Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default As a Hulk fan: What is your take on Civil War 2 ?

In the last Civil War, he was exiled by his "friends" and when he returned he waged war. This time however...it ended in death. His cousin's mad and his protege is out for answers. As fans of the Hulk, what do you think of Civil War 2 ?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    In the last Civil War, he was exiled by his "friends" and when he returned he waged war. This time however...it ended in death. His cousin's mad and his protege is out for answers. As fans of the Hulk, what do you think of Civil War 2 ?
    well, there could still be a twist, even if after the event itself (eg, banner gave hawkeye an "antidote" that put banner in a death like state but actually began a process to rebirth the hulk...) but really i find the need to remove the hulk from the field of play a compliment because he would tilt the scales mightily toward whichever side he chose.

we do know one thing... hulk will return, somehow and eventually.

Brian Michael Bendis should not be allowed to write Bruce Banner and Greg Pak is an amazing Hulk writer.

That about sums it up.

fortunately I have not wasted good money buying this corporate mandated, mediocre written book. however I find the killing of Bruce completely done for shock value and done in a way that is completely disrespectful of the character. I love the current totally awesome hulk and Pak's respect to Bruce's send off came off as genuine. It could have opened a whole new story for him but oh no, bendis had to kill him. whomever agreed to that should be fired. Bendis on the other hand.....I look forward to the day he retires and someone can undue all his poor stories.

I know death in Marvel is just a lazy way to generate buzz and $$$$. it was a cheap death and also diminished clint.
    Marvel and DC comics are no different than the food at McDonalds. It will fill you up but in the end bad for your health. Read more independent publishers. Get away from the corporate homogenous cookie cutter fast food comics.

The actual death of Banner to me was simply irritating as it not only was a terrible send off but it didn't make sense given the totally awesome hulk story and managed to ruin Hawkeye as well. however all the tie-ins that Greg Pak has done for Banner including his funeral issue were just simply amazing.

When it comes to Jen, I'm not entirely to thrilled with the new direction they are taking her but I suppose there is always a chance the writer can do something interesting with it.

As for Amadeus his story continues to be compelling for me as he struggles with his emotions. Not to mention I'm pretty excited to see him on the Champions.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I just want the Hulk back, man.

Depowered, killed, and now there are two others running around with the title..

Every couple of months seems like we're getting further and further away from seeing him return. Which as a Hulk fan I'm not happy about.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    The actual death of Banner to me was simply irritating as it not only was a terrible send off but it didn't make sense given the totally awesome hulk story and managed to ruin Hawkeye as well. however all the tie-ins that Greg Pak has done for Banner including his funeral issue were just simply amazing.

When it comes to Jen, I'm not entirely to thrilled with the new direction they are taking her but I suppose there is always a chance the writer can do something interesting with it.

As for Amadeus his story continues to be compelling for me as he struggles with his emotions. Not to mention I'm pretty excited to see him on the Champions.
    Completely agreed .

awful. garbage. beyond garbage.

BANNED

madeforTV
    but really i find the need to remove the hulk from the field of play a compliment because he would tilt the scales mightily toward whichever side he chose.
    Many heroes can remove him from the battle.
    Magik for example can teleport him to other dimension...
    I have even read about heroes who beat him with one touch.
    well, there could still be a twist,
    We had twist in Cap Steve Rogers right?
    and i love this twist

Hulk died and i am sad but ...
    Cap America solo series gained a lot thanks to this. This is best story in Marvel right now. Cap America is better than ever. And all books connected to this series are great right now.
    Ptrvc
    Every couple of months seems like we're getting further and further away from seeing him return. Which as a Hulk fan I'm not happy about.
    He will be ressurected in Uncanny Avengers 15 (October 15)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I think the entire event is utter garbage. Banner's death was insulting & disgusting. And I believe Axel Alonso, Brian Bendis, and the rest of Marvel's executives/editors need to be fired and replaced with those who actually want to tell good stories, keep our legacy heroes as they are, and introduce new heroes without resorting to pathetic PR stunts involving gender, race, religion, politics, sexuality, or whatever idiocy to sell comics.

Is it any wonder why DC Comics is on top? And I hope it keeps going that way until Marvel realizes how grossed and badly they F'ed everything up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by ospfwildcard View Post
    fortunately I have not wasted good money buying this corporate mandated, mediocre written book. however I find the killing of Bruce completely done for shock value and done in a way that is completely disrespectful of the character. I love the current totally awesome hulk and Pak's respect to Bruce's send off came off as genuine. It could have opened a whole new story for him but oh no, bendis had to kill him. whomever agreed to that should be fired. Bendis on the other hand.....I look forward to the day he retires and someone can undue all his poor stories.

