Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    The really rabid fans still aren't happy.
    You are correct Sir!!!
    Your always going to have those folks though. They have played the part of the DOG IN THE MANGER for so long now, that I never entertained the thought that they would give it up.
    For the most part folks just want their hero back and I for one do not blame them. I want Rich back too, for my own reasons. If some growl (some foam at the mouth ) at
    my enjoyment and cheering of Nova (Sam) on the forums... oh well. But a lot of Nova Prime (Rich) folks have been VERY nice... I received some very cool PM's from Rich folks on the Marvel Heroes forums!!!
    But some of the things I've read of late (DOG IN THE MANGER faction) is pretty funny though, but not as they in intended it.

I wrote a lot more... a WHOLE lot more, but whats the point... a good laugh? Maybe

Maybe I will PM you Negative Zone with a few things, I found to be funny. Then again it could be viewed as very sad too, if looked at a different way.

thedoginmanger.jpg

But enough with the naysayers this is a HAPPY TIME for a LARGE PART of Nova fandom and... CHAMPIONS comes out tomorrow!!!

I think and hope HAPPY TIMES are ahead for both sides of this fandom... I hope for ONE BIG NOVA Fandom.
    Endeavor to persevere.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by Vak View Post
    You are correct Sir!!!
    Your always going to have those folks though. They have played the part of the DOG IN THE MANGER for so long now, that I never entertained the thought that they would give it up.
    For the most part folks just want their hero back and I for one do not blame them. I want Rich back too, for my own reasons. If some growl (some foam at the mouth ) at
    my enjoyment and cheering of Nova (Sam) on the forums... oh well. But a lot of Nova Prime (Rich) folks have been VERY nice... I received some very cool PM's from Rich folks on the Marvel Heroes forums!!!
    But some of the things I've read of late (DOG IN THE MANGER faction) is pretty funny though, but not as they in intended it.

I wrote a lot more... a WHOLE lot more, but whats the point... a good laugh? Maybe

Maybe I will PM you Negative Zone with a few things, I found to be funny. Then again it could be viewed as very sad too, if looked at a different way.

But enough with the naysayers this is a HAPPY TIME for a LARGE PART of Nova fandom and... CHAMPIONS comes out tomorrow!!!

I think and hope HAPPY TIMES are ahead for both sides of this fandom... I hope for ONE BIG NOVA Fandom.
    Naysayers is too nice.
    I'm kind of worried their continued harassment will get Rider killed. We're a small fandom, if Marvel were to dump on or cancel Nova I doubt they would suffer any loss. I'd like a big happy Nova fandom too but it's hard when a certain group a Rider fans give us a bad name. Even though Rider and Sam are some of my favorite Marvel characters imo this might be the Novas' last chance. Rider has had several chances(he never even made it to a 100 issues without the help of Sam.) with books throughout the years and Sam has had two and he's been pushed by Marvel to help him succeed. I doubt Marvel sees either of them as successes, bringing back Rider and having a Novas book supports my theory. It seems to suggest that this is a last ditch to make Nova sell.
    And sure go ahead and PM.

Fantastic Member 50yearoldNovafan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Well before we jump to conclusions, lets remember that Sam has a black helmet which has been designed to bypass normal Nova safeguards. I agree its as if they forgot how a Nova was made in the first place (and go back to the What If Nova was Someone Else? to see how it can get in the wrong hands), because the helmet was part of the uniform not the source of the power.
    You are correct. But when Richard was explaining how the Nova Force is transferred to the corpsmen, he said the helmet is the conduit to which the power is transferred to them. I read it as if he was saying that is how the power is transferred to all corpsmen. Of course I could be wrong. But if I am not, I am sure all of the writers know how Richard and the original corpsmen received their powers. If that is the case, then they are continuing with the helmet as conduit for a reason, I think.