with mysterio to the 616, in the 80's logan had an attraction to storm and vice versa.
    Yea I know they had an attraction which OML would share since he's a dark future version of Logan that diverged at the super villains event but you'd think he would have moved on given how his life had kept going to the point of him finding love and starting a family.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 09-28-2016 at 05:20 PM.