Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member

He's getting a lot of screen time on SG's show but looks like they have a good budget.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I love comic books

and Supes is OK (i liked MoS so)

The cheese factor (so high) and SFX (so bad) just isn't my type of thing. Hopefully others love it though
    The SFX are excellent for a TV show and cheese is just a meaningless comment that just translates into "I don't like this style"
    As I said, anyone who likes comic books and Superman is going to love this. This show is literally a comic book brought to life.
    If they don't like it they probably never liked Superman in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    But does he know who Superman is in his universe?
    i'm guessing that Flashpoint is going to merge the universes. so it will be like Superman was there all along as far the other character's are concerned.

Well there's no way this guy can be as bad as Cavill.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Dog View Post
    This guy looks like he crawled out of the dumpster from superman 3 and I liked Superman 3 but still...
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 09-27-2016 at 07:03 PM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    This looks really good. I enjoy Cavill's Superman but im really looking forward to this more classic take on The Man of Steel. Saves the day with a smile and a wink with the whole world cheering him on!

I loved how in awe the DEO people were when Superman walks in the room. I can't wait for him to interact with the rest of the CW/DC universe. Cisco is going to have the biggest nerd out moment when he finally meets Supes.
    "Classic" is so relative, I guess. Cavill's performance, in MoS, reminded me so much of George Reeves which is what I consider my "classic Superman". Not sure what is classic about this, beyond it being cheesy.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Dog View Post
    Oh come on...

BANNED

Here it is with the John Williams score. This is a must watch. You will tear up a little.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    im just...... not the audience for this I guess.
    Yeah, I'm with you there.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    The SFX are excellent for a TV show and cheese is just a meaningless comment that just translates into "I don't like this style"
    As I said, anyone who likes comic books and Superman is going to love this. This show is literally a comic book brought to life.
    If they don't like it they probably never liked Superman in the first place.
    Eh, respectfully disagree. I've been reading comics for 2 decades and I like Superman, not a fan of this show.
    I don't think it's bad, I just felt from watching it that it was more intended for teen and twenty-something girls. So it's perfect for the CW crowd.
    I also liked the generally upbeat and positive vibe the show gives, and I can see how that feels like some of the best elements of comics, but I'm about as interested in seeing more of these episodes as I am watching the new season of Gilmore Girls once it hits Netflix.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post

Here it is with the John Williams score. This is a must watch. You will tear up a little.
    Ah! One argument where I will NEVER fight the MOS/BvS detractors: there is no denying that John Williams' theme still SMOKES anything the DCEU has put out yet. Although Diana's theme comes kinda close. Ish.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--