Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    Well I was going with the date on comixology which says december 27 2017.
    But who knows.
    It may have been that Previewsworld got tired of changing the dates until they got better assurances from the people at Archie Comics on when it would realistically be released.

Hell, Previewsworld still has a listing for Francavilla's Black Beetle: Necrologue #1 (from Dark Horse) saying
    In Shops: Sep 16, 2015
    Still waiting for that to come out as well . . .

I'll be surprised if we ever see another issue of it. Ever.

I'd even be fine with it if they put out an issue once a year around Halloween. But even that it seems, is beyond them.

Apparently, Sabrina is relaunching as 'Season 2', to give the illusion the the original run was 'Season 1' with a planned hiatus.
    They'll probably do the same with Afterlife.

Although, an annual Halloween Special would probably be the best format for both of them.
    Just sit on all the new material until October and release it as a trade with a few classic reprints to fill it out.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Apparently, Sabrina is relaunching as 'Season 2', to give the illusion the the original run was 'Season 1' with a planned hiatus.
    They'll probably do the same with Afterlife.
    And, in the meantime, Archie is trying yet another Archie-horror title: Jughead: The Hunger!

It's Juggie as a werewolf and Betty as Betty Cooper: Werewolf Hunter!
    Written by Frank Tieri with art from Pat Kennedy and Tim Kennedy.

Issue #1 came out at the end of October (2017) and issue #2 is suppose to be out in December.

Wasn't there supposed to be a third Archie Horror series that wasn't The Hunger, but also just never came out?

Afterlife is most likely done. The writer is the showrunner on Riverdale, and ever since stat started pre production is when Afterlife really disappeared. Riverdale is doing well, so I doubt he bothers writing any more comics. It's a shame, Afterlife was a good comic. Better than it should have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Afterlife is most likely done. The writer is the showrunner on Riverdale, and ever since stat started pre production is when Afterlife really disappeared. Riverdale is doing well, so I doubt he bothers writing any more comics. It's a shame, Afterlife was a good comic. Better than it should have been.
    Well, for people who were buying it, Archie will hopefully at least get out those last two issues previously solicited.

I won't hold my breath.

BANNED

I won't hold my breath.
    I get where you are coming from but even so I hope you are wrong.
    I hope we atleast get the current storyline finished.

Well, the next issue is almost a year late, so again, I won't hold my breath.

Roberto Aguirre Sacasa is the showrunner of Riverdale, which is more popular, I'm sure pays better, and is more important to the publisher than Afterlife, so. Priorities.

Francavilla. I love his art, but he's taken on new mini series and he can't get those out on time. He's drawing all kinds of "inktober" drawings on twitter and no shortage of cover work or work for Mondo while his monthly books are suffering huge delays.

Clearly these two aren't that invested, or interested in their comics work. I'd, like you, love to see Afterlife get some kind of conclusion, but they haven't shown me any level of dedication that deserves my reciprocation.

So, I won't hold my breath, and I hope it comes out for those that remember/care about it, but I won't be buying it.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Roberto Aguirre Sacasa is the showrunner of Riverdale, which is more popular, I'm sure pays better, and is more important to the publisher than Afterlife, so. Priorities.

Francavilla. I love his art, but he's taken on new mini series and he can't get those out on time. He's drawing all kinds of "inktober" drawings on twitter and no shortage of cover work or work for Mondo while his monthly books are suffering huge delays.

Clearly these two aren't that invested, or interested in their comics work. I'd, like you, love to see Afterlife get some kind of conclusion, but they haven't shown me any level of dedication that deserves my reciprocation.
    What pisses me off about the whole crappy situation is that Sacasa could've handed the writing chores to someone else if he knew he was going to be busy helming Riverdale. Or, failing that, the editors at Archie should've taken him off the book when they saw he wasn't going to invest the time in it. Ditto for Francavilla. Why Archie wasn't more proactive I have zero idea, by sitting on their hands, they effectively helped kill Afterlife, and that never should've been allowed to happen. Like you, Joker, I don't care about the book anymore.

While I'm at it, the entire relaunched Archie line has disappointed me of late. Archie, the flagship book took a downward turn from lighthearted fare to teen pathos with "Over The Edge"; Jughead, easily the funniest book of the lot simply ended after issue #16 (poor sales?); Adam Hughes' take on Betty and Veronica which I loved was nothing more than a three issue tease while Josie and the Pussycats never caught or held my attention. I'm not liking what I'm seeing from Archie, that's hard for me to admit as a longtime fan.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I'm not sure if Archie Comics itself doesn't deserve some anger/blame here.
    Considering how many other new books they started that were then published "infrequently" (how many of the Dark Circle superhero titles stayed even somewhat on schedule?), it would appear they did a piss-poor job of schedule maintenance / publishing. (And worse, they still were soliciting new issues of comic books when it should have been apparent they were already so far behind that the new issue solicitation dates would be impossible to deliver on!)

He's the Chief Creative Officer of Archie Comics. I guess it's hard to tell him to pass the book to someone else.

I'd hate it going to a different creative team, though. Those two are why the book is good. I probably wouldn't buy it if another team took it over.

Someone else said it better, but if Archie can't show commitment to its comics, then I don't see why I should either. I'm still holding out for Sabrina but have just dropped Afterlife from my pull list.
    Give me Brexit or give me death.

Mighty Member

I saw Afterlife with Archie Vol 2 is coming in Archie for feb. Its collecting 6 to 10 I'm thinking of getting vol 1 and vol 2 when it comes.Is 10 the end of a story ark couse i don't think there will be any more

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    I saw Afterlife with Archie Vol 2 is coming in Archie for feb. Its collecting 6 to 10 I'm thinking of getting vol 1 and vol 2 when it comes. Is 10 the end of a story ark couse i don't think there will be any more
    Well, that's hard to say.
    Previewsworld listings for issues #11 and #12 had them as ""Betty: RIP," Part 6" and ""Betty: RIP," Part 7".