Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Invincible Member

BEWARE:THE CREEPER!

Jack Ryder plays a right wing pundit on a local cable news station. While his on air persona is an exaggeration, Jack is clearly a conservative. He's also smart, intelligent, and charming. He has an off again on again romance with an ambitious weather girl at the station. When he's not on the air though he deals out justice as weird avenger of the night The Creeper! His adventure combine crime noir and the supernatural. The Creeper takes on anyone from mob bosses and serial killers to demonic cults and werewolves. Hot on the trail of the Creeper is recent chief of detectives transplant Maggie Sawyer. Topics that might be addressed would be civil liberties vs public safety, individual vs social responsibility, vigilantism vs the law.

BANNED

Bruce Wayne decides to devote his time and his fortune to ending homelessness, instead of uselessly sending the same villains back to Arkham again and again.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by America View Post
    A private-eye/detective book set within the DC universe featuring a normal guy performing mostly standard PI/detective jobs.
    So...Slam Bradley, basically.

L& L Comics, featuring only characters whose initials are LL.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by codystarbuck View Post
    L& L Comics, featuring only characters whose initials are LL.
    L(O)L!

10 chars

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Bruce Wayne decides to devote his time and his fortune to ending homelessness, instead of uselessly sending the same villains back to Arkham again and again.
    Now this is a brilliant concept for your proposed Batman/Green Arrow team-up idea. "Bruce and Ollie: SJWFFs" This is a serious compliment.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylarue View Post
    I always wanted a Vixen series. Mari McCabe runs a model agency that secretly fronts as a branch of Checkmate or Argus. The models are actually spies. Fire and Ice could be members. Dick Grayson guest stars in the second story arc. This would last as long as the 90210 spinoff 'Model's Inc.' did (one season). And end on a cliffhanger.
    Ooh, neat. I love Vixen, and Fire and Ice have some great potential backstory built in.

A 'Six from Smallville' story, based on various supporting characters from the Superman/Smallville backstory, like Lana Lang and Pete Ross, and perhaps newer characters such as those introduced in the more recent Conner Kent series in Smallville, like Simon Valentine, could be neat, but definitely wouldn't support more than a half-dozen issues.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Now this is a brilliant concept for your proposed Batman/Green Arrow team-up idea. "Bruce and Ollie: SJWFFs" This is a serious compliment.
    You know what? I might like to actually see that. Not where they give up their crime-fighting careers and do only that of course, but just as something they do on the side. It wouldn't hold up as an ongoing, but it would probably sell as a recurring mini.
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 10-01-2016 at 12:17 PM.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

We've got a couple of guys here who are mocking an Atoms title and a Stretchers title. All right. A Stretchers title is a little hard for anyone to imagine because they don't know how it would work. So when I get time, I'll show them.
    If you're going to try and put a 'Stretchers' fan-fiction title together purely to set yourself a challenge and aim for a level of personal satisfaction then I wish you good luck with that.

If it's just to 'prove a point' on here then I'd advise you don't bother. Your detractors are NEVER going to spend time reading your fan fiction. You'd be wasting your time.

Oh, and it doesn't really take any special insight to predict something like DC publishing a Charlton title at some stage in the future. Something like that is a no brainer.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    If you're going to try and put a 'Stretchers' fan-fiction title together purely to set yourself a challenge and aim for a level of personal satisfaction then I wish you good luck with that.

If it's just to 'prove a point' on here then I'd advise you don't bother. Your detractors are NEVER going to spend time reading your fan fiction. You'd be wasting your time.

Oh, and it doesn't really take any special insight to predict something like DC publishing a Charlton title at some stage in the future. Something like that is a no brainer.
    After I said DC should do it, then a Charlton team title became a no brainer. As did the rest of it. It's funny how that works, isn't it?

And yes, if they read Stretchers, they'll see it's a good idea. So they won't. Like the guy who kept insisting that I'd make the Spectre a wuss, and adamantly refused to look at the proof that I hadn't.

Anyway I know how many hits my stuff gets, and where they come from. It gets seen.
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 10-01-2016 at 12:23 PM.

After I said DC should do it, then a Charlton team title became a no brainer. As did the rest of it. It's funny how that works, isn't it?

And yes, if they read Strechers, they'll see it's a good idea. So they won't. But I know how many hits my stuff gets, and where they come from. It gets seen, though not by them.
    No, it was ALWAYS a no brainer. At some point it's inevitable that DC will try to utilise one of it's IP's again. You are giving yourself a delusional level of personal credit.

I'm glad that you get good hits on your fan-fiction, genuinely. You'll never sell it to your satisfaction on CBR though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    No, it was ALWAYS a no brainer. At some point it's inevitable that DC will try to utilise one of it's IP's again. You are giving yourself a delusional level of personal credit.

I'm glad that you get good hits on your fan-fiction, genuinely. You'll never sell it to your satisfaction on CBR though.
    How many years has DC had the chance to do that and not done it? And how many years did they have the chance to do those other things, and they didn't do them until I said they should?

And why was I the only fan who was calling for those things?

When you show someone how to do something, then it becomes obvious to him, and he thinks he knew it all along and that you had nothing to do with his knowing it. But he didn't know.
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 10-01-2016 at 12:30 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Robin doesn't need Batman

Starring Duke Thomas and Gotham Girl, guest star Harper Row. First arc "better than Robin", second arc "Batman doesn't need Robin" then an apt cancellation.
    Not only is that unfunny and disrespectful, it goes against the point of the thread, since it's very obviously not something that you would actually like...

How many years has DC had the chance to do that and not done it? And how many years did they have the chance to do those other things, and they didn't do them until I said they should?

And why was I the only fan who was calling for those things?

When you show someone how to do something, then it becomes obvious to him, and he thinks he knew it all along and that you had nothing to do with his knowing it. But he didn't know.
    When I was a kid Trey (we're talking early 80's here) I invented a character called Robocop. Drew pictures of him and everything. Lo and behold, something like 5 or 6 years later we get the first Robocop movie. The design of him was nothing like my drawings but it was still quite shocking to see something that I'd dreamt up magically come to life. It was, however, just one of those odd little coincidences that life throws at you. I probably invented numerous other characters that DIDN'T get the Hollywood treatment. I can't even remember them but I can hardly forget creating a character called Robocop now can I? Stuff like that sticks in your mind.

When somebody wants something to happen so badly then they can allow their desires to convince them of anything, however unlikely the reality of it is. You are doing that here. You are not influencing DC policy Trey, trust me. That's why, to answer your question, other DC fans don't 'call for' these things. They haven't convinced themselves that they're in a one-way relationship with DC.

Blue and Gold, starring Static and Blue Beetle, a superhero buddy cop book starring a couple of teenage superheroes trying to make a name for themselves in the world. Sure people know who they are, but they're not in the upper escelon of superheroes yet. Think DC's version of Quantum and Woody.

Virgil and Jaime meet because Jaime is tracking reach technology that drifted from texas up north to dakota city. At first Virgil thinks Jaime is the gun runner himself, working for Holocaust, when they realize they're on the same side, they go kick butt and take names.

It would be kind of a fun book, that comes along once in a while, I could see it lasting long enough to produce one trade.