Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

.................................................. ....................
    Last edited by Waterfall; 05-20-2018 at 11:39 PM.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Flash is more popular than Green Lantern and GL has two books too.
    The Flash book may have been selling better lately, and the TV show has raised his profile immensely (albeit Barry not Wally), but the GL titles have been WAY bigger and more central to the DCU over the past decade.

I'd love a Wally title though. I like your first pitch for a writer too. Sam Humphries could be a great potential fit. I can't see it happening though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    If the Flash was as popular as Batman or even Superman, then you would be correct.
    Current Flash series is selling more than Superman and Wonder Woman at the moment, that's pretty impressive. To be fair it's probably because DC makes the Flash integral to so many of their events now, including both Flashpoint and Rebirth. The TV show didn't help Flash comic sales during the New 52, so I attribute its success at the moment to promotion and a solid creative team.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Flash is more popular than Green Lantern and GL has two books too.
    Regarding comics, hasn't the GL brand been more popular than the Flash brand for quite a while now?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Current Flash series is selling more than Superman and Wonder Woman at the moment, that's pretty impressive. To be fair it's probably because DC makes the Flash integral to so many of their events now, including both Flashpoint and Rebirth. The TV show didn't help Flash comic sales during the New 52, so I attribute its success at the moment to promotion and a solid creative team.
    If the Flash can sustain that level of success for a year, sure, but it's way too early to make any judgments at the moment. Besides, Supes still sells more comics overall than the Scarlet Speedster.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

All-New Member

Since 2009 DC talks abour a speedforce title wich reunite all of them.
    A speedforce title with Wally and Barry will be cool enough for me. And maybe in some months the return of Jay in ths title

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Sounds like a sensible fear to have, IMO. Alternating between the two might be doable, though.
    Indeed it is a sensible fear to have.

Alternating might be a solution, but I think you'd end up with people who would sit out the arcs featuring the character they dont favor. I think the best solution right now might be for them to costar and take a roughly equal amount of panel time. Though Barry would likely get the bigger slice, given his heightened profile.

But it doesn't make sense. Nightwing doesn't take away from Batman's sales or Supergirl from Superman's. Flash is in a position that can support a spin off at this point.
    Different situations. Neither Nightwing or Supergirl successfully took over their mentors' roles and carried their respective franchises for twenty-five years, or became more popular than their mentors. Wally did both of those things.

I think it may be true that Flash could support a spin-off book. Maybe. Sales these last couple months have held strong but historically the support hasn't been there outside of the 90's when Impulse carried a book as well. However, regardless of that, a Wally book wouldnt just be a "spin-off" it would be seen as direct competition for Barry's title. Whether that view is justified or not, a lot of people would see it as two characters trying to claim the mantle. That could easily result in sales being split and DC paying for two meh selling books.

Now, maybe they could both coexist and do just fine. Im no expert. But I'd want to take a really long, hard look at demo charts and sales records before I gave a Wally book the green light.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Skypaul View Post
    Since 2009 DC talks abour a speedforce title wich reunite all of them.
    A speedforce title with Wally and Barry will be cool enough for me. And maybe in some months the return of Jay in ths title
    I suspect that's as close as we'll get to a Wally title anytime in the near future.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I'd like a Wally West book where he's married to Linda .

Though, as far as an ongoing is concerned, you'd probably have to do a lot to differentiate it from Barry's Flash book, which I think would mean taking a lot of inspiration and elements from the Waid run and brining them back to the forefront.

So, Max, Savitar, Zolomon, Chyre, Chunk, etc. as major characters with maybe a few of The Rogues popping up every now and then.

You could even give them different sidekicks. Barry gets NuWally, while OG!Wally has Bart as Impulse.

I think a Wally ongoing that focused on him reconnecting with the current DCU, his past relationships, and his new place in the world would be awesome, especially since there's only so much of that they can do in Titans without making it just a Wally West solo guest starring the Titans. Which isn't fair to the rest of the team.

BANNED

We can make educated guesses about what will happen, but the reality of the situation is we don't really know what will happen until it's tried. The Flash is selling better than Superman and Green Lantern, both of which have multiple titles. If DC were to do a Wally West book, now would be the time to do one considering The Flash's strong sales and the momentum and attention the character has from the Geoff Johns Rebirth one shot.

BANNED

He should be in the Flash team title.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    there's only so much of that they can do in Titans without making it just a Wally West solo guest starring the Titans. Which isn't fair to the rest of the team.
    Is it, though?

Nightwing has his own series to play in. All the rest? They're secondary characters at most. I mean, I love Roy and Donna and the rest (prefer Kaldur to Garth but whatever) the same way any proper thinking person does, but none of them are the sales magnet that Wally is. None of them have the kind of history, impact, or relevance Wally does. So if he gets the most panel time, as long as the others get their moment to shine, is it really such a bad thing? We've got eight years of mismanagement with Wally to make up for, and given how far he fell, is it really a bad thing if the rest take a backseat at the moment?

When the dust settles and Wally is back in proper working order and some of the stink of the Titans name has worn off, then put the others in more focus. But until then I have no issue with Wally getting the lion's share.

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    He should be in the Flash team title.
    But what Flash team title is that?
    Has it been officially announced yet, or just rumored / stated as "someday in the undefined future"?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But what Flash team title is that?
    Has it been officially announced yet, or just rumored / stated as "someday in the undefined future"?
    Dan Didio has been talking about a Speed Force title since before Barry returned from the dead.

I'll believe it'll happen when it shows up in my pull box, and not a moment before.

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Is it, though?

Nightwing has his own series to play in. All the rest? They're secondary characters at most. I mean, I love Roy and Donna and the rest (prefer Kaldur to Garth but whatever) the same way any proper thinking person does, but none of them are the sales magnet that Wally is. None of them have the kind of history, impact, or relevance Wally does. So if he gets the most panel time, as long as the others get their moment to shine, is it really such a bad thing? We've got eight years of mismanagement with Wally to make up for, and given how far he fell, is it really a bad thing if the rest take a backseat at the moment?

When the dust settles and Wally is back in proper working order and some of the stink of the Titans name has worn off, then put the others in more focus. But until then I have no issue with Wally getting the lion's share.
    I disagree with you I'm fan of Garth and Donna as well the rest I want them to some have panel time not have Wally having 90 percent of panel time after all this is team book for example what about Garth still have Mystical/Magic abilities and Atlantean origins what about Donna still Titan of Myth have origins what about her power set, what about Lilith Karen and rest. Also disagree with you them being secondary characters their have fans who want to see more of them not for them be background or supporting characters As for myself Im getting bit tired of whole Wally and Linda drama but by looking at the solicitations that going on for a while and because its a monthly book be sometime next year before start see other characters get any spotlight.