Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

The Minotaur is a beast that eats people, he didn't do anything, to my recollection, that would've suggested to her "it" was intelligent much less on par with humans. The Minotaur attacked Wonder Woman like a rabid animal is what he did… and yet she spared him which got her in a lot of trouble btw

The Lamb's fate was death, at the age of 6 weeks. Lambs are baby sheep if you didn't know. So apparently the Perez Wonder Woman ate baby animals even though she had EMPATHY with them?

Also cultured-meat contains less chemicals, it's disease-free plus we can control the fat content so it's actually good for us

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    And the Amazons haven't had the technology to brew up meat in petri dishes since the end of the Silver Age.
    They do now. She arrived in Smallville aboard the invisible jet, didn't you notice that?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by username_ View Post
    She couldn't bring herself to kill the Minotaur, I like to think Wonder Woman wouldn't sink her teeth into a cute little lamb, stolen from its mother, especially if she can communicate with them. She might as well eat humans I mean where does she draw the line…Besides, lab-grown meat is more convenient, that's where we're headed, the Amazons would've been doing it for decades
    Well this is a point where I could sink my teeth firmly in. I do see yours and Farron's point, but at the same time one can love animals and still eat meat. Do I think Diana would kill a cute little lamb, stolen from its mother? I highly doubt it would be correct to portray her that way in line with her character. But at the same time, she is a warrior who has slaughtered creatures and beheaded them brutally, when she found it necessary. She decapitated Max Lord in 2005. Therefore, if she finds it necessary to kill, more likely, she will kill, even for eating. I think it meshes perfectly with how she is supposed to be written.

Shes practical.

The taste of meat is totally different from the taste of mesculun greens. I can see the necessity to slaughter an animal like a boar and consume it.

Last edited by dianafan1985; 10-06-2016 at 02:51 AM.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by username_ View Post
    The Minotaur is a beast that eats people, he didn't do anything, to my recollection, that would've suggested to her "it" was intelligent much less on par with humans. The Minotaur attacked Wonder Woman like a rabid animal is what he did… and yet she spared him which got her in a lot of trouble btw
    He attacked her like a rabid animal. Then? When she rendered him helpless and prepared to kill him, she looked him in the eye and saw the humanity that was already there.

She wasn't looking for dinner when she fought him. He was no longer a threat to her. She could see he didn't want to die. There was no need to kill him. She spared him. And that actually got her OUT of a lot of trouble later on.

How does she know the Minotaur is human-like? Perhaps she's familiar with his myths? The Minotaur was born of a human woman. In some versions of the myths, he even had a name: "Asterion." Not a hard conclusion to reach. And again? New 52 Diana never demonstrated animal empathy.

The Lamb's fate was death, at the age of 6 weeks. Lambs are baby sheep if you didn't know. So apparently the Perez Wonder Woman ate baby animals even though she had EMPATHY with them?
    I'm well aware of that. I eat lambs all the time. They're delicious.

Having EMPATHY with them doesn't mean she's connected to them in every way. Having EMPATHY with them doesn't mean she feels every lamb's death when they're being slaughtered. Having EMPATHY with them doesn't mean she's incapable of recognizing that they're still prey animals and feeding on them is part of the natural order of things. Aquaman certainly feels this way about fish. Dude likes Fish and Chips.

And once again? It's never been clear how her animal empathy works. It's one of her most obscure powers ever.

Also cultured-meat contains less chemicals, it's disease-free plus we can control the fat content so it's actually good for us
    Sure. You're conjuring up organic matter in artificial conditions not in any way similar to the actual process by which animals are born. I'm sure this is all achieved by magic and positive thinking.

They do now. She arrived in Smallville aboard the invisible jet, didn't you notice that?
    I did notice that.

Now please explain to me how having the ability to paint an aircraft from another civilization invisible translates to having an advanced biochemistry lab in which they conjure up meat from nothing?

Also? The invisible jet pictured there may not be the one we've seen in Dianna's own book. Writers are notorious for ignoring Diana's own book and doing their own thing with her. Trinity isn't even under the same Editorial office as Diana's own book.
    Last edited by Vanguard-01; 10-06-2016 at 03:47 AM.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Now please explain to me how having the ability to paint an aircraft from another civilization invisible translates to having an advanced biochemistry lab in which they conjure up meat from nothing?
    They didn't just paint it. They repaired it and upgraded it -- it was basically self-flying and had some kind of telepathic interface and machine learning capability we don't fully know about yet.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vaffrey View Post
    They didn't just paint it. They repaired it and upgraded it -- it was basically self-flying and had some kind of telepathic interface and machine learning capability we don't fully know about yet.
    Yeah, I know.

I blame that part of the quote on a lack of sleep and residual skepticism that DC will actually make the effort to represent Diana evenly across all books. Sure, Rucka gave the Amazons all that cool stuff. Now, it remains to be seen if any OTHER writers want to acknowledge it. Especially a writer in a book that doesn't even have the same Editorial office watching it.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

There should have been a panel with Lois reacting to the gift of a boar and Diana explaining. It would've added some comic relief and maybe clarified Diana's thinking for the reader.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Trinity 3 preview

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Trinity 3 preview
    I much prefer this guest artist's cleaner style. The Trinity are rendered beautifully in this issue.