Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BadTitan View Post
    Thanos as many impressive feats under Giffen, Abnett/Lanning,Marz and to a extent with Hickman In Infinity.
    No one in the entire marvel universe has more impressive feats than Thanos (except maybe Doom). That is simply how Thanos is properly written.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    Am I the only one who thought Thanos may have been defeated a bit too easily and that he should have instantly one-shot/crush Carol & America without trouble?

I mean, don't get me wrong, at least it was stated/confirmed that they couldn't overpower or defeat him directly, let alone hope to contain him while he was active. It just felt like like the Mad Titan should have beat them all within an inch of their lives before they resorted to using Black Panther's method of strategy to shut down his brain impulses temporarily. Even then, I almost expected Thanos to burst to his feet, blast them all aside and escape.

But I can't help but wonder... if they can't contain him there, where will they take Thanos? Perhaps relocate him to a prison in another dimension? It worked when Doctor Strange realized they couldn't stop the rampaging Mindless Hulk and banished him to the dimensional crossroads. I'm very intrigued on what they shall do with the Mad Titan now. The only reason he was captured/contained in the first place was due to him being physically weakened.
    I'm still not entirely sure how powerful MAC is supposed to be, but Carol in Binary form is in that class 100 ball park. She's still not in Thanos league per say but she won't necessarily get one shotted either.

Plus you coukd easily see thanos wasnt going all out

He was having fun, trash talking gary Payton style, playing with his food before he got hit by something he thought he could "burst like a soap bubble"
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Plus you coukd easily see thanos wasnt going all out

He was having fun, trash talking gary Payton style, playing with his food before he got hit by something he thought he could "burst like a soap bubble"
    Yeah the story made it clear he had the entire team completely outclassed. And that's saying a lot given how ridiculously powerful this team is.

So while I wouldn't say anything we saw necessarily qualifies as a feat, it was nonetheless a strong showing because it highlighted just what sort of a beast Thanos is.

Mighty Member

As has been the pattern, "the Ultimates" continues to impress.

On a purely fan-boy level, Thanos' monologue was what it needed to be. Ewing had Thanos address a character on page, and the readers, with an info-dump on Marvel's cosmic state. There is an overt nod to Starlin's (finally) resolved Thanos and Warlock dynamic. It is made clear that the "current" Thanos (who is not really the old Thanos) will never have the same editorial issues as the old Thanos (constantly bouncing between redemption and corruption).

Ewing touches on the idea that things are in disarray (partly because of the Ultimates' actions). And, he plays off the obligatory cross-over in a way that works for this series. (As pointed out by others in this thread, Ewing is arguably giving it more thought than Bendis has been giving the main event.)

This issue really hints at how much I am going to miss Rocafort on art. The new art is not inherently bad. But, it is a huge step down from Rocafort.

- They use the machine... and it basically breaks Thanos brain by stopping all his electrical synapses. He aint dead thoug ahd T'challa wonders if he even can die.
    Evidence says this is not likely.

Now, I'd like to take the time to ask Marvel an important question: Where is our Marvel Legends Blue Marvel figure?!?!?!............ C'mon Man!
    I would prefer a 4-inch figure. (I already have a Black Panther and two Captain Danvers figures in that scale. But, either way, I want the team in on scale or another.)
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    As has been the pattern, "the Ultimates" continues to impress.

On a purely fan-boy level, Thanos' monologue was what it needed to be. Ewing had Thanos address a character on page, and the readers, with an info-dump on Marvel's cosmic state. There is an overt nod to Starlin's (finally) resolved Thanos and Warlock dynamic. It is made clear that the "current" Thanos (who is not really the old Thanos) will never have the same editorial issues as the old Thanos (constantly bouncing between redemption and corruption).

Ewing touches on the idea that things are in disarray (partly because of the Ultimates' actions). And, he plays off the obligatory cross-over in a way that works for this series. (As pointed out by others in this thread, Ewing is arguably giving it more thought than Bendis has been giving the main event.)

This issue really hints at how much I am going to miss Rocafort on art. The new art is not inherently bad. But, it is a huge step down from Rocafort.

Evidence says this is not likely.

I would prefer a 4-inch figure. (I already have a Black Panther and two Captain Danvers figures in that scale. But, either way, I want the team in on scale or another.)
    When you're literally Deaths boyfriend you're pretty tough to kill. So yeah .. this is the best that can be done.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    Am I the only one who thought Thanos may have been defeated a bit too easily and that he should have instantly one-shot/crush Carol & America without trouble?
    Yes, if he thought that he was facing Sentry, Thor, Black Bolt, etc., he would have made a strong business decision and dispatched them with prejudice. But remember, Thanos was extremely confident that he was facing lesser opponents who had slim chance of beating him a second time physically. He didn't bring it in full measure and he lost because of it. He won't make that mistake a third time. The next time that he faces the Ultimates, expect someone to get seriously injured within Thanos' first two moves. Then again, maybe the next time they face him, Anti-Man and/or Galactus will be there in the Ultimates' corner. Honestly, that's the fight that I was hoping to see. Thanos is Thanos, the Ultimates can't stop him, but Anti-Man comes to his senses long enough to help out his friend Brashear. And then all hell breaks loose.

But I can't help but wonder... if they can't contain him there, where will they take Thanos? Perhaps relocate him to a prison in another dimension?
    Blue Marvel has a holding cell at his Mariana Trench HQ (Kadesh) that is said to be "Thanos proof." They could hold him there, or MAC can port him off-world. No, I don't see Thanos falling for a "trap door" trick, but you never know. The problem is that you don't want Thanos anywhere near the Iso-Cosmic Cube that he covets. It really doesn't make any sense at all to imprison him anywhere near Terra Firma. I would have put him back in chains and ported him to the Neutral Zone. Deep, deep, deep in the Neutral Zone.

This team needs Quasar and maybe another fighter.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    When you're literally Deaths boyfriend you're pretty tough to kill. So yeah .. this is the best that can be done.
    more like death's stalker, right? "she" has been leading him on for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    wouldn't a Starbrand come in more handy?

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    ive said that Real Thor should have been on the team since the beginning, both for another brute but also for sales
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    more like death's stalker, right? "she" has been leading him on for awhile.
    Such a tease. smh

Thanos may need to try tinder or join a cooking class to meet more chicks. expand his horizon some, etc

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post

Rocafort isn't coming back for year 2?

And it seems like he's either not having enough time to finish these last few issues and is being selective on what pages he will draw, hence the quick fill-in artist (and no offense to him/her, but the work does feel rushed at times) or Rocafort just wants to stick to abstract splash page-ish work and leave all the nitty gritty action type scenes largely to someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Such a tease. smh

Thanos may need to try tinder or join a cooking class to meet more chicks. expand his horizon some, etc
    he should pursue Hela; to make Death jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    he should pursue Hela; to make Death jealous.
    That's the thing though, should he pursue her as just another machiavellian means to wife up Death.. and miss out on making a good (or evil ) woman out of Hela? Or should he make a genuine effort to move on from death and start a new life with another embodiment of the afterlife?

Aren't these the problems the Ultimates are supposed to solve? I think Thanos just needs a low maintenance girlfriend whose ready to settle down