I know death in Marvel is just a lazy way to generate buzz and $$$$. it was a cheap death and also diminished clint.
    Definitely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Brian Michael Bendis should not be allowed to write Bruce Banner and Greg Pak is an amazing Hulk writer.

That about sums it up.
    Yep, that's about right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    I just want the Hulk back, man.

Depowered, killed, and now there are two others running around with the title..

I think everyone, except for those newbies who are into this SJW Marvel pandering, would agree with you in that Banner/Hulk need to return and should have not of been treated with such foul disrespect.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    awful. garbage. beyond garbage.
    100% agreed.

I have the feeling they'll bring him back when Thor Ragnarok comes out next year. There's a certain synergy with things that's pretty much going on since Marvel movies first came out.This year of course we've had the return of Steve Rogers Captain America (Although with the Hydra twist) and of course the Civil War II storyline due to the movie dealing with both, not to mention the Apocalypse stuff in the X-me ntitles.

Although I wonder if he does return what incarnation it will be. He was pretty much last "Doc Green" in the last issue of his own title (Although his intelligence seemed to be degrading as he noted), although in "Totally Awesome" he seemed more like the Green Scar that Pak's pretty much been writing since day one.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

My take is this:

Bendis!!!

Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    I think the entire event is utter garbage. Banner's death was insulting & disgusting. And I believe Axel Alonso, Brian Bendis, and the rest of Marvel's executives/editors need to be fired and replaced with those who actually want to tell good stories, keep our legacy heroes as they are, and introduce new heroes without resorting to pathetic PR stunts involving gender, race, religion, politics, sexuality, or whatever idiocy to sell comics.

Is it any wonder why DC Comics is on top? And I hope it keeps going that way until Marvel realizes how grossed and badly they F'ed everything up.
    Bingo! And key quote here. "why DC Comics is on top?" Well as of the last two months they are. This "idiocy" has actually hurt Marvel quite a bit. And BMB being the ring leader around this idiocy. Marvel is learning the hard way that people don't take to kindy to having their legacy characters trashed to force an agenda. My pull list has dwindled almost down to nothing. I stopped reading CW II because the whole concept of passing judgement before it happens is just ridiculous.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

In a just world, we'd have room for everybody, and when I say everybody, I mean everybody. Of all races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, genders or gender identities, religions, creeds, etc. There would be room for all of them, both old and new, and while I am as sad and disappointed and angry about Bruce Banner's death as anybody else here, using that as a platform to attack Marvel's attempts at increasing racial, gender, and cultural diversity in mainstream superhero comics is just disgraceful and pathetically small-minded. If there's anything to be attacked, it should be absolutely poor writing relying more on shock value and buzz generation than on telling a good story that respects all the characters involved, both old favorites and standard-bearers and new hopefuls and contenders.

I would also mention that contrary to what some people seem to think, DC hasn't gotten rid of its more diverse legacy characters at all; unlike what seems to be going on at Marvel, DC has realized that its universe is big enough for both the old legends and the newcomers to stand together and share the established heroic mantles. Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz are the primary Green Lanterns of Earth while Hal Jordan is rebuilding the Green Lantern Corps in the universe and fighting against Sinestro and his Corps. Pre-Flashpoint Wally West is back and co-leading the Titans with Nightwing, but New 52 Wally/Wallace will still be around as the new Kid Flash in the upcoming Teen Titans Rebirth. Jaime Reyes is the Blue Beetle again, while Ted Kord acts as his mentor. Garth and Jackson Hyde both exist as Aqualad according to DC Rebirth, Garth primarily appearing in Titans Rebirth while Jackson may probably appear in the Aquaman comics.

In a nutshell, increased racial, social, and cultural diversity in mainstream superhero comics can be and has been handled poorly, but that doesn't make it a bad thing and it doesn't have to come at the expense of either the characters longtime fans like us have known and loved, or the characters that could pull a new generation of fans into comics readership. DC seems to have a better grasp of that than Marvel at present, and I hope Marvel is able to recognize that in time and nurture the newcomers' potential greatness while maintaining the greatness of the classic characters that have proven themselves time and again.
    The spider is always on the hunt.