Default New Avengers #16 SPOILERS

Avengers v.s. Revengers!

Hulking v.s. Power Skrull! Teddy revealed his secret of carrying mobile phone into battle! Question lingers - what is the Earth-Skrullos Alliance?

Billy v.s. Asti! Description Theory confirmed for Marvel Universe!

Songbird v.s. Angar! Kurt Busiek classic Thunderbolts referenced! But is that a reference to Icarus or Elixir?

Squirrel Girl v.s. Vermin! It's all talk!

Meanwhile, Maker kidnapped and sold Obama for funds, and Agent Garrett shot Sunspot in the head!
    Last edited by itspopularnowitsucks; 09-29-2016 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Mixed up Issue number
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

This is a great book. So sad it's ending. Even if it's getting a sort of follow up in USAvengers, it won't be the same with the cast changing.

Nice penultimate. I did wonder if they were gonna go through with the shooting and seeing it now, I am pumped to see how this panes out.

Plus the Maker getting the PotUS sounds like a set up for some major stuff going down.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

This issue was ridiculous and awesome. Vermin being defeated by a labour dispute might have been my favourite part. This is just what happens when Squirrel Girl's around.

Succinct and charming summary, itspopularnowitsucks.

This issue was sensational. I feel safe in saying that the majority of we avid followers were able to spot these pairings/face-offs right out the gate, but that didn't make them any less enjoyable.
    Ewing's continued mastery of voice and personality continues to delight. Each voice is unique and distinct. Each character shines in very accurate ways, faithful to their history. And the humor--speaking as a reader that follows many different titles, Ewing ought to receive some kind of trophy or plaque or something because this guy just gets it.

I'm really amped to see how 'Berto's condition will be explained.

Astonishing Member

Very great issue.....just one problem....

It's Issue #16, not #11.

Regardless.....still a great issue overall.
    Last edited by PaxHouse; 09-29-2016 at 10:47 AM.

It was a great issue and all have nice moments through the battles.

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Very great issue.....just one problem....

It's Issue #16, not #11.

Regardless.....still a great issue overall.
    Oh frack mixed up with Ultimates. I read Ultimates first actually because that was phenomena
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Succinct and charming summary, itspopularnowitsucks.

This issue was sensational. I feel safe in saying that the majority of we avid followers were able to spot these pairings/face-offs right out the gate, but that didn't make them any less enjoyable.
    Ewing's continued mastery of voice and personality continues to delight. Each voice is unique and distinct. Each character shines in very accurate ways, faithful to their history. And the humor--speaking as a reader that follows many different titles, Ewing ought to receive some kind of trophy or plaque or something because this guy just gets it.

I'm really amped to see how 'Berto's condition will be explained.
    Two possibilities. One, it triggers his dormant powers (the M-pox has supposedly depowered him) and he just heals. Or two, it's Hulkling in disguise. He's a shapeshifter, so again, he'd just heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Two possibilities. One, it triggers his dormant powers (the M-pox has supposedly depowered him) and he just heals. Or two, it's Hulkling in disguise. He's a shapeshifter, so again, he'd just heal.
    I bet on the second option. The phone call he got was probably from Sunspot.
    Fake death and fake burial, best way to survive when Ulysses predicted your death.

I love this Hulkling doppelganger theory!
    But what would they gain from faking a burial for SHIELD's sake?

I also think that it's not Sunspot, but Hulkling disguised as Sunspot, as it looked like in the previous issue he alongside warlock went after the Maker.

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    But what would they gain from faking a burial for SHIELD's sake?
    It's a way to be safe from Ulysse's vision.
    Make the prophecy happen, but decide how it happens.

couldn't being connected to Warlock save him? Doug Ramsey's back.

Fantastic issue, Squirrel Girl defeating Vermin via formation of a Rat Union...that's just so true to her own book it's frightening. Ewing is fantastic at nailing character nuance.

As for the cliffhanger, I agree that this seems like a good way to fulfill the vision without any of the consequences.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!