Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    This has been going on since at least the 90s. Unless a mini sold terribly, then it would get one issue less. That's been since at least the 80s.

I can't see that having an extra issue hurts anything. You're getting more comic. If you like the comic, isn't that good? If you don't like it... it doesn't affect you anyway.
    Can you provide some example from the 80s and 90s? I'm not saying you're wrong but none come to mind for me.
    Just thinking about the 80s with Marvel there were the two secret wars and contest of champions but none of them went extra issues. Dc had Crisis and Legends and millennium.

I didn't really collect any events in the 90s that I can recall. Zero Hour comes to mind but that didn't go over.

It seems to me to be a recent thing. Fear itself, invasion, house of m, civil war, world war hulk.... None of those went over.

Again, I could be wrong. I'd like to hear further input.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    ...so it will conclude in 2018, now?
    Maybe. Chalk it up with that SHIELD series that Hickman owes Marvel TWO issues of, probably some editorial mandate, that in Marvel's case probably has been nullified twice over. I stopped reading DK and most Miller work years ago. There's simply no point beyond a cash grab. But it's DC so hey....

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Can you provide some example from the 80s and 90s? I'm not saying you're wrong but none come to mind for me.
    Just thinking about the 80s with Marvel there were the two secret wars and contest of champions but none of them went extra issues. Dc had Crisis and Legends and millennium.

I didn't really collect any events in the 90s that I can recall. Zero Hour comes to mind but that didn't go over.

It seems to me to be a recent thing. Fear itself, invasion, house of m, civil war, world war hulk.... None of those went over.

World War Hulk was kinda fun, and admittedly I liked Norman Osborn and the bad guys in charge, there was quite a bit of untapped potential in that story too, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ru5152 View Post
    World War Hulk was kinda fun, and admittedly I liked Norman Osborn and the bad guys in charge, there was quite a bit of untapped potential in that story too, but that's just me.
    I liked WW Hulk as well. That wasn't the question tho.

Spectacular Member

How can they do nine issues when seven and eight were moved back months, if this comes out by the end of 2017 I will be generally surprised

The Punisher mini-series in the late 80s. Was supposed to be four issues, ran for five.

The covers were confusing themselves, when I first went back to get them, I thought there were two separate mini series. Not sure if the second issue had a misprint on the cover, or if they were already planning on extending it out an issue and then printed the wrong covers for issues three and four.

1/4
    2/5 <-- Correctly showed number of issues it would run
    3/4
    4/4 <-- Story did not end here.
    5/5

Quote Originally Posted by dominus View Post
    The Punisher mini-series in the late 80s. Was supposed to be four issues, ran for five.

The covers were confusing themselves, when I first went back to get them, I thought there were two separate mini series. Not sure if the second issue had a misprint on the cover, or if they were already planning on extending it out an issue and then printed the wrong covers for issues three and four.

1/4
    3/4
    5/5
    That wasn't an event tho. The original poster said it happened all the time in events.
    Anyway, I remember those issues and I'm not sure whether anyone knows if they were going four or five issues or if there was a misprint. It was definitely odd away - especially at a time when there was no internet to immediate find out what was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    I really dislike this trend of big event/non-ongoing series going "oh wait, we need an extra issue!"
    Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    This has been going on since at least the 90s. Unless a mini sold terribly, then it would get one issue less. That's been since at least the 80s.

I can't see that having an extra issue hurts anything. You're getting more comic. If you like the comic, isn't that good? If you don't like it... it doesn't affect you anyway.

1/4
    3/4
    5/5
    That wasn't an event tho. The original poster said it happened all the time in events.
    Anyway, I remember those issues and I'm not sure whether anyone knows if they were going four or five issues or if there was a misprint. It was definitely odd away - especially at a time when there was no internet to immediate find out what was going on.
    I took "non-ongoing series" to include mini or maxi.

A friend of mine was collecting some Marvel comic in the 80s that wasn't tied to the rest of the Marvel Universe (I thought it was called Justice or something, but can't find it online.) It ran for (I think) 32 issues, and I think only the last issue had "xx issue Maxi Series" on the cover. The only thing I remember about the comic itself was that the hero lost his hand at some point. Maybe I'll try over in the Marvel sub to see if anyone remembers it.

I took "non-ongoing series" to include mini or maxi.

A friend of mine was collecting some Marvel comic in the 80s that wasn't tied to the rest of the Marvel Universe (I thought it was called Justice or something, but can't find it online.) It ran for (I think) 32 issues, and I think only the last issue had "xx issue Maxi Series" on the cover. The only thing I remember about the comic itself was that the hero lost his hand at some point. Maybe I'll try over in the Marvel sub to see if anyone remembers it.
    I believe that was a New Universe title

I believe that was a New Universe title
    That was it, thanks! I haven't thought about this comic since reading it, and it ended back in 1989. Crazy.

justice_1_thumb.jpg

justice3.jpg

44683-3640-51731-1-justice.jpg