Page 49 of 141 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I have to disagree about Willow and Scrooged. I thought they were very entertaining and well made. I think as usual Gene doesn't understand dark and cynical humor and this was basically made for someone like Bill Murray. It also had one of the best covers of a classic song ever with Annie Lennox and Al Green. You think they would appreciate the trailer for the really violent and ratings grabbing Christmas film which was a commentary on cinema at the time and f-ing hilarious too. Willow may have had some similarities to Star Wars like the mentioned Brownies characters and of course Sorcia and Mad Mardigan with the love/hate Han/Leia relationship but Sorcia is actually a very different character than Leia. It really stops there though. The main characters were likable and interesting, the effects and costuming were wonderful (well, the dragons near the end were iffy) and the score was beautiful. I also felt it had some memorable acting by Warwick Davis and the baby they chose was sheer brilliance. I dont know how they got the reactions they did from this baby but they did and it was brilliant. I usually am not a baby person but loved this one. So cute and intelligent. I was 12 when these movies came out. I didn't see them in theaters. I wanted to see Willow but stayed away from it because I heard it was bad but decided to give it a chance on video the following year on vhs. We rented it at the video store and it instantly became a favorite for me and my mother. We also rented Scrooged that same year. I loved it and it actually got a few chuckles from my mother and she usually doesnt go for dark comedy but this wasn't too dark for her. I agree about Vibes though, that movie was awful. I was disappointed because I was a big Cyndi Lauper fan and i loved the song. When we rented it I think we almost shut it off.

Now the mentioned good stuff. I remember hearing a lot of kids didn't like Who Framed Roger Rabbit and adults liked it more but i was only twelve when I saw it in the theaters as I was really looking forward to it. It was a great movie experience and I loved the film so much that I bought it with my birthday money when it just came out on VHS. But me liking more mature comedies wasn't odd for me and even dramas like Empire of The Sun as I was only 12 going on 13 when we rented that.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 02-01-2020 at 04:07 PM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    God, I loved this show and thought Nellie was such a witch. I was a tomboy from a working family and idolized Laura quite a bit with those spit contests and getting into fights. Nellie reminded me of bullies at school but seeing this whole thing I had to laugh. I remember when she went away and then came back and she had changed and mentioned how awful she was and her and Laura became friends in their adult years. I found it touching.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 02-02-2020 at 03:49 PM.

Here are two by me from a recent trip to Hawaii.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

"一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.

Mighty Member

BANNED

I've been thinking a deal about totalitarian regimes lately -

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Incredible Member

Man AG got robbed