Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toon Talk

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Default Toon Talk

Come here to talk about the various western animations you enjoy watching! Be it all-ages or more adult oriented fair feel free to disscuss it.

As for me, just finished watching the premire of Milo Murphy's Law, overall I really enjoyed it. I think I may like it more then the teams previous outing of Phinas & Fherb. It has better writing and humor IMO.

Also, I think the second season of Star VS The Forces of Evil has been good so far.

So what about the rest of you, any toons you like to watch?
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

I love me some "Bojack Horseman!" (though I think some of the reviews have been over the top with the praise)

Star Wars Rebels is finally back with their third season and it's been off to a very strong start.

I'm definitely looking to seeing more of Thrawn, Ezra's development, the Mandalorian storyline as well as whatever Maul will be getting up to.

Season 2 of Star vs. The Forces of Evil has been pretty fun and interesting, and I'm really looking forward to seeing more of Star and Marco's relationship develop and continuing the story of what's going on with with Luddo and the Wand's.

I'm eagerly awaiting the return of new Steven Universe episodes, as that show just continues to deliver some amazing, hilarious, and great, poignant stuff back-to-back.

The second half of TMNT season 4 has been pretty good so far, with the focus centered back on the Turtles fighting the Foot Clan and other crime bosses in New York while also dealing with Karai's rise to power. Karia's new lieutenant/best friend Shinigami has also been a very nice addition to the cast as well, in my opinion.

The quality of the Marvel cartoons has improved dramatically from the past few years, so while they're still not on the same level as the best Marvel shows of yesteryear, they're becoming more solid and good cartoons that I can actually look forward to watching every weekend. At least for the most part.

The Legend of Korra will be getting a complete boxset release in December!
    http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Legend-...e-Series/22700

Also anyone else watching the final season of Regular Show? If so what do you think so far? Personally I think it has been better then the previous season so far.

Also the second season of Sonic Boom starts October 29th.
    http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlisti....do?aid=zap2it
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

So anyone else check out tonight's Swords-day on CN? You know I wasn't sure about Mighty Magiswords before it aired, but it is a fairly entertaining toon overall. Not in the same league as AT or Steven, but it is a entertaining Comedy in a fantasy setting, so that's always fun. Also We Bare Bears flashback episodes to when they were cubs continue to be down right adorable! Gumball is still a solid show, and despite what some say I feel that TTG! is still a funny toon & the PPG reboot is slowly growing into its own.

Also Regular Show's final season continues to be a solid run so far, so that's nice.

But I will be super happy when new episodes of Adventure Time & Steven Universe come back later this month!

Also in other news, the next TMNT DVD from Nick has been announced.
    http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Teenage...st-Stand/22707

I really wish I had more time to watch the current crop of cartoons. Steven Universe, Adventure Time, Bob's Burgers, Rick & Morty, Bojack Horseman, and TMNT are definitely on my list. Avatar and Legend of Korra need some love, too, as does Tenchi Muyo: War on Geminar. Cannot wait for S2 of One Punch Man as well.

I'll make the time for Teen Titans Go, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I really wish I had more time to watch the current crop of cartoons. Steven Universe, Adventure Time, Bob's Burgers, Rick & Morty, Bojack Horseman, and TMNT are definitely on my list. Avatar and Legend of Korra need some love, too, as does Tenchi Muyo: War on Geminar. Cannot wait for S2 of One Punch Man as well.

I'll make the time for Teen Titans Go, though.
    You'll wanna go to the Anime talk thread for those last two. But yea, lots of great toons out there. I am up to date on most of them myself, but I need to catch up on Bojack Horseman, only saw the first season of that one.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    You'll wanna go to the Anime talk thread for those last two.
    Nah. I'm not interested in talking about them, only naming them. That is all. But almost all the shows in my post are ones that can be found on Hulu, so I was going by my saved list.

Trailers for Netflix new animated series Skylanders Academy & Trollhunters are up on youtube.

10 char.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Is the Simpsons still running on the air?

I used to watch the Simpsons but stopped years ago. I watched about a couple of seasons of the Simpsons.

Yes. The simpsons is currently on its 28th season. New episodes are on FOX on Sunday nights & reruns are on FXX on weeknights. It is the longest running animated sitcom in TV history!

Is the Simpsons still running on the air?

I used to watch the Simpsons but stopped years ago. I watched about a couple of seasons of the Simpsons.
    It's still going, though it lost its edge a decade ago (some say 2).

I don't watch as much now, though I don't watch much of anything on tv. I do still pick up the Venture Brothers, when the latest season hits dvd. I enjoy Archer; but haven't seen the recent seasons.

I was a huge fan of the original Danger Mouse; but, what I have seen of the new series leaves me cold, despite the always awesome Stephen Fry as Colonel K. It's just not the same without David Jason and Terry Scott.

Given that the BBC has used Cosgrove Hall and others to do animated portions for missing episodes of Doctor Who, I'm always surprised they haven't commissioned an actual animated Doctor series.

Disney is bringing back Muppet Babies.
    http://www.animationmagazine.net/tv/...26306152343750

I see. Thanks GreenLanternRanger, codystarbuck it's a wonder Simpsons lasted that long.

I guess Simpsons must have aged as Superman or Archie Andrews by now.
    Well, it has had damn good writing and even weak seasons had strong episodes. It just seemed to fall in to the pattern of being comfort food for viewers. You know what you are getting. The 12th season or so is where I lost interest. I was working a lot of Sunday evenings and would forget to tape it, then realize I wasn't that upset that I missed it. You were seeing a lot of unrelated padding in the first act, before you got to the main story and the gags were more amusing than laugh-out-loud. I've seen postings from people who said it wasn't funny after the third season, 5th is common, and even the 7th. Everyone who stopped watching seems to have a dividing line. I mostly just fell out of the habit and only realized I wasn't enjoying it as much, after I wasn't seeing it. Still, even at mediocre it was head and shoulder above most of what passes for entertainment on tv.

What goes unsung is how much of that show's success is owed to Sam Simon, more than James L Brooks or Matt Groenig. Groenig created it; but, had little to do, creatively, with it, after the Tracy Ullman Show. Brooks has shepherded it and contributed a lot to shaping the writing. However, Simon was the key figure for the early years, helping to define the look, the style, the characters, and stretching the bounds of the stories they would do. The writers and directors who moved on to other things have spoken in detail about how much of that show was Sam Simon, who left after tiring of the work to put it out and a deteriorating relationship with the other producers. He was made very wealthy by the show and used it for philanthropic purposes, which is admirable.

Cartoon Network has renewed We Bare Bears for a third season.
    http://www.animationmagazine.net/tv/...31170654296875