Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

I'm sorry, but the bigotry allegory part of the X-men in the larger Marvel universe doesn't work well, especially when compared to real life examples. In a lot of parts in the USA a lot of people cannot distinguish between muslims and hindus, for example. How would it be more aceptable to gain powers from a giant cloud and emerge from a cocoon? In fact Inhumans should be met with even more mistrust and bigotry, seeing as they become truly alien in nature unlike mutants.
    Last edited by Technopriest; 09-29-2016 at 11:09 AM.

And about Siryn, when has a little thing like continuity ever stopped new Marvel xD? Guido was there for crying out loud, and last time we saw him he was souless and in hell. What makes you think they wouldn't ignore or quickly explain away if she is just a mutant again?
    Last edited by Technopriest; 09-30-2016 at 08:55 AM.

BANNED

So the bog Cyclops villainous act happens in this stuff right? I only care to know how Rogue and Magneto are involved.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Considering the fact that Inhumans aren't particularly concerned about mutant deaths in the present as we go into IvX, I don't think their attitude 8 months ago in DoX is going to be particularly different.
    I suspect their attitude in Death of X is going to be one of surprise more than anything.

I'd argue their current attitude is a more subtle problem. It's the armchair sympathy. People that care, but only to the extent of expressing sympathy. Basically, the idea of "I agree with you, but that's too far." They absolutely don't hate Mutants and they are working to help fix the problem in the sense that they're funding Beast, but that's the extent of what they want to do. The obvious solution is viewed as off limits.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Seeing as how the inhumans witnessed the terrigen mists having negative effects on people during Son of M, it's pretty shocking that they somehow thought this time would be any different.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

All the Inhuman characters were so... happy and smiley faced. It was kind of creepy.

This can go a few ways. We already know after this point, Medusa refuses the help stop the cloud if it means destroying it. If this was an option the other super teams would have made a move by now. So we'll scratch that as the reason behind the initial conflict... The only other reason I can say why Cyclops would go to war is because he and company have the intention of destroying the cloud, thus the Inhuman's acted. But again, if there was a way to get rid of the cloud by way of destroying it, it should have been done by now. If Cyclops was trying to do this, I can see him drawing ire of Storm if she was trying to compromise with Medusa, but thats not the case. It cant be, because they've been blaming Cyclops and branding him a monster for an entire year. I really do wonder what he did to have the blame dumped on him... I just hope it isnt drawn out over the span of another six months... For making us wait this long... I dont care what Marvel tells us, they just figured this out during the last few months. It better be worth it.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 09-29-2016 at 06:13 PM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

Emma with Cyclops, Goldballs for some reason, Inhumans, shock value deaths of fan favorite X-Men characters.

After seeing the preview I've realized this isn't going to be interesting.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Im looking forward to this. Mainly to end the flashback speculation. Ill see if ill like it. As long as cyclips reason is good then yay.

One In An Infinity amoretpax199's Avatar

Can't wait.

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Seeing as how the inhumans witnessed the terrigen mists having negative effects on people during Son of M, it's pretty shocking that they somehow thought this time would be any different.
    "This time... will be different!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TMOMTtAMBI

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Rachel shows up on a cover!

...Where Cyclops is surrounded by dead X-Men.

Hopefully that isn't her only appearance.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I see many dead x-Men on that cover but no Rachel....
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I see many dead x-Men on that cover but no Rachel....
    She's right up front, the one with the spike on her shoulderpad and her leg bent.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Does anyone else get Fall of the Mutants vibes with the dead X-Men on the ground? Maybe it was the ads for the event not the covers, though, can't recall.

BTW, I'm trying to get a variant cover for Death of X #2 and can't seem to find it available on Midtown Comics. Any idea where it can be found?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Does anyone else get Fall of the Mutants vibes with the dead X-Men on the ground? Maybe it was the ads for the event not the covers, though, can't recall.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'