Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fantastic Member 50yearoldNovafan's Avatar

Default Nova #11 Spoilers

Okay, I just read the last two issues of Nova (#10 and 11). Richard Rider has been trapped inside the Worldmind, inside the pocket universe. Richard mentions he sacrificed himself to that condition to keep Thanos from escaping. I really liked that these two issues showed Richard's memories, including Richard destroying Annihilus, Richard and Starlord fighting Thanos, Queen Adora, Xandar, and images from Richard's older series. It was nice to see these things were not forgotten.

It appears the Worldmind is keeping Richard trapped, because it is usurping control. The only reason Richard came out is because when Sam mentioned Sam's mother, Richard thought of his own mother. So Richard forced himself to the forefront and the Worldmind image changed from something more robotic to more human.

Richard mentioned he was trapped forever but said he would do it all over again. But then, you see him go home.

Look, I liked it. And I am hopeful.

Fantastic Member

I took the pocket dimension comment to be referring to the Cancerverse.

I think it's an interesting expansion on what Abnett did in the beginning in that once Richard was the only one using the Worldmind and now he's actually gone a step further and become one with Worldmind, which seems like it could have some interesting conflict for Rich given that he might not be 100% in control.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Now All (maybe not all, but some anyway ) of Nova fandom can rejoice. Soon Nova (Sam) and the BIG guy himself NOVA PRIME (Rich) will set things right in the Marvel Cosmic Universe!!!

Just before that last page we had this to read:
    " ... I can't quite tell you what's going to happen just yet, but suffice it to say that the final page of the comic book you hold in your hand, RIGHT AT THIS EXACT MINUTE, is itself a clue to the future of the Marvel Universe and Sam's place in it.
    And if you want to see how it all starts, all you have to do is turn the page..."
    then I turned that page!!!

Though am a REALLY BIG SAM Fan am VERY HAPPY to see NOVA PRIME back!!!

47a381a54e501201e54448abf30b7f82.jpg
    Endeavor to persevere.

I quite liked it. Especially the moment where spoilers:
    Rich telling sam that being a superhero is hard but not miserable. And then he goes to tell his friends.
    end of spoilers

It brought a smile to my face and restored my fate in the series. Though I did wish the Dad plot was put to rest before the end.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Niffleheim

Well i found this current run depressing and that was all due to Sean Ryan's writing however i'm looking forward to Jeff Loveless. I loved LOVED his Inhuman Error special -- the guy knew how to write a funny and entertaining Spider-Man.

Beautiful cover, beautiful story, and now we've got Richard Rider back again, in that epilogue on the last page. This is the best story of Sam Alexander I've read, because it tells us what the helmets are, and the Worldmind dredged up Richard Rider from wherever he is and landed him back on Earth. It also looks like Sam was called back for the fight in CWII #5 at the end there. I liked that Richard gave Sam a tracker for his mum to know where he was, and, that Richard said he didn't have to lie to his friends anymore about being Nova. Very empowering things for a teenaged kid. This was one of the most satisfying reads from Marvel on the subject of the Nova. Now we have all the Nova mystery revealed, and set in motion the return of Richard Rider. Long time coming, so let's celebrate AT LAST, HE'S BACK!!!!!!
    Last edited by jackolover; 09-29-2016 at 04:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I think it's an interesting expansion on what Abnett did in the beginning in that once Richard was the only one using the Worldmind and now he's actually gone a step further and become one with Worldmind, which seems like it could have some interesting conflict for Rich given that he might not be 100% in control.
    I always liked that Richard was "not being in control" aspect of when Richard had the whole Worldmind. The way Worldmind kept at Richard the whole time. If you're right, Worldmind will inflict its agenda on Richard like it did before. Looking forward to seeing where this will go.
    Last edited by jackolover; 09-29-2016 at 04:46 AM.

Watch out spider man, with all these richard fans out there, we got a new marvel king.

....right?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I always liked that Richard was "not being in control" aspect of when Richard had the whole Worldmind. The way Worldmind kept at Richard the whole time. If you're right, Worldmind will inflict its agenda on Richard like it did before. Looking forward to seeing where this will go.
    Too me, this seemed right on track with how the Worldmind was always trying to protect itself (and the Xandarian culture) no matter what the cost, in Nova, volume 4 (the final Rider series). The Worldmind, in my opinion, loves Richard too. By taking control and supplanting Richard, he kept Rich from getting himself and destroying Xandar's history. This made sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vak View Post
    Now All (maybe not all, but some anyway ) of Nova fandom can rejoice. Soon Nova (Sam) and the BIG guy himself NOVA PRIME (Rich) will set things right in the Marvel Cosmic Universe!!!

Just before that last page we had this to read:
    " ... I can't quite tell you what's going to happen just yet, but suffice it to say that the final page of the comic book you hold in your hand, RIGHT AT THIS EXACT MINUTE, is itself a clue to the future of the Marvel Universe and Sam's place in it.
    And if you want to see how it all starts, all you have to do is turn the page..."
    then I turned that page!!!

