Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Sabretooth/M - Thoughts on this?

I have to say, as weird as it was at first to read, I am LOVING this particular pairing of characters. They play off each other very well, and with M's increasing slide into darkness, I can see them as a villainous power couple in the making.

Is anyone else enjoying this subplot as much as I am?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoFuriousGeorge View Post
    I have to say, as weird as it was at first to read, I am LOVING this particular pairing of characters. They play off each other very well, and with M's increasing slide into darkness, I can see them as a villainous power couple in the making.

Nope, I tend to despise "murder-rapist" like Sabertooth...

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Nope, I tend to despise "murder-rapist" like Sabertooth
    I can see why someone like M, with her suprerior personality, would "slide into darkness". She doesn't just think she's superior, she mentally, physically and genetically is to most people around her. She's not the most powerful, but shes dang near perfect in most aspects her being. If this was AoA she'd most definitely be a follower of Apocalypse's theology of survival of the fittest. The only other "perfect" specimen among the mutants at this point is probably Warpath, sans the increased intelligence and mental abilities. She'd probably be perfect for breeding purposes, especially with someone of similar abilities. Her moral standards are lessing every day she stays around Magneto's X-Men. She's beginning (or continuing) to devalue life. Her pairing with Sabretooth also makes sense, right now as she probably sees his past actions and character not so much as detractions, as she descends into villainy herself. Before she makes that final turn into a full-fledged sociopath, I suspect she'll either be stopped by Creed cementing just how far gone she is (to have him of all people say shes gone to far) or he'll assist/enable her, signaling his return to his old ways.

With all that said, ZNOP has a point. I get it, he's been changed on a fundamental level by forces beyond him. But should that outweigh all he's done in the past to those he's considered ally and foe?
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    I can see why someone like M, with her suprerior personality, would "slide into darkness". She doesn't just think she's superior, she mentally, physically and genetically is to most people around her. She's not the most powerful, but shes dang near perfect in most aspects her being.
    That's how I've seen it, too, especially since I've been going back and reading all of her appearances (being a relatively recent fan). She definitely seems like the type of individual whom Magneto could've appealed to back in the day.

If this was AoA she'd most definitely be a follower of Apocalypse's theology of survival of the fittest.
    On this note, you should check out the Age of Apocalypse series that spun out of Uncanny X-Force. M actually plays a big role in it. I really enjoyed her there, and she was actually on the side of the angels (not that I disagree with your thought here, just wanted to plug it because I just finished it and really liked it).

The only other "perfect" specimen among the mutants at this point is probably Warpath, sans the increased intelligence and mental abilities. She'd probably be perfect for breeding purposes, especially with someone of similar abilities.
    Given the collective power of M and her siblings, I think it'd be interesting to see Mister Sinister take an interest in her genetics.

Her moral standards are lessing every day she stays around Magneto's X-Men. She's beginning (or continuing) to devalue life. Her pairing with Sabretooth also makes sense, right now as she probably sees his past actions and character not so much as detractions, as she descends into villainy herself. Before she makes that final turn into a full-fledged sociopath, I suspect she'll either be stopped by Creed cementing just how far gone she is (to have him of all people say shes gone to far) or he'll assist/enable her, signaling his return to his old ways.
    My. Thoughts. EXACTLY.

With all that said, ZNOP has a point. I get it, he's been changed on a fundamental level by forces beyond him. But should that outweigh all he's done in the past to those he's considered ally and foe?
    Oh, of course not. Not even a little, because the inversion is artificial and required no effort or desire from Sabes. But I can still enjoy the ride on this crazy train.

Straight up disgusting and insulting to Monet. These are my thoughts.

IMHO Sabretooth is never going to be seen as a hero and we already have to many anti-heroes, what we need is villains for the heroes to fight instead of fighting each other and calling it an event. Sabretooth was a perfectly good villain and still is. Whatever "redemption arc" he's gone through he's still the same creepy villain he always was the only difference is now he's a boring one because he's pulling his punches. Monet deserves better, even if she does become a villain she shouldn't have to stoop that low.

Quote Originally Posted by Mah VM View Post
    Straight up disgusting and insulting to Monet. These are my thoughts.

