Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default New York Comic Con: What Do We Want/Expect From DC?

So, NYCC is this week. What announcements do we expect from DC? What do we want? I expect more about Orlando's JLA. I would be a little surprised if we don't hear about some new Rebirth ongoings to come early next year. Maybe Super Sons? They have also been hinting at WildStorm.

I am sure we will get hints about what's up with Tim Drake. Also, probably hints about the direction of the SuperBooks, and maybe Teen Titans and Suicide Squad, especially with the JL/Squad crossover coming up.

In the "want" category, it would be nice to hear about the Legion and JLA. Also some sense of what's planned for Titans, but I don't expect the last since Abnett is not attending.

I'm not even sure how much of a presence DC will have compared to in past years since they're no longer headquartered in New York City. I'm sure they'll do something, and there are probably still writers and artists based in the tri-state area, but it may not be as much as before since the corporation would have to ship things across the country (as opposed to across town).

Rebirth Wave 2

Expect : first announcements of the second wave of Rebirth titles.

Want : Supersons. All I want is Supersons.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I'm hoping that the following books will be announced:

Justice League of America(w/roster revealed)
    Justice Society of America
    Shazam
    Vixen
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

1) Earth-M books

2) Black Lightning Rebirth

Very interested in the potential Wildstorm news, Jim Lee will probably be announcing something for that.

I just want phase 2 of Rebirth anyway, a new JSA on-going and folding in Earth 2.

If not an outright reveal, I hope we get a lot of teases for the JLA roster and maybe some more info about what that book will be like.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear an announcement of a Superman family crossover ala "Night of the Monster Men."

I can see us getting a set date for Super-Sons and maybe an idea as to when to expect the second wave of Rebirth and what books will constitute it.

Some Milestone news would be nice.

Justice League Action isn't getting a panel, but I hope one panel reveals it's premier date.

A reveal of the VA's for the other villains and supporting cast in the Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders movie.

Some more info about the Justice League Dark and Judas Contract movies, as well as teases to what's next after that.

Does DC Superhero Girls have a panel? I'd be curious to see what they announce there...maybe a new DTV?

More info about the four-way DCTV crossover.

Incredible Member

These are more wants then expectations but there may be some over-lap between the 2 categories in my list:

1) Some news about Kyle Rayner (maybe a series after his appearance in HAL JORDAN AND THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS)

2) A creative team for SUPERSONS to be announced

3) More info on JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA

4) A Wally West solo title to be announced (and a chance to re-introduce Max Mercury and Bart Allen). This is a wish though, not an expectation (I would love it though!)

5) More info on the Legion

6) More info on the return of the JSA

7) Although I'm not personally interested I'd appreciate more news on the Wildstorm situation

8) A hint on what the next stage of the REBIRTH plan entails.

That's everything I can think of, for now!

Cheers.

James.

BANNED

DCEU news. What characters will be in the Flash, Aquaman, and solo Batman films. Robin? Aqualad? Wally? A Titans film announcement would be epic.

New TV shows that are part of the DCEU on a network besides the CW. HBO would be epic.

Rebirth Wave 2 books like JLA, Super Sons, JSA, LoS, and Shazam. My biggest concern is that they'll all be so good that I'll have to drop some titles to afford them!

The latest plans for Tim Drake and Wally West in the comics, who are in the most important positions they've probably ever been in. I'm psyched!

Some changes to the DC animated films so they don't suck anymore. Departure from the New 52 style would be a good start. Shifting focus away from Damian would also be nice.

I'd love for Young Justice season 3 to be announced, but I don't think that's going to happen. Yet.

1. I'd love for some JLA roster reveals.

2. Looking forward to more info on upcoming Young Animal titles, particularly Mother Panic.

3. More info on upcoming Batverse arcs.

4. Some more details about the Holiday Special and the Love Is Love book.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

Not much to be honest, since DC tends not to be very big on announcements at SDCC or NYCC, instead saving it for Anaheim for some reason. That said, I hope to see:

1. More characters for Injustice 2, as has been hinted at by Ed Boon. Hopefully it wont just be the 'usual suspects'.

2. I expect DC to start hinting a bit at whats coming down the pipe in early 2017 since we have the January solicitations out, and we still dont really have the starting point for the yearly DC event... probably something Rebrith/Manhattan/Oz, but I hope DC realizes that they need to keep the June/July momentum going before we forget this thing... like Marvel and it's '6 month events dragged out across an entire year'.

3. I hope to see somekind of continuation of the Rebirth titles with more books/characters getting the treatment... like a solo Wally West book would be nice, preferably before Titans gets turned into Wally West and the Titans. Also there are several of the old Dark books I'd like to see again... like Peter Milligan returning to do more horror themed JLD.

4. All new books getting announced, slim chance if 3 happens, but still, new books getting announced is always exciting... right till the crushing disappointment sets in when I realize I'm not interested in any of the announcements

5. More TV/Cartoon/Movie material... I sort of expect a little more info on the JLD cartoon along with some live action TV stuff, but I hold a small hope for something on the movie front since that's often saved for San Diego Comic/Movie Con. Possibly the 3rd WW trailer might launch, though I think it's possibly a little early with SDCC having one.

6. Creative shifts, I kinda expect some changes to be announced here... like Jim Lee finding another project he won't be able to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by KTC View Post
    . . . I just want phase 2 of Rebirth anyway, a new JSA on-going and folding in Earth 2.
    NO! NO! NO!
    FOR GOD'S SAKE, N-O!!!

Please, DC, do not in any way, shape, or form link a JSA title with the disaster that was the New 52's Earth 2 (either version 1.0 or 2.0).

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

My guess.

-official announcments of wave 2 Rebirth Titles
    - Jim Lee's Wildstorm announcment.
    -Release date for Justice League Dark on DVD/BD
    - Premire Date for Justice League Action
    - More info on Justice League PT 1 & Wonder Woman
    -Preview of CW DCTV crossover
    -Hopefully 1 or 2 suprises.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

I expect to hear a lineup for a chunk of the Wave 2 Rebirth titles. I'm figuring, based on the Rebirth Special, to hear about the JSA, Legion, and something involving several characters from that big splash page we've yet to see like Vixen, Atom, Vibe, Stargirl (I think?) and Firestorm. Im guessing we'll see some sort of team title with a big CW influence, given that most of those characters are showing up on one of the channel's shows.

I'm also expecting to hear about the JLA roster, which is spinning out of that League/Suicide Squad crossover. The roster, Im sure, is going to mix the two teams, so welcome to the Justice League, Harley Quinn! Assuming that Katanna, Croc, Batman, Cyborg, and Simon Baz will also make the cut.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to hear about a new mini featuring one or more of the Watchmen, or at least a story/series that'll tackle the mystery the Special established. Perhaps a new Brave & The Bold where Batman and Flash investigate the mystery of the missing ten years and the smiley face button Bruce found in the cave?

Also expecting creative team announcement for Super-Sons.

What I want to see is some Milestones news, announcements for more WildStorm characters to show up somewhere (Voodoo? Gen13? WildCATS? Nemesis?), a new writer on Action Comics, a Batwoman ongoing, a Stargirl ongoing, and a return of classic Lobo. Also, the next Omega Men miniseries which DC said they were going to do.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.