Though am a REALLY BIG SAM Fan am VERY HAPPY to see NOVA PRIME back!!!

47a381a54e501201e54448abf30b7f82.jpg
    I agree. I am happier about Nova, going forward, than I have been in a long while.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Watch out spider man, with all these richard fans out there, we got a new marvel king.

....right?
    Totally! Rider is going to save us from Civil War II, reform Hydra Cap, and #givebackthshield. He is going to make Marvel great again!
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

I wrote the following in response to concerns about Rich allowing a child to continue as a corpsman, as opposed to him being a bit upset about it:

I had no problem with Richard acknowledging Sam as a corpsman. By this time Rich has worked with or knew many child heroes. Sam may also remind Rich of the mistakes he made in series #1, and how reckless Rich was, periodically. I had no problem with this.

I, too, thought it was funny they continue to push the "power in the helmet" line. They are doing the "who ever holds this hammer yields the power of Thor" type of story. So, the question is, will this lead to the found helmets being disseminated to others, to help build a corps?

And, does Rich still have power in his body, or, will he have to where the helmet if he is to become Nova again. We all know that Richard's body has been fundamentally changed and cannot survive without the Nova Force. Has the Worldmind granted him just a spark so that he can continue to live. Or will the next writer forget/overlook that fact.

Amazing Member

Just read the issue and I am very happy that Richard has (seemingly) returned. I assume it will be a struggle as Rich has to contend with the Worldmind's influence and agenda at times but, as long as they do not turn Rich into a villain or drive him completely insane, it should be a fun ride.

I still cannot believe it has taken this long for Rich to return but maybe Marvel has finally realized that there is plenty of room for multiple Nova's and Marvel cosmic done right will sell? I sure hope so. There is absolutely no reason that Sam cannot be stationed on Earth in the Champions, to appeal to a younger audience and add some comedy, while Rich contends with a different type of darker, more complicated and militant evil across the universe while trying to rebuild the Nova Corps.

And speaking of rebuilding the Nova Corps, I hope Rich's first recruit is Wendell 'Elvis' Vaughn, since Marvel felt the need to strip him of his Quantum Bands in what was a completely moronic storyline, with little reasoning for doing so other than to push a new character at the expense of an existing one with a lot of history. Give Wendell some of the Nova Force, an amalgamation of Nova/Quasar costumes, and let him return to being a hero, not just an adviser to the new "Quasar" on the sidelines.

Quasar should be a natural fit in the Nova Corps and I hope he even retains some of his original abilities given his many years as Quasar. He should be able to wield most energies given his exposure to the Quantum Bands, Starbrand, etc. Let's finally see a strong and disciplined Nova Corps that can actually protect the universe and not be run over by the next cosmic villain, just to show that they are a threat.

Again, super excited that Rich is back, now let's do it right Marvel and continue to expand with well-written cosmic stories! There are lots of great characters that can be recruited into the Nova Corps. Heck, I would love to see Reed and Sue Richards and the kids in the Future Foundation brought into the fold as part of the corps, either using the Nova Force or just adding intelligence and scientific expertise to a large cast of diverse characters.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by danteipp View Post
    Just read the issue and I am very happy that Richard has (seemingly) returned. I assume it will be a struggle as Rich has to contend with the Worldmind's influence and agenda at times but, as long as they do not turn Rich into a villain or drive him completely insane, it should be a fun ride.
    Well, the readers will find out in November.

Interesting enough, you've brought out two very good points that've caught my attention.....

And speaking of rebuilding the Nova Corps, I hope Rich's first recruit is Wendell 'Elvis' Vaughn, since Marvel felt the need to strip him of his Quantum Bands in what was a completely moronic storyline, with little reasoning for doing so other than to push a new character at the expense of an existing one with a lot of history. Give Wendell some of the Nova Force, an amalgamation of Nova/Quasar costumes, and let him return to being a hero, not just an adviser to the new "Quasar" on the sidelines.

Quasar should be a natural fit in the Nova Corps and I hope he even retains some of his original abilities given his many years as Quasar. He should be able to wield most energies given his exposure to the Quantum Bands, Starbrand, etc. Let's finally see a strong and disciplined Nova Corps that can actually protect the universe and not be run over by the next cosmic villain, just to show that they are a threat.
    ........There are lots of great characters that can be recruited into the Nova Corps. Heck, I would love to see Reed and Sue Richards and the kids in the Future Foundation brought into the fold as part of the corps, either using the Nova Force or just adding intelligence and scientific expertise to a large cast of diverse characters.
    Depending upon who is writing the Upcoming NOVA Series.....having the former Quasar would be a good possibility, depending upon whether or not Wendall wishes to move on after training the "newest" Quasar...

Also, I like the idea of Richard meeting with Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman & the F(uture) F(oundation); since he has such great connections with Reed, Susan & Alex Power (Power Pack, New Warriors), in addition for Richard reuniting with the NW {hopefully}.

Anyway, an excellent ending for this series.....and looking forward to the next chapter for Sam's adventures (besides the CHAMPIONS Ongoing Series).