Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

This is ok I guess, but I preferred it when she was exploring her bisexuality with Cluster.

Ultimate Member

I don't think that there's really anything for her to explore given that there was nothing of it before Humphries and Cluster showed up and Betsy hasn't had one though about another woman since, it's basically one of those things that are best just forgotten about and moved on from.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I don't think that there's really anything for her to explore given that there was nothing of it before Humphries and Cluster showed up and Betsy hasn't had one though about another woman since, it's basically one of those things that are best just forgotten about and moved on from.
    I don't think so. I liked Cluster and to be honest Betsy and Warren were fun in the 90's. Them continuing something that has been over for nearly 20 years feels really dated. Why do you like them. You have been a fan for a really long time. From what I gather you are like the only hardcore fan of couples from the 90's.

o

I loved Warren and Paige. What a romance. Betsy was best with Neal.

Ultimate Member

Warren and Paige was Austen's messed up idea and ended pretty much the second that he left the book, Neal and Betsy only happened because iirc CC left Uncanny and started writing X-treme X-men, otherwise Neal and Betsy would never have happened, with him only flirting with her for a bit before she would have set him straight and she and Warren would have stayed together for a good long haul even though CC didn't like the pairing...and no that's not my idea Claremont admitted to that way back when.

I've mentioned before why I like them but it's their history, how they play off of each other, the fact that they actually do care and love each other, their shared outlooks on things, they look great together...all for starters.

I don't think that Cluster has really been mentioned since Humphries run, or if so only in passing and I don't expect Betsy to have any interest as I don't see her as gay or bi.

As for being over, no real relationship in comics is ever truly over, and last I checked they've been together a time or two in the last 20 years, so I don't see the pairing as dated, not nearly as much anyway as Scott/Jean.

I know this is a Psylocke/Angel thread. Obviously, I'm a fan of them too. But when people prefer other couples... Psylocke/Neal, Psylocke/Cluster, Warren/Paige... Logan, I don't think it's appropriate for you to insinuate that other people's opinions are less valid.

So what if CC left and Psylocke and Neal got together? If CC stayed, maybe it wouldn't have happened. But it did, and you can't deny that the relationship was any less real because someone else wrote the story. I will admit that I think of the Psylocke/Neal relationship as a fling rather than anything serious, but I fully acknowledge it as part of Psylocke's history. Please stop downplaying other people's opinions just because you didn't like the writer.

After all...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    As for being over, no real relationship in comics is ever truly over, and last I checked they've been together a time or two in the last 20 years, so I don't see the pairing as dated, not nearly as much anyway as Scott/Jean.
    By that logic, Psylocke/Neal, Psylocke/Cluster are very possible in the future as well.

Ultimate Member

I'm not dismissing or denying anything, Claremont himself admitted in interviews that he had never intended anything romantic to happen between Betsy and Neal, Neal would have flirted with her and she would have then told him that she was taken or something to that end and it would have ended there, then he left iirc Uncanny and took Neal and Betsy to start X-treme X-men so he had to quickly break up Betsy and Warren. So Claremont paired Betsy with Neal, before in the end admitting that Neal was a total failure of a character. I'm not saying opinions are less valid only that I believe that people should know the truth about those pairings before they try to state what they were supposed to be, Betsy/Neal was as originally intended as Cordelia/Conner on Angel years ago.

By no relationship being over by that I mean that no relationship of any merit is every truly over, Neal and Cluster are characters that have already pretty much been totally forgotten about.

Getting back to Warren/Betsy, still looking for some more good images of the two together.

Ultimate Member

Would it work for the next X-movie if Warren was already Archangel in the service of Apocalypse and Betsy would be the one to snap him out of it, they could use a history between the two to do it, it'd give Betsy a chance to show how good of a fighter she is as well as a capable user of her powers and more...

ArchAngel Copics by Sajad126

Ultimate Member

Good pic of Warren, here's hoping that the "real" Warren comes back soon and he and Betsy can have a nice long talk before they restart their relationship sometime later...

Ultimate Member

Nice art of the two of them, makes me wish that they had been the pair to get married instead of Scott/Jean...they'd have the most beautiful X-kids imho...

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

I know this is a Warren/Betsy thread and not the Warren Appreciation thread, but I still want to say how much I hate it when they put down his feathered wings or act like he doesn't have any powers. His feathered wings are cool and useful.

I love the Archangel personna too and I love it when he can change back and forth from Angel to Archangel, but sometimes I wish they would just give his feathered wings super strength and invulnerability and advance his healing abilities to a healing touch. This would put him on par with the other characters without having to replace his feathered wings with metal or light/fire energy.

I've always liked Warren and Betsy being together because they have their metamorphosis in common.

Ultimate Member

I've long liked the idea of most of the time that Warren has his feathered wings and can "power up" to the metal or energy wings however he can't keep those wings for long...I just hate that they're doing the dual personalities and all again, yeah he and Betsy have similar histories, many forget that Warren was the teams original action junkie, something that he and Betsy have in common...

Ultimate Member

Anybody else thinking that these two might just slip away together after Astonishing ends, after all neither seems to be taken for any of the upcoming books...