Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Rick Famuyima has left The Flash movie.

Famuyima is leaving the film over alleged "creative differences."

“When I was approached by Warner Bros and DC about the possibility of directing The Flash, I was excited about the opportunity to enter this amazing world of characters that I loved growing up, and still do to this day. I was also excited to work with Ezra Miller, who is a phenomenal young actor,” Famuyiwa said in a statement. “I pitched a version of the film in line with my voice, humor, and heart. While it’s disappointing that we couldn’t come together creatively on the project, I remain grateful for the opportunity. I will continue to look for opportunities to tell stories that speak to a fresh generational, topical, and multicultural point of view. I wish Warner Brothers, DC, Jon Berg, Geoff Johns, and Ezra Miller all the best as they continue their journey into the speed force.”

BANNED

this isn't good they will hire Snyder if they can't find a replacement and people will be very angry as a result

Damn as much as i dont like ezras creepy version of Barry from the JL trailer, i really like the director and was still excited. Hopefully they get someone with an equally fresh style to replace him. Didnt another drector step down before they hired rick?
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 10-31-2016 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Dafuw as much as i dont like ezras creepy version of Barry from the JL trailer, i really like the director and was still excited. Hopefully they get someone with an equally fresh style to replace him. Didnt another drector step down before they hired rick?
    Yep. They were apparently still using that director's script treatment when Rick came in.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yep. They were apparently still using that director's script treatment when Rick came in.
    Rick came. on awhile back why are they just now figuring out his vision of the flash isnt in line with theyres? You would think he woulda pitched his treatment for The flash before they officially brought him on

It think the reason for him leaving is an over simplified one, that just sounds more cordial.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Rick came. on awhile back why are they just now figuring out his vision of the flash isnt in line with theyres? You would think he woulda pitched his treatment for The flash before they officially brought him on

It think the reason for him leaving is an over simplified one, that just sounds more cordial.
    You're asking that like Wright didn't leave Antman 2 month before shooting.

These things happen. Also, visions of things change over time.

Incredible Member

Dang I was looking forward to this movie because it seemed like it was going to be tonally different than the DCU has been in Snyder's hands. I think it's a loss, but it could all depend on who replaces him. "I pitched a version of the film in line with my voice, humor, and heart," he said. Here's hoping the final film still has those elements.

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post

And that ultimately worked out for the best, so I'm not worried about The Flash movie .

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And that ultimately worked out for the best, so I'm not worried about The Flash movie .
    For me i'm not worried because i've a better version on the small screen.

I think even the most ardent DCEU supporters would readily admit that Marvel's "behind the scene" stuff is much much much more stable and able to handle a director change more smoothly than WB.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    For me i'm not worried because i've a better version on the small screen.
    Heh, that too .

Extraordinary Member

The most surprising thing about this is the implication that somewhere there is a overarching plan to the DCEU.

Antman was wrights vision from top to bottom and he wasnt having any of the marvel mandates. Rick was working with someone elses script and wasnt the first person brought on board to begin with. Hope this movie doesnt become another gambit unable to make progress. But given its flash i assume the studio will get this made no matter who the director is.

They should start from scracth and get another actor that's not gonna be a Peter Parker clone.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    They should start from scracth and get another actor that's not gonna be a Peter Parker clone.
    And get a costume that doesn't look so damn busy. Something a little more sleek and aerodynamic. I don't care if someone is the fastest man alive. All those gee-gaws are still going to cut down on his speed.