BANNED

Default Well, that was unpleasant... [New Avengers #16 Spoiler]

I just finished NA #16, and I have to say, I did NOT expect it to end with...

Roberto being shot in the head by Agent Garrett (or whatever the hell that douchecanoe's name is) in the final panel. I'm sure it's a fakeout, since he was wearing Warlock as a suit of armor, SHIELD busted out the LMDs these past few issues anyway, and we've seen Roberto in the promo art for USAvengers, but it was still awful to see.

At least you know he is alive and will come out on top unlike other characters like Cyclops.

It was a fun issue but it seems a shame that this team will not be together for longer and will go through many changes.

Sounds like this book is interesting. May have to check it out. Shame that it's changing soon.

Will 'Berto, Sam and Warlock be on U.S. Avengers?

BANNED

It's been a quirky and fun book. I've been very pleasantly surprised at how enjoyable it's been.

'Berto and Sam will definitely be in USAvengers. Not sure about Warlock, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Sounds like this book is interesting. May have to check it out. Shame that it's changing soon.

Will 'Berto, Sam and Warlock be on U.S. Avengers?
    'Berto and Sam are confirmed for U.S. Avengers.

I friggin loooove this book.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoFuriousGeorge View Post
    I just finished NA #16, and I have to say, I did NOT expect it to end with...

Roberto being shot in the head by Agent Garrett (or whatever the hell that douchecanoe's name is) in the final panel. I'm sure it's a fakeout, since he was wearing Warlock as a suit of armor, SHIELD busted out the LMDs these past few issues anyway, and we've seen Roberto in the promo art for USAvengers, but it was still awful to see.
    Yeah, it's Garrett, and it seems he's an even bigger bastard than his MCU counterpart in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., given that version was one of the secret HYDRA agents working within S.H.I.E.L.D. all along as per Captain America: The Winter Soldier and had zero regard for anyone and everyone around him other than himself. This version, while apparently still loyal to S.H.I.E.L.D., is just as much of a vicious, ruthless, sociopathic bastard, given that he hijacked Dum Dum Dugan to get the authorization to go after Roberto and A.I.M., and that says more than I would like about an organization like S.H.I.E.L.D. The comic book version of Grant Ward, along with a lot of other antagonist/villain characters recently, might have been on point calling S.H.I.E.L.D. out as being no better than HYDRA in the end.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, it's Garrett, and it seems he's an even bigger bastard than his MCU counterpart in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., given that version was one of the secret HYDRA agents working within S.H.I.E.L.D. all along as per Captain America: The Winter Soldier and had zero regard for anyone and everyone around him other than himself. This version, while apparently still loyal to S.H.I.E.L.D., is just as much of a vicious, ruthless, sociopathic bastard, given that he hijacked Dum Dum Dugan to get the authorization to go after Roberto and A.I.M., and that says more than I would like about an organization like S.H.I.E.L.D. The comic book version of Grant Ward, along with a lot of other antagonist/villain characters recently, might have been on point calling S.H.I.E.L.D. out as being no better than HYDRA in the end.
    My only exposure to Garrett has been in this book, and let me tell you, I haven't wanted a character to die in total agony faster than this guy. Not a SINGLE redeeming quality, and he isn't even entertaining in the process.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoFuriousGeorge View Post
    My only exposure to Garrett has been in this book, and let me tell you, I haven't wanted a character to die in total agony faster than this guy. Not a SINGLE redeeming quality, and he isn't even entertaining in the process.
    So he really is no different from his MCU counterpart, except for siding with S.H.I.E.L.D. instead of HYDRA, and again, as a lot of antagonists/villains in recent Marvel comics have pointed out, S.H.I.E.L.D. isn't really any better than HYDRA these days, if it ever was.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I love this book, when most of the Civil War books have been dour and depressing this series remains over the top fun. Squirrel Girl vs. Vermin was the highlight for me.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!