Spectacular Member

Default Batman Venom Review (Canon Read Through #8)

Venom is another one that I didn't really like the first time I read it, I saw the characterisation as being wrong, to me Batman would NEVER take steroids. I've grown up a bit now though and have realised that people in general want to take short cuts when they fail.

Going in with this new mindset you can read what I thought of Batman Venom in my review below

Batman Venom Review

Seeing the site grow massively now thanks to this forum, thanks everyone who reads my reviews regularly and gives trivia that i've missed.

Cheers
    Check Out My Batman Canon Read Through And Review Here, From Year One all the way to Rebirth

Batman Canon Read Through And Review

I'm Also On Patreon. This all goes towards buying new graphic novels so if you like my reviews please pledge whatever you can. Thank you.

Deffinition Patreon

BANNED

Nice review but you're wrong about Bane. Bane overcame his own addiction in Vengeance# 2 and spent the remainder of his existence ( minus New 52) free of venom. Bruce Wayne never fought a roided Bane excluding Knightfall.

Spectacular Member

sick, thanks for the info, my bad
    Check Out My Batman Canon Read Through And Review Here, From Year One all the way to Rebirth

I'm Also On Patreon. This all goes towards buying new graphic novels so if you like my reviews please pledge whatever you can. Thank you.

Deffinition Patreon

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

My views from another recent thread on Venom:

Venom is fantastic and a huge favorite of mine. One of Denny O's top best. The story and premise were really poignant to me. Denny beat so many writers to this type of story that we see a lot now: how Batman deals with the powers he doesn't have, the people he couldn't save.

You see all these threads on All-Star B&R and some try to defend it as young rough fallable Batman, but Venom shows that to me in a much better way.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

The Dark Knight

I remember the first time i read this and i got to the point when Batman is given Jim Gordon's picture as a 'target to kill'. My reaction at that point was 'Whoa'.

I stopped it there to continue reading at a later date. I love this whole story, it features what Bats would do when his abilities just are not enough to do what he wants and it deals with the repercussions of his actions. Some great images in this book too.

Spectacular Member

yeah, I love the way the book goes James Bond in it's final act, really brilliant book that kind of works in any era of batman's life

Deffinition Patreon