Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DKR III getting a ninth issue

I was looking around the forum for a post about this news and didn't found any. So I thought I might as well do it myself.

http://www.cbr.com/miller-azzarellos...s-ninth-issue/

Thoughts?

Amazing Member

Great. I'm sure it'll be out by 2020.

Did this story end up being worthwhile?
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SicariiDC View Post
    Did this story end up being worthwhile?
    First 2 issues were good but the next 3 were just treading the water imo, if they need another issue it's only because they wasted some of the existing ones.

I wait a long time for continue with this story.. WELL

BANNED

More Miller is always good.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

...so it will conclude in 2018, now?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

If Miller projects are gonna be like this now, they should just release them as complete graphic novels
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

''I shall become a bat.'' masahikotahara's Avatar

I'm receiving The Dark Knight III: The Master Race in regular issues and in the special edition hardcovers. DC's plan is to send out a slipcase to collect the hardcovers as soon as the series is finished, so I hope they didn't design and manufacture it in large quantities beforehand, because an extra issue means that they would have to redesign it.

tumblr_nv9d1glDDv1ug5c63o1_500.jpg

IMG_5430.jpg
    Visit my website: http://ultimatebatmancomicswebsite.weebly.com for a timeline of Batman comics from Batman: Year One to Flashpoint,
    The New 52 and Rebirth!

CANON! CHRONOLOGY! READING ORDER!

...AND MORE...

BANNED

I've forgotten what happened the first few issues.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BFF View Post
    I've forgotten what happened the first few issues.
    All you need to remember is Carrie Kelley was Batman! And then she was Batgirl! And mini-Kryptonians are Hitler!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I'm actually enjoying this series and am buying it in the HCs, but, quite frankly, I think I'm just going to sell them and wait for the whole thing to finish. I'm really tired of anything having to do with Miller being an all around **** around. He hasn't made deadline in more than a decade. Not sure why I thought this would be any different. Now, we're adding another issue.

I really dislike this trend of big event/non-ongoing series going "oh wait, we need an extra issue!"

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    I really dislike this trend of big event/non-ongoing series going "oh wait, we need an extra issue!"
    This has been going on since at least the 90s. Unless a mini sold terribly, then it would get one issue less. That's been since at least the 80s.

I can't see that having an extra issue hurts anything. You're getting more comic. If you like the comic, isn't that good? If you don't like it... it doesn't affect you anyway.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    This has been going on since at least the 90s. Unless a mini sold terribly, then it would get one issue less. That's been since at least the 80s.

I can't see that having an extra issue hurts anything. You're getting more comic. If you like the comic, isn't that good? If you don't like it... it doesn't affect you anyway.
    I've only started reading comics in the past couple of years and the only times i've encountered stuff like this so far have been with poorly paced and overpriced comics(specifically Marvel's Secret Wars 2015 and CW2). Dark Knight 3 has been okay so far, but thanks to the slow release I just kinda keep forgetting it exist so it's more "oh another issue I have to buy to finish the story" rather then "oh neat, more comics!" to me right now.