Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Spider-Woman #11 CW II tie in - Spoilers

This issue was a great read but a rough one.

-Jess is not in a good place mentally at the moment. She's breaking into the Morgue to see Banner's body and we get a call out the "Hulk Make me a sandwich" moment from KSD's Avenger's Assemble. This is a really sweet moment.

-Then we see Jess breaking into Banner's lab - looking for clues for what really? She doesn't even know. We are reminded here that Jess has super strength and she pretty much wrecks the place in her grief.

-Porcupine finds her and is able to talk her around a bit. Tells Jess to head to the source. (IMO I immediately thought Carol here- Jess thinks he means Clint.)

-Instead of calling Carol directly (because Jess is PISSED at Carol) Jess breaks into the Alpha Flight Space Station

-But Carol knows Jess and heads her off at the pass. Carol tries to talk Jess around, but Jess isn't hear it. Jess throws several punches at Carol but Carol doesn't fight back and continues to try and convince Jess to talk it out.

-Jess comes around in the fact that she doesn't try to fight Carol anymore - and instead breaks up with Carol.

This issue was rough - that ending was rough. And I know it's going to be fixed - how can it not? But I was really really hoping Carol would talk Jess around. Jess is hurting and channeling all that hurt into anger. She's not letting herself grieve and (To be honest Carol isn't grieving either and needs to) here's Carol -offering herself to be Jess' punching bag and Jess is walking away from it in typical Jess fashion (because this is what Jess does when she's hurting). Jess is absolutely justified in her anger - but I really hope our ladies work this out and become friends again.

Very well written issue from Hopeless and Vernoica Fish's art is one point. She's a perfect artist for Spider-Woman imo.

Also an interview with Dennis Hopeless on what's next for Jess
    Last edited by Seren; 09-28-2016 at 10:06 AM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

One of the best issues so far.

- Jess's grey outfit looks awesome.
    - Porcupine talking her out of smacking stuff around was great.
    - Carol really doesn't seem to actually know Jess very well "Let's hug it out" Suure!
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Astonishing Member

Very emotional issue for Ms. Drew......great moments of her memories with Hulk & Bruce Banner....excellent responses to Carol due to the (Second) Civil War.

Honestly, I feel that Jess is just so beyond reason at this point because her grief is so profound. I think (I REALLY HOPE) that Jess will come around and talk it out with Carol.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

this is a clear reminder to not make Jess angry.

Very emotional issue, she isn't really wanting to talk with Carol and her friends dissapointed her: carol on her chase to get criminals before commit crimes and then it leading to banner dead. Clint shot Banner dead...it's a complicated moment.

really sad Jess broke with Carol. after brangelina, it's hard to find true love out there haha

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Honestly, I feel that Jess is just so beyond reason at this point because her grief is so profound. I think (I REALLY HOPE) that Jess will come around and talk it out with Carol.
    Personally, while yea I find that Jess is in a state of being emotional, I don't find that she's wrong. Essentially Carol has been walking a slippery slope this whole event with using Ulysses' powers and, while initially they were stopping wold ending threats, she's made some questionable moves once things started pointing towards things happening with heroes. Even after Tony presented his findings to her, she still plows forward without listening to reason. There's trying to stop crimes before they happen but now she's treating her friends as collateral damage in an 'ends justify the means' movement. Killing her own friend didn't even shake her resolve, it only further hardened it and things have only gotten worse from there.

Oh I didn't mean that Jessica doesn't have a right to be angry. She absolutely does. But when Jess is down and hurt and angry she tends to push people away and deal with things on her own. Which doesn't always end well for Jess. Glad she still has Roger and Ben.

But I really hope she works things out with Carol. And to he fair, at least in Carols book, she's trying really hard to not go down that slope.

And yes, this is why you don't piss off The Spider-Woman XD

I didn't like it. I prefer the happy Jessica and Friends aspect of the last few issues.

Well it looks like issue 12 is going to be another romp around the MU with Porcupine so there's that?

I liked the flashback walk down memory lane that Jess had when as Spiderwoman she could make Hulk make her a sandwich. Bruce comes in with, well, Hulk used to follow you around like a puppy, and Jess was, yes I liked that about him, and kissed Banner for the Hulk.

But the really big revelation was with the conversation between Porcupine and Jess at Banners lab, when Jess finished examining what was there. Jess said, "...if you can kill Bruce Banner with an arrow, you didn't [expletive] need too". There, just that, should have been the argument that convicted Hawkeye, but, that logic wasn't even taken in consideration. Normally, if Banner could turn into the Hulk, the Arrow would be taken out, and Hulk would heal. No Hulk, means Banner was cured, and it didn't matter if Clint thought he saw green, because Hulk never appeared, Clint was guilty of killing a cured Banner.

What was also really good was Hopeless' final conversation between Carol and Jess, where Carol insisted on reconciliation, but Jess got out of it with dignity, and the "I don't want to look at your smug little face". It completely turned Carols statements right in their end, so Carol felt bad.

I really felt that Jess had honest affection for Banner/Hulk. I thought Jess did a fine job proving Ulysses is always right. But the shock of being able to kill Bruce was unimaginable, so Jess never thought there would be a time she couldn't connect with the Hulk ever again.

Excellent points, all of them Jack. One of my favorite things from KSD's Avenger's Assemble run was that friendship that sprung up between Jess and Banner/Hulk. I'm glad Hopeless acknowledge that and addressed it. This was such a great issue, even if it broke my heart.

On another note, Retcon Punch did a really great break down of this issue as well.

Excellent points, all of them Jack. One of my favorite things from KSD's Avenger's Assemble run was that friendship that sprung up between Jess and Banner/Hulk. I'm glad Hopeless acknowledge that and addressed it. This was such a great issue, even if it broke my heart.

On another note, Retcon Punch did a really great break down of this issue as well.
    Yes, that interview was great detail, especially the art and colouring giving nuance to the moods. And I liked that Jess has that ability to be that beautiful blond that everybody says 'yes' too, only she's a brunette. It's such an anomaly. Brunette Jess can be the blond, batt her eye lashes, and big husky men follow her around like puppies.

Jess saying, "I like you more when you're angry", and Bruce smiles. That was the best epitaph to the Hulk yet. I mean, there were so many more last words from people that needed to be said at "The Fallen". Odinson Thor wasn't there. Hulks wife from Sakaar should have had a spiritual moment of rejoining. It took Jessica to make the whole super hero community's gratefulness for Hulks mission expressed in that one flashback moment.
    Last edited by jackolover; 09-29-2016 at 07:29 PM.

That was a really great breakdown. Thanks for posting it.

You're welcome!

But do you know what really killed me about this issue now that I've read it umpteen time (I loved it. I must be a masochist)? The part where Carol is literally offer herself up to be Jessica's punching bag. She was perfectly ok with Jessica beating the **** out of her if it would make Jess feel better. At least, that's what I got from. It kinda kills me every time I read it.

Fantastic Member

This was a great read no doubt but, it was so heartbreaking especially that last scene between Carol and Jessica.