Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    It is the "Ultimate Spider-Man" cartoon, pal; not "Spider-Man Unlimited".

Anyway, this Wolf Spider is really an interesting character with a lot of potential as a villain. If fact, I have made a few investigations and I believe we haven't seen the last of him. Let me explain what I mean, trying to avoid spoilers from the series:

+ Wolf Spider was defeated in a very similar way that Baron Mordo in "Miles From Home", when the DemoGoblin blasted him into pieces with the Siege Perilous. It was confirmed, however, that Baron Mordo will return in the next episode of the series, a Halloween special. (According to some descriptions, it seems what the Goblin did to him caused him to be sent to the Microverse somehow). So, if Baron Mordo is going to return, that means Wolf Spider could too.
    + Stephen Wacker mentioned the possibility of using the Superior Spider-Man in the cartoon, but he's tired of mind switch's stories, so it wouldn't follow the same story from the comics. (Which I'm really glad to hear, because I hate what that story caused in the comics for Spidey's world). I believe, however, that Wolf Spider could return in the future as an animated counterpart of "Superior Spider-Man". I think it matchs perfectly for the role. Just think about it, Wolf Spider used his spider-legs to move just like Doc Ock does with his tentacles. What a coincidence, huh?
    + Mr Wacker said the possibility of adapting the story of Spider-Island to the cartoon, and I really hope to see it. As far as I see, if a new season of the series is made (which I hope), the theme of the season could be "Spider Island"; and Wolf Spider could be the perfect main villain of the story. Better than the Green Goblin, Venom or Doc Ock together, Spider-Man's greatest enemy is clearly... Himself!!! And he could be not alone in this. Do you remember the Carnage Queen? I think she could return in the future, evolving into something like the Spider Queen, and without MJ as its host. I'm really terrified by this possibility.

Well, what do you think of this?
    I think it would be interesting, and considering that the first three seasons of Ultimate Spider-Man each featured a mind-switch episode --- season 1 with Wolverine, loosely adapting Brian Bendis's Ultimate Spider-Man two-part comic arc, season 2 with the Hulk, which might have been responsible for the Hulk's increased intelligence and lucidity in Avengers Assemble, and season 3 with Loki --- I could see how Wacker would get tired of that trope. Would definitely be looking forward to an adaptation of Spider-Island, especially if it incorporates other spider-powered heroes like Anya Corazon/Arana/Spider-Girl, Mattie Franklin, Cindy Moon/Silk, and so on.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I think it would be interesting, and considering that the first three seasons of Ultimate Spider-Man each featured a mind-switch episode --- season 1 with Wolverine, loosely adapting Brian Bendis's Ultimate Spider-Man two-part comic arc, season 2 with the Hulk, which might have been responsible for the Hulk's increased intelligence and lucidity in Avengers Assemble, and season 3 with Loki --- I could see how Wacker would get tired of that trope. Would definitely be looking forward to an adaptation of Spider-Island, especially if it incorporates other spider-powered heroes like Anya Corazon/Arana/Spider-Girl, Mattie Franklin, Cindy Moon/Silk, and so on.
    Will this show ever hit the ceiling on the number of Spider-themed heroes they can throw in it ?

I kinda miss when a Spider-Man show was about Spider-Man and his personal life/supporting cast, not introducing hero after hero for him to team-up with or lead in a team. Especially when they all generally have the same powerset as him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Will this show ever hit the ceiling on the number of Spider-themed heroes they can throw in it ?

I kinda miss when a Spider-Man show was about Spider-Man and his personal life/supporting cast, not introducing hero after hero for him to team-up with or lead in a team. Especially when they all generally have the same powerset as him.
    Hey, I like Spider-Man's personal world, but after years of self-culpriting speeches where he blames everything wrong in the world on himself and he obsess himself with doing everything by himself, I think a world where Spider-Man can actually make a difference in this big world through interaction wit other heroes is quite refreshing.

About the number of Spider-themed heroes, I believe the limit for a team of Spider would be eight. You know, like the legs of a spider. And even so, who say it can be other spiders in other places of the world, just like Steel Spider in Boston?

All the other Spiders have basically the same powerset as him, but each one of them have something different too. Also, this is because it represents Spider-Man is the one true and first spider. His influence in the world is what caused the other ones to appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Hey, I like Spider-Man's personal world, but after years of self-culpriting speeches where he blames everything wrong in the world on himself and he obsess himself with doing everything by himself, I think a world where Spider-Man can actually make a difference in this big world through interaction wit other heroes is quite refreshing.

About the number of Spider-themed heroes, I believe the limit for a team of Spider would be eight. You know, like the legs of a spider. And even so, who say it can be other spiders in other places of the world, just like Steel Spider in Boston?

All the other Spiders have basically the same powerset as him, but each one of them have something different too. Also, this is because it represents Spider-Man is the one true and first spider. His influence in the world is what caused the other ones to appear.
    Peter's personal life is an integral part of the Spider-Man mythos, so de-emphazizing it and barely focusing on it compared to his Superhero side feels off, and he doesn't need to be all "it's all my fault" for that focus to still be there. But there being consequences to Peter being Spider-Man and his choice to do so is also an integral part of the mythos.

Spidey works best as a street-level, solo, hero and he's able to make a difference plenty without needing to get involved in leading multiple teams or the other wacky hijinks the cartoon has had him involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    The name is simply referring to the Wolf Spider, a member of the spider kingdom known for its solitary nature and hunting skills. I don't think most people would think it's something dopey like a werewolf.
    These are comic books.

If I found out a new Spidey comic had someone or something called "Wolf Spider," I would totally assume Peter got bit by a werewolf or something.

-Pav, who doesn't mind the obvious...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    These are comic books.

If I found out a new Spidey comic had someone or something called "Wolf Spider," I would totally assume Peter got bit by a werewolf or something.

Then he could team up with Cap-Wolf.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    These are comic books.

To be fair, neither idea is inherently worse.

Covers with Spider-Man VS someone with his abilities would help sell what the story is about.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets