Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Although I don't care much for the pairing one pro about it could be that out of numerous couple they have been somewhat iconic.
    Part of it could be the imagery borrowed from Eros and Psyche personifying an aspect of love from Roman Mythology.
    There was also the fact that X-men was quite popular back in the 90's and due to it being an introduction for many Psylocke and Warren may be nostalgia googles for some.
    The fact that it was brought back in remenders UXF run could be seen as that but then again he brought a lot of 90's themes in his book with a modern twist.
    That is all I can honestly think about really since I believe it had a nice run but after that I don't mind them seeing other people.

For the imagery this is what I mean

I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    All right, Archangel and Psylocke is still my all time favorite X pairing, but I think that they have become a little bit stale and now only drag each others stories down. All that we usually get any more is Psylocke having to help Warren control his death personality. There just doesn't seem to be anything left otherwise.

Now I know that these two still have supporters of these two remaining togather, some more than others.
    Would any one like to tell me why that I am wrong, and that these two should remain togather.
    Well if you take the him needing her to keep himself in check part out of everything and just let them both be free together they could be great now, they're in the unique position that wherever Warren could/would go Betsy can/will go and vice versa, there's not much of a limit for the two as they'd have contacts and such all over the world and have a lot of possibilities as a pair with or without a big X-team to back them up...

It's up to the writers to not have them drag each other down, especially now after the mess that was supposed to be Kitty and Colossus' wedding, as for Remender well he just officially put them back together however there were signs before that...where one of Warren's turn ons was listed as Elizabeth Braddock...that was fun...so go into new territory with the two and have them have fun in how only they can, besides they could play up the social media side of things with how rich and good looking they are, you could bring up their business sides, their families, maybe Warren accompany Betsy to find out about Kwannon's history or to visit her family and niece and all for starters...

Visiting Kwannon's family togather might be interesting. Does she even have family? It might be interesting to see how they would react to loosing their daughter's body to a complete stranger and her rich boy friend.

But since their daughter was a villain what do you think that Kwannon's family would be like. Would they also be villains who tried to gain revenge on Psylocke.
    Last edited by Thievery; 06-20-2018 at 12:44 AM.

Ultimate Member

Well that's the thing, we don't know if Kwannon had any family or not so it'd be open to anything, and perhaps it could help show how Betsy feels about being English in an Asian body, maybe a Japanese branch of the Hellfire Club, W/B could tour the world, hit all of the hot spots and do the tourist thing by day while getting involved with baddies at night by stopping them from this or that crime, or try to stop some enemy that has bases all over the world, show the two away from the X-Men...and yeah Kwannon may have had old enemies that would want revenge, just think that it'd be fun to see the pair in different big cities around the world, like Betsy playing tour guide and such for Warren in London, them having fun in Paris, Berlin, Rome, Moscow, Rio, Beijing, Tokyo and the like...maybe some tropical destinations and such as well...fly in private jets probably and all...

And remember that really the only true blood relation that Warren has is nobody that he'd want to have anything to do with so his own view of family could be fertile ground to work with...
    Last edited by LoganAlpha30X33; 06-20-2018 at 02:12 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    Although I don't care much for the pairing one pro about it could be that out of numerous couple they have been somewhat iconic.
    Part of it could be the imagery borrowed from Eros and Psyche personifying an aspect of love from Roman Mythology.
    There was also the fact that X-men was quite popular back in the 90's and due to it being an introduction for many Psylocke and Warren may be nostalgia googles for some.
    The fact that it was brought back in remenders UXF run could be seen as that but then again he brought a lot of 90's themes in his book with a modern twist.
    That is all I can honestly think about really since I believe it had a nice run but after that I don't mind them seeing other people.

For the imagery this is what I mean
    I'm ashamed that I never stopped to think of them as Cupid & Psyche and it's one of my favorite myths and also one of my favorite statues.

Ultimate Member

Just wondering what everyone's favorite W/B moment is...not sure on mine...

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

All right, Archangel and Psylocke is still my all time favorite X pairing, but I think that they have become a little bit stale and now only drag each others stories down. All that we usually get any more is Psylocke having to help Warren control his death personality. There just doesn't seem to be anything left otherwise.

Now I know that these two still have supporters of these two remaining togather, some more than others.
    Would any one like to tell me why that I am wrong, and that these two should remain togather.
    That's the writers fault.

There is as much mileage left in their relationship as there is in any other - even moreso than Rogue & Gambit's, who have been played out since before Warren & Betsy even got together.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Ultimate Member

Well remember that in Astonishing they rehashed Warren getting control over his darker half...though nice moment where he saved Betsy from that vortex as it seemed like though she told him to stay away and that it was to dangerous she knew that he'd rescue her...

