Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Trade-waiting. If it comes it comes.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Trade-waiting. If it comes it comes.
    Maybe you'll qualify for a senior citizen discount by then?

According to Bleedingcool Sabrina's taken another huge hit in the delay department.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/11...ina-9-delayed/

their whole horror line is fucked.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    According to Bleedingcool Sabrina's taken another huge hit in the delay department.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/11...ina-9-delayed/

their whole horror line is fucked.
    Yeah, pretty much.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    I saw Afterlife with Archie Vol 2 is coming in Archie for feb. Its collecting 6 to 10 I'm thinking of getting vol 1 and vol 2 when it comes.Is 10 the end of a story ark couse i don't think there will be any more
    Well, that's hard to say.
    Previewsworld listings for issues #11 and #12 had them as ""Betty: RIP," Part 6" and ""Betty: RIP," Part 7".
    The Vol. 2 collection is currently listed as "In Shops: Feb 28, 2018" on Previewsworld; Jughead: The Hunger #3 is shown as "In Shops: Jan 24, 2018; and they're promoting the latest "horror" series Vampironica as being out with issue #1 "In Shops: Mar 14, 2018".

But Previewsworld still shows Chilling Adventures of Sabrina #9 as "In Shops: Dec 06, 2017".
    (But since I don't think that ever happened, I'm guessing they're still waiting for a new date from Archie?)

BANNED

Not to randomly resurrect an old thread, but we are now in October 2018 with solicitations through to the end of the year and still no sign of Afterlife or sabrina.

I think it's safe to say that neither of these titles will ever see the light of day again, certainly not in any recognisable form from what they were. Archie F'd up on this, but then they have F'd up a lot recently. Too focused on Riverdale and making the main comics like that really.

Never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by AdventureBliss View Post
    Not to randomly resurrect an old thread, but we are now in October 2018 with solicitations through to the end of the year and still no sign of Afterlife or sabrina.

I think it's safe to say that neither of these titles will ever see the light of day again, certainly not in any recognisable form from what they were. Archie F'd up on this, but then they have F'd up a lot recently. Too focused on Riverdale and making the main comics like that really.

Never mind.
    They also fumbled badly with their Dark Circle Line of titles. So the Archie track record certainly leaves a lot of room to wonder.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I'm enjoying there new Horror titles. The new Vampi title is great! And the new stuff they have plan looks fun. But yeah, it sucks that the two first titles couldn't keep up.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Astonishing Member

The new Archie horror titles are fun, when treated as horror takes on conventional Archie comics. But The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina was rather different - it was a first-rate horror comic (by Vertigo or Image standards) per se, quite apart from its Archie tie-ins. I really miss seeing how they would have followed up on the "Cthulhu wedding" story!

Quote Originally Posted by AdventureBliss View Post

I think it's safe to say that neither of these titles will ever see the light of day again, certainly not in any recognizable form from what they were. Archie F'd up on this, but then they have F'd up a lot recently. Too focused on Riverdale and making the main comics like that really.

Never mind.
    Sabrina, at least, is pretty much dead.
    If it does get relaunched, it'll most likely emulate the show and (if Archie is smart) feature a whole different writer.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Javasaurus View Post
    They also fumbled badly with their Dark Circle Line of titles. So the Archie track record certainly leaves a lot of room to wonder.
    Unfortunately, this is nothing new when it comes to their past efforts to branch out from the old teen-age hijinks books with Archie & friends. It seems like it's been that way for decades.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Vampironica and Jughead: The Hunger haven’t been too bad, all things considered, but they’re nowhere near as excellent as Afterlife and Sabrina were.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!