Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

The word he keeps forgetting to say is "paragon". He does not want Wonder Woman to be a paragon of feminism because paragons are usually not human, fallible or real.

Quote Originally Posted by GLFan5994 View Post
    The word he keeps forgetting to say is "paragon". He does not want Wonder Woman to be a paragon of feminism because paragons are usually not human, fallible or real.
    Ding ding ding, we have a winner.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by glfan5994 View Post
    the word he keeps forgetting to say is "paragon". He does not want wonder woman to be a paragon of feminism because paragons are usually not human, fallible or real.
    Thank you!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    And then those same people telling others, who have everyone reason to be alarmed, to let it go. We don't learn anything from doing nothing.
    yes, we need to discuss and learn from it. let it go just don't solve nothing.
    Last edited by Javier Velasco; 07-01-2014 at 10:43 PM. Reason: referred to deleted post

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Teek View Post
    His exact wording was, "I don't want to say feminist," which was all it took to start this ball rolling. Just the mere declaration that he didn't want to throw his hat into this particular ring and now Mother Jones is writing sensational (and inaccurate) headlines and he's trapped in the exact sandpit he explicitly said he didn't want to get trapped in.

There isn't a sentence in the English language that can't be turned into a "controversy" so long as people looking to be offended say, "And what do you mean by that?" enough times.
    Yes, in a sentence where it made no sense to do so. Hence misunderstanding. Hence confusion. Hence controversy. And his appology made it all the more confusing as to what he seems to think the word means.
    Plus, yeah, saying "I don't want to say feminist" when talking about THE feminist icon in superheroes is a pretty big mistake when it comes to PR. You imply the word is an insult (which it isn't, but is a common enough misconception to have people tired of dealing with this cr.p naturally angry at you), and you refuse to acknowledge an important element of the character in a way that makes it all too easy to take out of context to make it all sound even worse. If he really doesn't want to say "feminist", just don't say it.
    Finally......can somebody tell me what a "Mother Jones" is?
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    It's a magazine.
    Ho.
    A feminist magazine often perceived as being on the extreme side of the spectrum, I take it?

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    Ho.
    A feminist magazine often perceived as being on the extreme side of the spectrum, I take it?
    Not so much.

Google is your friend.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_Jones_(magazine)

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Thing 2099 View Post
    Not so much.

Google is your friend.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_Jones_(magazine)
    That will teach me to make educated guesses.

Hugely underqualified and inexperienced writer + artist known for his delays and slow work-rate + pre-release controversy = I'm starting to think that this run might end up not even getting off the ground.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by King's_Gambit View Post
    Hugely underqualified and inexperienced writer + artist known for his delays and slow work-rate + pre-release controversy = I'm starting to think that this run might end up not even getting off the ground.
    nah. it will get released because Finch is a DC exclusive, but I don't think it will be along run

Fantastic Member butterfingers158's Avatar

I didn't read the whole thread, but everyone saying he shouldn't be afraid of the word feminist have clearly never been to tumblr. Some feminists don't like to identify with the feminist movement anymore because of the tumblr SJWs.

Quote Originally Posted by butterfingers158 View Post
    I didn't read the whole thread, but everyone saying he shouldn't be afraid of the word feminist have clearly never been to tumblr. Some feminists don't like to identify with the feminist movement anymore because of the tumblr SJWs.
    That's what I said.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterfingers158 View Post
    Never heard of this problem in Tumblr, very much the contrary

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Eldritch View Post
    IMHO, Wonder Woman can be an feminist icon just for being a strong character, without any feminist preaching.
    and this is exactly why i liked azz's run so much. It was concerned about telling a great story about a feminist icon and not a sermon. i dont read comics to be preached too, regardless of whether i agree with the ideals or not. WW is a feminist icon, but first and foremost she is a character. the goal of every character is to serve it's purpose for the story.

BANNED

These interviews that are being done seem strange to me. He is speaking quite a bit on his wife's behalf it sounds like and talking about how "they" are going to write her, what "they" want done with her, "their" plans for the future. While I get an artist has input I have a strong feeling he is basically assisting in the ghost writing of the title but because his Batman writing was less than applauded they were afraid to announce him as such. I have a feeling this plan may change before it is released and we see the title cancelled and restarted with the end of the run.
    Also...David, Wonder Woman is NOT human...she is a god.