Spectacular Member

Default Is the Comic Reel gone everywhere?

The CBR archive shows the last one published on 6/20. I tried Googling to see if it was elsewhere and didn't find anything. There should have been enough appropriate news for a new one since then. I'm not setting up a rant here, just yes or no so I know to quit looking.

EDIT: Actually, I was misreading the small gray text, the sixes are eights. The last one was 8/20. Maybe Anthony Couto took a long vacation/break. Still, that's over a month ago.

If it is gone from everywhere, anybody know of a suitable replacement for it? For the longest time I never went to it (at CBR) because usually the teaser on the front page was for a movie or TV series. I was thinking that it was a replacement for a previous blog (for get it's name) that only reported news on films and series. When I decided to check out Comic Book Reel, I liked how it was for everything comics. I will miss it very much if it truly no longer on the net.
    Last edited by Filament; 10-01-2016 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Filament View Post
    The CBR archive shows the last one published on 6/20. I tried Googling to see if it was elsewhere and didn't find anything. There should have been enough appropriate news for a new one since then. I'm not setting up a rant here, just yes or no so I know to quit looking.

EDIT: Actually, I was misreading the small gray text, the sixes are eights. The last one was 8/20. Maybe Anthony Couto took a long vacation/break. Still, that's over a month ago.

If it is gone from everywhere, anybody know of a suitable replacement for it? For the longest time I never went to it (at CBR) because usually the teaser on the front page was for a movie or TV series. I was thinking that it was a replacement for a previous blog (for get it's name) that only reported news on films and series. When I decided to check out Comic Book Reel, I liked how it was for everything comics. I will miss it very much if it truly no longer on the net.
    It's easier to list what hasn't gone. Basically, all of the blogs are gone, apart from Brian Cronin's stuff. Everything now is pretty much what you got on the old news page, plus a lot of pointless click-bait articles and number themed stuff (Top 15 left handed supporting characters named Fred-style articles). The forums are about all that's left, for now.

Spectacular Member

I wonder if the expense of having one rose in some way and that's why they are disappearing from the web. It's not only the ones that would also post their articles at CBR. It would be something like when server space costs sharply rose in the 90's.