Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Default Doctor Strange Spoiler thread

The other Doctor Strange thread is more about the movie's possible failure than being a general thread. Open spoilers here.

It was great.

Strange is a absolute savage before going to Napal. The scene in his empty apartment with Christine is emotionally brutal. Tony Stark in his pre-Iron Man days was this big of a dick.

Also, screw Strange for not wanting to treat War Machine.

It's a little difficult to be emotionally invested in Mordo's turn to villainy. His principles are all we learn about him. We don't know what brought him to the sanctuary and why he felt the way he did. He didn't get to develop a strong bond with Strange. He tutored him a little bit and that's it. Hopefully the sequel will improve this.

Caught an earlier showing as well. I thought it was awesome as well. It is definitely above average and kept my attention throughout. The cast was great, as expected. The visuals were great as expected AND then some, my goodness this movie was dripping with cash They had a budget and a half. The villain(s)..lol were one offs as expected, although I didn't expect Kacielius to be as effective/successful in his moves as he was, you know? Pretty much every move he made until the end he did exactly what he wanted to do, so that was cool.

Some areas were rushed, and I would have liked to spend a bit more time with him as a surgeon and a novice sorcerer. Because we got great moments of each, but there could have been a smoother middle ground to connect from one thing another. Just a little more time to marinate, because every step of the journey was so fun and endearing you just want to sit with it a bit longer. I loved the astral projection surgery scene, I remembered "The Oath" as soon as he left his body.

Oh! I did not expect Rachel McAdams to not be a throwaway love interest! She actually served a purpose and actually was not romantically involved with him in this film, they had a past, but that part of their life may truly be over. Major kudos for proving me wrong there. That made me so happy.

I want to agree with you Immortal regarding Mordo's turn to villainy, and I probably will, but only until I'm sure I know exactly where his villainy will go. Because even though we see him take away that man's ability to walk, as bad as that is, I don't think he killed him.

Question, the guy who was reverted back to paralyses by Mordo, I don't remember his name in the movie, but was he supposed to be Reginald Pavlish from the comics? But with a spin or is he someone else entirely?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The other Doctor Strange thread is more about the movie's possible failure than being a general thread. Open spoilers here.

It was great.

Strange is a absolute savage before going to Napal. The scene in his empty apartment with Christine is emotionally brutal. Tony Stark in his pre-Iron Man days was this big of a dick.

Also, screw Strange for not wanting to treat War Machine.

It's a little difficult to be emotionally invested in Mordo's turn to villainy. His principles are all we learn about him. We don't know what brought him to the sanctuary and why he felt the way he did. He didn't get to develop a strong bond with Strange. He tutored him a little bit and that's it. Hopefully the sequel will improve this.
    The other, other thread on Strange discussing the movie is still on the first page.

http://community.comicbookresources....(Spoilers-duh)

And, yes, Strange is the only character that gets any sort of development. Everyone else just gets bits of info thats supposed to carry them through the whole flick.

We didnt get a actual reason why Kaecilius is all evil. We get that his family died and then what? If i miss something it was probably because of all the freaking fighting in between.

Not sure if serious. There is already another spoiler thread multiple pages in progress. And no it's not geared towards the film being a disappointment. Not sure how you came to that conclusion.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    Not sure if serious. There is already another spoiler thread multiple pages in progress. And no it's not geared towards the film being a disappointment. Not sure how you came to that conclusion.
    This is the other thread I was talking about.
    http://community.comicbookresources....First-Big-Flop

I didn't notice Iron Fist's thread. Just merge this thread with that one.