Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Happy Birthday Louise Simonson!!!

As an editor, Louise Simonson (center) helped launch the X-Men spin-off The New Mutants. As a writer, she went on to co-create Cable, one of the most popular characters of the 1990s, in the pages of The New Mutants.

When and What She Did at Timely/Atlas/Marvel: Editor from 1981 to 1983, then a writer from 1984 until 1991.

Marvel-ous Accomplishments: When people talk about the success of the X-Men franchise in the 1980s, Simonson is someone who was a crucial part of that but doesn’t get the credit she deserves.
    As editor on Uncanny X-Men, she started at the tail end of the Claremont-Byrne collaboration and built on its momentum, launching the title’s first spin-off, The New Mutants, in 1982.
    Simonson then contributed to the X-Men universe as a writer, co-creating the evil mutant Apocalypse (the Big Bad in the X-Men: Age of Apocalypse film) and Cable.
    Besides her X-Men-related work, Simonson, along with artist June Brigman, created the much-loved, all-ages title Power Pack, a series that was popular in the ‘80s in a way that Marvel hasn’t been able to replicate.

We give thanks to Our Lady Louise for her extensive work in making X-factor great.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Thank you for all you have given us over the years.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Her X-Factor run is one the best comics I have ever read.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Thank you so much, Weezie, for your crucial help and support to the best X-Men run ever. I'm sure that CC ows half of his career to you alone (probably he ows a little bit to Annie Nocenti, too). We x-fans never will be able to pay you back enough.

I thank you specifically for three points:

1. The launch of The New Mutants, a title that in certain way is even closer to me than UXM.

2. The creation of Power Pack, because it allowed awesome Jon Bogdanove to draw a great story during Inferno (seriously, Bogdanove is probably the most underrated Marvel artist --he can draw better than the 90% of the staff, though, and nobody can draw children as he does!).

3. The protection to young and rookie Art Adams, in order to allow him to spend 2 years!!! (8 months in first issue!!!) in the making of Longshot Limited Series. Thanks, thanks and thanks. <3

Last edited by Ricochet Rita; 09-27-2016 at 11:38 PM.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Happy birthday indeed.

I met Louise Simonson at a comic con a few years back. I got her signature on my X-Factor Forever books. She's a great woman. She's amazingly sweet and fun to talk to. She brought so much to the X-men comics during her run. I honestly don't think the X-men would be as awesome as they are now without her contributions. For that, we X-men fans should thank her.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

HBD. Yes i think that her contributions to the X-line are overlooked.

BANNED

Happy belated birthday to the great creator of such Marvel teams like Power Pack, X-factor and Apocalypse. Happy birthday Louise Simonson.

Happy birthday!!

I wish I saw this sooner... Welp Happy late at least we remember you birthday...
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    We give thanks to Our Lady Louise for her extensive work in making X-factor great.
    Hear, hear!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Thank you for all you have given us over the years.
    They were MARVELOUS years!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by borismortys View Post
    Her X-Factor run is one the best comics I have ever read.
    100% agreed!