Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Rank the Marvel netflix shows Best to least

out of the 4 shows so far (Daredevil S1, Daredevil S2, Jessica Jones,Luke Cage)

my order goes:

1.DD S1- Has the best overall story structure and just the overall best quality

2.DD S2- hard one to debate for second place, but I was ultimately entertained the most from DD S2, even if the writing wasn't as tight as the first season

3. Luke Cage- was fighting for the second spot with DD S2, I love the characters, themes, music more so than any other marvel show to be honest but the story structure and pacing was lacking ultimately

4. Jessica Jones- didn't like at all, the villain was great but other than that the worst showing of Marvel Netflix so far

rank yours best to worsts

BANNED

assuming you have finished all 4 shows so far

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

DD Season 1
    DD season 2
    JJ
    Cage
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

DD season 1
    Luke Cage
    DD Season 2
    JJ

BANNED

DD 1
    DD 2
    JJ (was better than DD2 until Kilgrave actually appeared)
    (after 5 episodes) LC (boring is inexcusable, and this is incredibly boring so far)

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

1. Daredevil Season 1
    2. Jessica Jones Season 1
    3. Daredevil Season 2
    4. Luke Cage Season 1

The back halves of JJ1 and DD2 are a mess but I found JJ1 more watchable than the mess they made with Elektra's backstory.

1. Daredevil 1
    2. Daredevil 2
    3. Luke Cage 1
    4. Jessica Jones 1
    Nothing ends, Adrian. Nothing ever ends.

I've only seen two episodes of Luke Cage so far (the hype train is REAAL. Can't wait to get through the whole thing).

But of the three remaining shows, my order:

Jessica Jones
    DD1
    DD2

Of all of them, I've found Jessica Jones to have the most rewatchability. DD1 is better paced, tighter, and clearer than DD2, which isn't bad but it does feel a bit overstuffed at times. It really ran the risk of being a show guest-starring Daredevil.

DD1 - Had the MCU feel of awe
    LC1 - Must be in the minority, I found it entertaining
    DD2 - Incredibly unbalanced. Either really good or really bad
    JJ1 - wanted to like this a lot, but it was just too slow. Kept falling asleep in the back half of the season
    Last edited by Blue Reloaded; 10-03-2016 at 02:32 PM.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

1. Daredevil season 1

2. Daredevil season 2

Placing Luke Cage and Jessica Jones are tough. Both went on about 4 episodes longer than they needed and nothing to really keep the momentum up during the latter half of both seasons. Luke Cage is fresh in my mind but I've forgotten a lot of Jessica Jones. I remember Kilgrave though.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    I remember Kilgrave though.
    Wait, then that could mean that he's lost his powers! Quick, someone tell Jessica!

Incredible Member

DD2 - What can I say, it gave me everything I wanted...Elektra, Punisher, unexpected Kingpin, Punisher and Kingpin interacting in jail. Objectively, season 1 is probably better, but I'd watch this one again first.

DD1 - just great.

Luke - great first half, poorly-paced and occasionally badly-plotted second half.

Jessica - It kind of lagged, I thought the role was miscast, alot of sideplots were misguided (like those dumb sibling neighbors), and the number of times she could have took Kilgrave out but didn't was stupefying, but I liked the stuff with Patsy Walker and Nuke.

Fantastic Member

DD 1
    Luke Cage
    DD 2
    JJ

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by keeen View Post
    DD2 - What can I say, it gave me everything I wanted...Elektra, Punisher, unexpected Kingpin, Punisher and Kingpin interacting in jail. Objectively, season 1 is probably better, but I'd watch this one again first.

DD1 - just great.

Luke - great first half, poorly-paced and occasionally badly-plotted second half.

Jessica - It kind of lagged, I thought the role was miscast, alot of sideplots were misguided (like those dumb sibling neighbors), and the number of times she could have took Kilgrave out but didn't was stupefying, but I liked the stuff with Patsy Walker and Nuke.

LC was on the way of being my favorite, i loved everything about its characters, themes, music etc. than the other shows, but the second half dropped the ball

So, I'm only on Ep 9 of LC so there's room to change, but so far:

DD S2 (A well done Elektra gets extra points, I'm totally biased)
    LC/DD S1
    JJ

I've enjoyed them all though. My only issue with each one, and I suspect this will be true for LC, is that they'd be even better with fewer episodes.