Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Default Who would you like to see take over for Nicola Scott?

Nicola Scott will end her run on Wonder Woman with Year One part 6. Who would you like to see take over as the artist of the even numbered issues? Keep in mind that Rucka will remain on the book as the writer and Liam Sharp will remain the artist on the odd numbered issues.

My top choice for Nicola's replacement would be Phil Jimenez with the runner up being Terry Dodson.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Emanuela Lupaccino! I LOVE her work, and she would have a similar lush, appealing quality to her art. Sadly, she's on Superwoman with Jiminez.

Roge Antonio is a rising star, but I don't know how Wonder Woman-esque his stuff would be. Drew Johnson, from Rucka's first run on Diana, would also be excellent. My guess, though, is it will be someone a lot cheaper and lower profile.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Let me throw out my crazy, dream pic; Ryan Ottley from the soon to be ended Invincible series.

Amazing Member

I thought the year one would end after issue 6.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pallas71 View Post
    I thought the year one would end after issue 6.
    Year One is running for six issues. That may have been the confusion. With the skips for various reasons, Nicola''s run goes to #14.

Jason fabok

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    Jason fabok

Another great choice!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Cat Staggs.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

1.) Jason Fabok. Seriously, if we could have him for the next ten years, that'd be great.

2.) Would it be possible to get Jenny Frison in as a full-content artist? She's already doing some gorgeous covers for us. Why not let her go all the way?

3.) Ivan Reis, but only if he can commit to a full schedule. That's obviously been a problem for him in the past. But damn, can he draw some pretty pictures!

4.) Terry Dodson is always welcome to return to Wonder Woman.

5.) Phil Jimenez also. Heck, that goes triple for him.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Jenny Frison is a tracer, at least her WW cover was traced from a photo of Gal Gadot as someone very astutely pointed out on bleeding cool, interior art is a completely different beast. If they can poach Russell Dauterman, or Amy Reeder, either one of them would be really, really great to have

Mighty Member

Fiona Staples
    Chris Burnham
    Yanick Paquette
    JH Williams maybe
    also Fabok or Amy Reeder like others have suggested
    Last edited by Lex Luthor; 09-26-2016 at 09:20 PM.

Another name that comes to mind is Jason Badower. His work on Sensation Comics and recent cover for Wonder Woman '77 have been breathtaking.

BANNED

Some names that come to mind...

* Cliff Chiang
    * Cameron Stewart
    * Jesus Saiz
    * J.H. Williams III
    * Frank Quitely (but only if he already started working on it half a year ago)
    * Michael Lark
    * Phil Jimenez
    * Nick Dragotta
    * Shawn Martinbrough
    * Matthew Southworth

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Cat Staggs.
    She does gorgeous, amazing covers, but her interiors have serious feeling static problems.

I think it seems unlikely that anyone with a current series will jump to another series after just six or seven months. Matthew Clark, who did the first 3/4 of the Rebirth issue, is scheduled for issue 13, which I can't tell from the solicit if it's an epilogue to The Lies, or the kickoff to the next arc. He seems to be free, and his history with the title may indicate that he's the third leg (he fits my previous theories of less high profile available artists).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Joelle Jones is now DC exclusive. She has a very similar quality in her work to Nicola's...and by that I mean absolutely gorgeous.