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I'm ashamed that I never stopped to think of them as Cupid & Psyche and it's one of my favorite myths and also one of my favorite statues.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I am completely astonished that no writer has abused this trope. This story has been retold numerous times you would think that someone is going to take advantage of it. The imagery is there, they could even tease it by recreating Psyche Revived by Cupid's Kiss on an actual cover or page. If they ever chose to re-do an x-men fairy tale or mythology series they need to retell this story in an x-men fashion.
    If they can retell Momotaro with Scott Summers they could the Psyche and Cupid with Psylocke and Angel. Honestly, it would be interesting to see him sneak around undetected while hitting people with arrows full of love and checking off various couples of a list.

Fairytale.jpg

I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    I am completely astonished that no writer has abused this trope. This story has been retold numerous times you would think that someone is going to take advantage of it. The imagery is there, they could even tease it by recreating Psyche Revived by Cupid's Kiss on an actual cover or page. If they ever chose to re-do an x-men fairy tale or mythology series they need to retell this story in an x-men fashion.
    If they can retell Momotaro with Scott Summers they could the Psyche and Cupid with Psylocke and Angel. Honestly, it would be interesting to see him sneak around undetected while hitting people with arrows full of love and checking off various couples of a list.
    The Avengers character codenamed Starfox's real name actually is Eros. He pretty much does the Cupid/Eros and Psyche story already. How would you make an Eros/Psyche story different from what Starfox does?

Ultimate Member

Another good moment for the pair was when rather than using a jetpack to get her to the shield Betsy had Warren carry her...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Just wondering what everyone's favorite W/B moment is...not sure on mine...
    I guess that my favorite moment between Angel and Psylocke was the conversation they had where they joked about how one of them was going to die and come back to life, and the other one would be revealed to be a time traveling uncle from the future. Or it was some thing like that. They were kind of making fun of the overcomplicated drama that X-Men relationships and stories usually ended up getting mucked up in. Or at least that's how it read to me.

Ultimate Member

Yeah that was the issue where they went out to eat at a restaurant, Betsy sang, and they then ran/flew out on the bill, though since Warren owned the restaurant it was okay, and then their kiss in the air after their almost vows to each other, also liked the issue before Scott and Jean's wedding with Betsy making a joke about why the Hellfire Club would want Warren...

The Avengers character codenamed Starfox's real name actually is Eros. He pretty much does the Cupid/Eros and Psyche story already. How would you make an Eros/Psyche story different from what Starfox does?
    Eros from Starfox is different from Greek and Roman Mythological equivalent (and that is not getting into the fact that he may exist in Hercule's Family Pantheon). Eros from Mythology is the god of desire and sexual attraction. Hence he is a threat to both mortals and gods due to having them form bonds of love which even the gods are not immune. Which Zeus took advantage of when cheating on Hera with numerous suitors. Even Hades himself was not immune once he was infatuated with Persephone and that is an accomplishement of its own. The reason he fell in love with Psyche is because he had an accident with his own arrow. He uses his power to make others fall in love not in love with himself. Not to mention his eternal love for Psyche where he is paired everywhere with her and is her loving husband. They had a child together which is the personification of physical pleasure or bliss. Eros the titan is not in a relationship with anyone nor is he a husband to someone he risked to be with. He also has a brother which we all know as Thanos. Not to mention he is a hedonist.

The story of Psyche and Eros has been retold numerous time for ages even before the Renaissance. It has been retold in art, poetry, theater, sculptures, and even drama. It is never going to stop and the imagery of the two lovers will never stop being reused. With Psyche she is the deification of the human soul and often portrayed with butterfly wings. Her other name is Anima which is the soul, breath, or life force.

What I proposed is a retelling if they ever decide to do another X-Men Fairytales series as this could fit the bill. The story is the POV of Psyche with her passage to marriage, her passion for Eros, the trials she has to undergo (due to Aphrodites jealousy), reunion, and marriage with Godhood.

If a writer wished they could use more imagery and love of Psyche and Eros to Psylocke and Angel. The name fits quite well, doesn't it? The imagery is already there with her Butterfly signature and Warren's wings (plus attraction to both mean and women) it wouldn't be more of a stretch if someone decided to grab inspiration from a reused love story.
    Last edited by Izanami; 06-24-2018 at 12:52 PM.

Ultimate Member

I don't view Betsy as being attracted to both men and women, as imho the whole Cluster thing only happened because the writer wanted to have a diverse team so he needed a gay/bi character or whatever and that it only happened because Cluster was Fantomex of whom Betsy dated just before so it's murky given that it's the only instance for Betsy...though as for the pairing yeah the butterfly and the wings do define the two, which is pretty much why I named the thread what I did...then again the Greek gods and such were a pretty messed up lot...

Though it was Austen's writing there was that scene where that mutant lady was hitting on Warren after Betsy's death and told him that in her view Betsy held a pretty big spot in Warren's heart and that would never change, also wonder if the whole Paige seeing Betsy in the "afterlife" and that Betsy telling Paige to tell Warren to move on will ever be brought back of whether it was actually true or a lie on Paige's part, whether intentional or not...