Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Just let them go to Vegas and get married. I'm sure it would be fine. Vegas is currently in some sort of hell, but that doesn't seem that much different than it normally does.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Anybody else thinking that these two might just slip away together after Astonishing ends, after all neither seems to be taken for any of the upcoming books...
    I'm still expecting a relaunch or perhaps just some roster shake-ups around May, once Astonishing is coming to a close and Red, Blue & Gold have dealt with their most prevalent story arcs. Whether or not those books come to an end remains to be seen, but I expect some big changes. I'd be very happy with Betsy & Warren in a renewed/revitalized Uncanny X-Men.

Ultimate Member

Yeah I guess it depends on when Astonishing wraps up, if it wraps up before then it wouldn't be strange to have the two take some time to relax, hopefully together, before the next roster shakeup...would love to see them together on a book, maybe finally have a meeting between Warren and his teen version with Betsy there, that could be fun...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Yeah I guess it depends on when Astonishing wraps up, if it wraps up before then it wouldn't be strange to have the two take some time to relax, hopefully together, before the next roster shakeup...would love to see them together on a book, maybe finally have a meeting between Warren and his teen version with Betsy there, that could be fun...
    I think Astonishing was originally said to be 12 issues? That'd give it until July I suppose, which is later than the rumored end of Blue & Gold in May. Who knows what's happening. Anyway, this stuff changes all the time. If it were up to me, I'd choose to have them be on a new Uncanny X-Men book alongside Jean, Kurt & Ororo. Some great friendships there.

Ultimate Member

Yeah it all depends then on when Astonishing takes place as it could all take place before that change for Blue and Gold and all, so with Marvel's funky timeline they could have months to have some fun together before moving to another book, hopefully together...

I must admit I *did* enjoy them together. A pairing that rang true and made sense with the things the characters shared in common beyond being part of the Mutant Community. Maybe not "Love of my Life" material but a reasonable realistic pairing...

Ultimate Member

I view them as being the love of each others life with no doubt in my mind and it's a great pic of their kiss in the sky after their date together where Betsy sang, they ran out on the check---well Warren owned the restaurant so..., and made fun of Scott and Jean a bit...

Extraordinary Member

But that's what I like about Betsy and Warren: They aren't perfect together, but they bring out the best in each other and feel like a normal couple who love and respect each other.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

There's a Rogue and gambit comic, when do we get a Warren and Betsy book ?
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Ultimate Member

I think that they're about as perfect for each other as an X-couple can get/is allowed to be, they're a better read together imho than Scott and Jean ever were, also always loved the issue of Uncanny right before Scott and Jean's wedding where they visit the Hellfire Club and Betsy teases Warren about the club and their interaction with Shinobi Shaw and his opinion of what was going on between W and B, not to mention it's forgotten what Sage did to them, something that Betsy in the caption boxes would describe as almost being raped if memory serves...

Who knows dare, maybe if they're not on a roster after Astonishing ends something like that could happen...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    There's a Rogue and gambit comic, when do we get a Warren and Betsy book?
    I know right. Various writers and such have said solo books don't really last anymore. Team-up books could very well become the new norm, drawing in fans of both characters. I would absolutely love a Psylocke & Angel title. I can imagine all the comic covers now. Gimme an Oliver Coipel cover PLEASE
    Angel.jpg
    Psylocke and the Angel.jpg

Ultimate Member

I'd love to see the Kubert art from the 90's draw this pair again, aside from them, J Scott Campbell, Churchill could draw them well...Marvel could start a number of mini series that contain one couple as the main stars on small missions like Rogue and Gambit are now, having W and B as the next ones if an ongoing wouldn't work...

BANNED

I really wish Marvel would collect the Crimson Dawn MS into a TP.

Ultimate Member

People, though mostly Marvel, keep seeming to forget that Warren gave up a piece of his soul and some years off of his life to save her at the end of that mini...if that doesn't show how much he loves her then nothing can...

All right, Archangel and Psylocke is still my all time favorite X pairing, but I think that they have become a little bit stale and now only drag each others stories down. All that we usually get any more is Psylocke having to help Warren control his death personality. There just doesn't seem to be anything left otherwise.

Now I know that these two still have supporters of these two remaining togather, some more than others.
    Would any one like to tell me why that I am wrong, and that these two should remain togather.