Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

That is a great line-up! I'm guessing Martian Manhunter, Supergirl, Vibe and possibly Firestorm will fill out the line-up? The question is, which Firestorm Jason or Ronnie? Maybe it's both.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    That is a great line-up! I'm guessing Martian Manhunter, Supergirl, Vibe and possibly Firestorm will fill out the line-up? The question is, which Firestorm Jason or Ronnie? Maybe it's both.
    Well, Ronnie was the one in the Rebirth teaser and the Legends of Tomorrow mini just go done re-establishing him and Stein as Firestorm again, so it would probably be Ronnie.

Though I could see Orlando working Jason into the book somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Ronnie was the one in the Rebirth teaser and the Legends of Tomorrow mini just go done re-establishing him and Stein as Firestorm again, so it would probably be Ronnie.

Though I could see Orlando working Jason into the book somehow.
    Actually, at the end of the Firestorm arc in the LOT mini-series, Jason is part of the mix again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Hopefully the next three members will be
    Element Woman
    Vibe
    Firestorm or Shazam
    I'm already paying $21 a month but if that happens I'm sold.
    The more I hear about the book the more my wallet weeps.
    Last edited by AquaLantern; 10-03-2016 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaLantern View Post
    I'm already pay $21 a month but if that happens I'm sold.
    The more I hear about the book the more my wallet weeps.
    HEAR, HEAR!

That is the "worst" thing about DC Rebirth. With JL vs SS and JLA, I'll be at 30 titles on my pull list. Once JSA and LSH are added to the list (hope springs eternal!), I'll be at 32 books a month!

I keep trying to rationalize dropping something, but every book I'm reading I am actually enjoying. I need to cut back, but what the hell do I drop?!

And as I have learned the hard way, it's always far more expensive to skip buying a book and then months or years later, I have to pay more to buy it as a back issue.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

I love it so far. Totally fine by me if this is the book they push the TV characters in. Please DC, if anyone is listening, please buy a 30 second add on your own CW network and explain to people that there is a comic where these characters appear and give people a Comixology code for a sneak peek of the Rebirth issue

I'm thrilled that Vixen is finally somewhere, she is so underused, but if she is the biggest name character on the team I can't see the book lasting long or doing that well. Since it does seem like it is going to be the CW characters I guess Supergirl and Green Arrow will probably be in it, but GA has been in the last JLA and JLU books and they weren't that good. So I'm curious how this will be much different. So far DC has struggled to find a place for a second JL like team to operate in.

BANNED

Yeah Vixen as the biggest name does not inspire confidence in long term success.

We only have four characters so far, people.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    So basically, this book is going to feature the characters from The Arrow tv show. With Reis doing the art, I was hoping for a great lineup. These characters are okay, but we need more A listers.
    Depending on your definition of A-lister, there are currently 13-16 books on the shelves with A-list characters. One book where they aren't overshadowing other characters, and where the creators can dictate the storylines of the featured team members, vs. being reliant on solo books, isn't a bad thing at all.

BANNED

Vibe seems obvious certainly.

This is amazing. Best announcement from the Rebirth era and likely my most looked forward too book since I heard Grant Morrison was going to write Action Comics in 2011. I cant express how happy I am about what we're hearing.

I expected a League/Suicide Squad mashup roster as soon as we heard this was spinning out of the League/Squad crossover, and Frost is a step in that direction. I also expected to see a CW style team book in Wave 2. Im getting both, mixed together, and I couldnt be happier about this!

Orlando and Ivan? Vixen? Ryan Choi? The Ray? (who Ive missed since the 90's Priest run!)

And the premise sounds amazingly perfect and just pure, unashamed classic DC!

If they give me Cyborg, Vibe, Firestorm, and Hawkgirl I'll be beyond thrilled!

Still expecting Harley on the roster too, which I would be oddly fine with.

Well done, DC. This is what you need to be doing. Keep it up.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Depending on your definition of A-lister, there are currently 13-16 books on the shelves with A-list characters. One book where they aren't overshadowing other characters, and where the creators can dictate the storylines of the featured team members, vs. being reliant on solo books, isn't a bad thing at all.

ItSo not.bad at all,BUT it doesn't sell as well as the others.

BANNED

Hey guys do u think they might add another villian to the team,seeing as though it's coming from the crossover? What villian would be good for the team from the CW?

BTW why is everyone asking for element woman when she isn't on the CW? She is a long shot at best.you need to focus on the CW characters.

Hopefully we get 4 more characters

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Hey guys do u think they might add another villian to the team,seeing as though it's coming from the crossover? What villian would be good for the team from the CW?

BTW why is everyone asking for element woman when she isn't on the CW? She is a long shot at best.you need to focus on the CW characters.

Hopefully we get 4 more characters
    Heatwave was a more heroic character for a long time before they ruined him with all that Identity Crisis mind control garbage (essentially eliminating good character development along the way). I'm not sure if his current form lends itself to being more heroic again, but that's one possibility, given his CW connection.

Beyond that, maybe King Shark or Bronze Tiger or even Peekaboo?