IMHO Sabretooth is never going to be seen as a hero and we already have to many anti-heroes, what we need is villains for the heroes to fight instead of fighting each other and calling it an event. Sabretooth was a perfectly good villain and still is. Whatever "redemption arc" he's gone through he's still the same creepy villain he always was the only difference is now he's a boring one because he's pulling his punches. Monet deserves better, even if she does become a villain she shouldn't have to stoop that low.
    But it would display a complete nosedive for her character mental stability. If Bunn goes into what exactly is going on with her, I could make for a good story. It's not like her family isnt known for forms of psychosis.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 09-28-2016 at 11:52 AM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Given the collective power of M and her siblings, I think it'd be interesting to see Mister Sinister take an interest in her genetics.
    I would have thought the same for Guthrie's or Rasputine's, especially in the cases of Illyana and Mikhail. But alas, he's more concerned with the power absorption abilities of the Summers and the mental potential of the Grey's and their subsequent blending.
    Guild Member

Fantastic Member

I wonder when will Monet realise she bit more than she can chew and will it be too late?

Fantastic Member

Nope, I tend to despise "murder-rapist" like Sabertooth...
    Sry to doublepost but IMHO "murder-rapist" is imho a BIG understatement. I prefer "walking warcrime"

Monet has so much potential as a character; I miss her original presentation in Generation X. I know a lot of people liked PAD's X-Factor, but I thought it undermined a lot of what made M great, and now she is the freaking White Queen? OMG. She would never sully herself in Emma's dirty laundry, not even to usurp her!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

That's how I've seen it, too, especially since I've been going back and reading all of her appearances (being a relatively recent fan). She definitely seems like the type of individual whom Magneto could've appealed to back in the day.

On this note, you should check out the Age of Apocalypse series that spun out of Uncanny X-Force. M actually plays a big role in it. I really enjoyed her there, and she was actually on the side of the angels (not that I disagree with your thought here, just wanted to plug it because I just finished it and really liked it).

My. Thoughts. EXACTLY.

Oh, of course not. Not even a little, because the inversion is artificial and required no effort or desire from Sabes. But I can still enjoy the ride on this crazy train.

I must have missed an issue or two somewhere along the line... What caused these personally inversions and exactly who has been affected?

I must have missed an issue or two somewhere along the line... What caused these personally inversions and exactly who has been affected?
    AXIS aka Remender's somewhat interesting, but ill-conceived, sloppily produced, bull@#$% story that achieved absolutely nothing outside of making Sabretooth an anti-hero and turning Havok into a douche. Just my opinion of course.
    Guild Member

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Monet has so much potential as a character; I miss her original presentation in Generation X. I know a lot of people liked PAD's X-Factor, but I thought it undermined a lot of what made M great, and now she is the freaking White Queen? OMG. She would never sully herself in Emma's dirty laundry, not even to usurp her!
    I agree with all of this! M's portrayal in X-Factor was generally terrible, in my opinion. She was so basic. And I definitely agree that the M that I came to know in Generation X wouldn't touch that tacky corset she's wearing now with a 10-foot pole.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    AXIS aka Remender's somewhat interesting, but ill-conceived, sloppily produced, bull@#$% story that achieved absolutely nothing outside of making Sabretooth an anti-hero and turning Havok into a douche. Just my opinion of course.
    I see... I guess I could dig "AXIS" out a read it again -- but, I was wondering what was the exact cause/nature behind their personally changes -- was it a spell or something along those lines?
    Last edited by ZNOP; 09-28-2016 at 01:36 PM.

BANNED

I see... I guess I could dig "AXIS" out a read it again -- but, I was wondering what was the exact cause/nature behind their personally changes -- was it a spell or something along those lines?
    Yes and no. The Red Skull used Xavier's telepathic powers to invert everyone's moral axes (hence the "AXIS" title), and later on, Dr Doom and Red Skull (and someone inhabiting Scarlet Witch's body, can't remember who it was) used a spell to re-invert everyone, but Iron Man shielded himself, Havok and Sabretooth from its effects. Iron Man has obviously reverted since then, not sure about Havok, and Sabretooth's inversion is apparently just now starting to wear off.