Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Like everyone else, I'm very excited to have Rich back. Yet, I still have so many concerns and worries about the exact details of his return.

However, after reading this thread, I think I'm going to go with the positive flow and hope for the best!

Quote Originally Posted by 50yearoldNovafan View Post

And, does Rich still have power in his body, or, will he have to where the helmet if he is to become Nova again. We all know that Richard's body has been fundamentally changed and cannot survive without the Nova Force. Has the Worldmind granted him just a spark so that he can continue to live. Or will the next writer forget/overlook that fact.
    We all know that, but previous writers seem not care about continuity, so it wouldnt surprise me if it was ignored.

Does the issue explain how Rich died in a universe where death didn't exist (even though at the end of the Thanos Imperative death was rampaging through cancerverse).

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    We all know that, but previous writers seem not care about continuity, so it wouldnt surprise me if it was ignored.

Does the issue explain how Rich died in a universe where death didn't exist (even though at the end of the Thanos Imperative death was rampaging through cancerverse).
    It does. After freeing Star-Lord, Drax and (Rich still doesn't know this yet) Thanos from the Cancerverse, he got trapped in a pocket universe with Worldmind. We don't know for sure whether he died when this happened and his consciousness was downloaded into Worldmind or not yet. But it seems like the two definitely merged and are at odds with who's in control. The ending of the story would lead us to believe that Rich's physical body didn't die and he regenerated his lost limb (like he did once before during Annihilation), but there may be more to it than just that. It could be a doppelgänger, an android replacement or anything else posing as Rich. It's been done before. But the answer to your question is if Rich died, then it was allowed because after he freed the others from the Cancerverse, he never returned to it, which would've allowed it to have happened.

The two issues answered some questions, but raised a whole lot of others. We'll have to wait a few months until we get more answers!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Now we have all the Nova mystery revealed
    All but Sam's dad's actual whereabouts, at least.

He's probably still captive somewhere. That clone had to come from somewhere.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I know we all laugh about it, but if this return actually turned out to be a fake out - I really think people would be so angry it would kill Sam Alexander dead as a solo star.

I'm going in to this hoping it's actually Rich and that Marvel listened to fans who wanted Rich back
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Fantastic Member 50yearoldNovafan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I know we all laugh about it, but if this return actually turned out to be a fake out - I really think people would be so angry it would kill Sam Alexander dead as a solo star.

I'm going in to this hoping it's actually Rich and that Marvel listened to fans who wanted Rich back
    I would hope Marvel is not that stupid. I am banking on Marvel being smart, banking on possibly almost doubling their money by joining two different Nova fan bases.

Spectacular Member

That is the hope. Uniting the fanbases should be easy as the Nova concept lends itself to their being more than one.

On top of that Marvel's recent formula of two Caps, Hawkeyes and Thors show they are willing. To pull a fake out would be cruel. Plus the success of Green Lantern Rebirth is the lesson to learn here.
    Have you pre-ordered Nova yet? I have.

Incredible Member

I would hope Marvel is not that stupid. I am banking on Marvel being smart, banking on possibly almost doubling their money by joining two different Nova fan bases.
    I'm hopeful for Marvel to be smart too, it would be nice (I'm cautiously optimistic for the next volume of Nova).

I have to say, I came on to post about the last issue and how much I thought It resolved, I thought I would have to defend it and I'm pleasantly surprised that I didn't.

Cheers.

James.

Wonder why world mind is wearing the black helmet. Would have thought it would be wearing gold. Not that it really matters I guess.

Not keen on the Nova force powering the helmets. The Nova force has always been inside the Nova's, not in their helmets (black Nova's aside).

Fantastic Member 50yearoldNovafan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Wonder why world mind is wearing the black helmet. Would have thought it would be wearing gold. Not that it really matters I guess.

Not keen on the Nova force powering the helmets. The Nova force has always been inside the Nova's, not in their helmets (black Nova's aside).
    Agreed. I guess Marvel is doing the Thor, whoever holds the hammer... Not a fan of that. We saw Sam lose the helmet and lose the power, while in flight. Makes me wonder if their is a plan to just place the found helmets on others and see what happens.

Wouldn't be surprised. Including the 616 version of that family from the Secret Wars Infinity Gauntlet series.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post

I'm wondering what point was Sam Alexander? We have had so many legacy characters appear pre-Secret Wars and post as well, some of them have been interesting, but some, like Sam, if Rich Rider was there, would be redundant, because Sam's story is basically another Starlord kid, whose father is a spacefaring duche bag like Starlords dad. And Sam is also like Miles Morales' story as well now that I think about it.

But if Sam is some wider context project by Marvel to do a restart of Marvel of the order of the Fantastic Four and the MARVELS, then I suppose it is significant to have this newer Nova. But Marvel will have to start getting that relaunch of the MARVELS FRESH going in a major Event to stamp the FRESHIES as the on-going versions. Otherwise, I don't know why would you overload the MU with so much detritus? You'd have to have another House of M type Event just to prune down the crush of what's going on right now. It's as bad as the mutants were 10 years ago.
    Last edited by jackolover; 10-03-2016 at 08:24 PM.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Watch out spider man, with all these richard fans out there, we got a new marvel king.

....right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavric1919 View Post
    Totally! Rider is going to save us from Civil War II, reform Hydra Cap, and #givebackthshield. He is going to make Marvel great again!
    The really rabid fans still aren't happy.

Mighty Member

Agreed. I guess Marvel is doing the Thor, whoever holds the hammer... Not a fan of that. We saw Sam lose the helmet and lose the power, while in flight. Makes me wonder if their is a plan to just place the found helmets on others and see what happens.
    Well before we jump to conclusions, lets remember that Sam has a black helmet which has been designed to bypass normal Nova safeguards. I agree its as if they forgot how a Nova was made in the first place (and go back to the What If Nova was Someone Else? to see how it can get in the wrong hands), because the helmet was part of the uniform not the source of the power.