Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I would love to see ONE FULL YEAR of Steve NOT BEING CAPTAIN AMERICA and still remain alive as a consequence of the reversal.
    If something like that happened, it'd be official that Marvel must be running low on ideas considering that that would be the third time in less than 10 years that Steve stopped being Captain America.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Could Miles kill Steve? If Steve was sitting on Miles about to bring his shield down to cut Miles head off, I can see Miles tossing Steve off him, accidentally impelling Steve.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Miles in an Anakin Skywalker moment where he throws a shard to kill Steve, and he is a villain. I don't know fully how that would work, but it would certainly give Miles his Uncle Ben moment.
    Well, Miles can release a full body Venom blast, which would still hit Steve and most likely knock him out.

When I first heard about HYDRA!Cap I honestly thought it was the most repugnant thing Marvel could have done to Steve but after reading it's actually for me a pretty chilling but fascinating story. Steve been twisted to serve HYDRA but he's still Steve imo, he sincerely believes they will better the world. This issue though elevated my regard for this series, Civil War II now makes a hell of a lot more sense. It also makes this one of the most important series considering how Steves actions are effecting the rest of the MU.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    We can agree that someone will recognize the changes, on that i agree because that is how this will play out, there is no other outcome but that for how this will play out.

But as for the rest of your comment, i have no words, nothing comes to mind in light of what you just said...but not because you have given me an epiphany or made me see how wrong i am. No, i simply see your words and i know that nothing i say will make you rethink or question your position just as you must know i will not change mine. But i will say this if you truly believe the character of Steve Rogers would think any of that after all is said in done and either breaks free or released from this enslavement, then i don't believe you know that character at all.

So i will end this with the following...let's agree to disagree.
    I can fulling understand a disagreement on some of my positions, and welcome corrections. I see my position from one POV but another position can add to the overall discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    jackolover :

He joined Tony side in Civil War 2 issue 4.

It can be hard (after last issue)

Plus this is not brainwashing. Steve would resist brainwashing. She changed history.
    Thanks for your answers. I'll chase those up.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    No, because this isn't about brainwashing. Kobik has given Steve different memories. Steve isn't fighting against anything. No one's forcing him to do anything against his will. He's acting on his own volition off the memories he has now. He's still has the same moral certitude that he always had, he still has the same gift for strategy, the same ability to see a path to victory - but it's all in the service of Hydra now.

That's what makes this so great. The guy who - more than any other hero in the MU - always finds a way to win, regardless of the odds, is now working on behalf of Hydra. This is the guy you'd never want to bet against in a fight, the one guy you'd always choose to watch your back. And now he's secretly shaping events to serve his own hidden agenda and is willing to be ruthless to achieve his goals.

So how does this end? Who is going to be able to stop him? And how is Steve going to deal with this when it's all over? I think whatever happens on the other side of this is going to have a monumental impact on Steve - and the Marvel Universe as a whole - going forward.
    Okay, it's not brainwashing. If reality altering is more the definition, that's okay too, just that it can be reversed the same way it was implemented.

But this could have been an Event all itself if Marvel wanted to do something more sinister here with Steve Rogers. Everybody trusts Steve, and that's the horrifying thing about his activities. The last issue of Steves book shows the canniving lengths Steve goes too to hide his motivations and actions. But if Steve Rogers were to be shown to usurp a position of great authority using the respect he has garnered over the years because of his utter adherence to a code of honor, the horror it would be when at the end of his inauguration, he begins to enact Hydra protocol in the Beaurocracy from the top down. I mean, what is Steve Rogers mission? It used to be "uphold the US constitution". But Hydra/Cap? Why does he need to be in uniform, or hold a shield? He can do more in a suit as a strategist than fight on the front lines. See, that would be the real shock of Hydra/Cap, that he becomes like a Norman Osborn and puts his feet up and let's other people do to dirty work. I really would have liked to have see Steves endgame but I don't know if Marvel will want to go that far. They may just take Steve towards the precipice, but pull him back. It would be nice to see him at the precipice and see his vision of a Hydra America.
    Last edited by jackolover; 10-05-2016 at 07:14 AM.