Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

I don't know. At least with the New Avengers, he had Luke Cage, Wolverine, Hawkeye, Thing, Daredevil and Iron Man to bounce off personalities with. Thats the fun bit of having Spidey in a team. These guys... No idea. Although O suppose Hercules could be fun.

I loved Family Business, hopefully Waid & Conway will provide a better interpretation of Peter, unfortunately Slott's man child gets on my nerves.

BANNED

I think there is plenty of great Things that can be done with Spider-man and Hercules interacting with each other.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If anything, Marvel wants you to think he's a playboy or a stud with multiple women to justify his single status
    No, they do not want you to think that.

If they did, they would write him as such and they haven't. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    I think there is plenty of great Things that can be done with Spider-man and Hercules interacting with each other.
    Yes, I think there's a lot of potential for Spidey on this team. Curious to see who else joins eventually.

Hopefully Spider-Man is taking more of a leadership role and is not the team goofball getting shade thrown at him constantly. We'll see, though.

Mighty Member

Maybe there will be a civil war 3 with Peter as one of the opposing leaders.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I bet many of you will think of Spider-Man as the new "Iron Man" for the Avengers now, just like Tony Stark and his company. (Many people get really repetitive with this). However, I think Spider-Man's role in the Avengers will be more than that. After all, I don't see any resemblance of what Peter does with his company to how Tony rules his own.

After Civil War II, no doubt the Avengers will end up demoralized and other things, so I believe Spider-Man's role will be to stay as the conscience of the group, pushing them to keep going no matter what, just like Spidey has been forced to do over all these years.

The Avengers' new headquarters will be the Baxter Building, but unlike the Avengers' Mansion or the Avengers Tower, I believe Spider-Man and/or Peter Parker will force the Avengers to gain their place here. How?, simply, working for Parker Industries!! The Avengers have lived quite luxury thanks to the help from Iron Man's money and other things, but this time, even although Spider-Man will always offer his resources to save the world, this time they will have to offer something in return to their benefactor. How?, well, I think it's quite easy to think:

+ Wasp could work in nanotechnology's division. You know, since she can shrink, she could work to fix circuity problems and other things requiring her unique abilities.
    + Thor could allow Parker Industries to have access to an almost "unlimited" energy source of Mjolnit and its ability to fire lightnings. Also, if Uncle Ben's Foundation has anything to do with helping kids sick of cancer, I believe this Thor would be pleased to help.
    + Vision's computerized brain could be useful to improve Parker Industries' systems and security, so villains like Doc Ock or Scorpio won't hack it again.
    + Hercules' strength could be useful for Parker Industries too. I mean, each time they need someone to carry something really heavy, Hercules could be useful.
    + Captain America's role will be a little complicated. Considering Sam Wilson's problems in his own book, with people against him and claiming he should return the shield, I'm not sure how Peter will risk his company's reputation with such controversial figure.

Well, what do you think?
    Sounds to exploitative for Peter to do. Also, he won't move them into Baxter Building since they'll get attacks twice a week. They could always move into the old PI building where Horizon was.

I wonder how long this will last since I'm worried about Parker's status quo post-Clone Conspiracy.

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    maybe there will be a civil war 3 with peter as one of the opposing leaders.
    don't give them ideas!!!
    Last edited by SpiderClops; 10-05-2016 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Hopefully Spider-Man is taking more of a leadership role and is not the team goofball getting shade thrown at him constantly. We'll see, though.
    Unless Waid has taken a 180 in his Spider-Man characterization, he'll probably just be the team goofball.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    No, they do not want you to think that.

If they did, they would write him as such and they haven't. Ever.

Yes, I think there's a lot of potential for Spidey on this team. Curious to see who else joins eventually.
    I would love for Human Torch to join. I always enjoy the interaction between the two. Althoug that is unlikely because he is already on other teams.

Maybe a mutant? Someone like beast, iceman or another like that could work.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Sounds to exploitative for Peter to do. Also, he won't move them into Baxter Building since they'll get attacks twice a week. They could always move into the old PI building where Horizon was.

I wonder how long this will last since I'm worried about Parker's status quo post-Clone Conspiracy.
    I can see Baxter being the team base, but them not actually living there.

The old PI building was destroyed in the final issue of the previous volume of Amazing Spider-Man.

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Man, they're really trying to push the "Peter Parker as Tony Stark" status quo as long as they can. He's basically taken over Tony's job with the team, though that'll probably last as long as Parker Industries lasts.

And I really hope Waid has improved his handling of Spider-Man, or at least Spidey resuming his role as the comedy relief of an Avengers team will offset any damage he could do.
    I don't see how two girlfriends in 10 years makes one a Playboy.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I hope so. By the time Civil War II is finished, he'll be not only among the most capable and experienced of the original generation of Marvel heroes, but the least morally compromised by the cumulative effects of all these hero-on-hero events.

As for his current status quo, he's only like Tony Stark in the sense that he has a globalized tech company that pretends to hire his alter ego as a bodyguard and mascot and now sponsors the core Avengers team. He's not even a billionaire because he cut his personal salary to middle management level to offset the lack of profitability in the more philanthropic work he's oriented Parker Industries towards. Maybe his personal net worth amounts to a few million if he saves his money just right, but he's more financially comfortable than actually rich.
    Wouldn't he be giving orders to Iron Doom?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

It's not exploitative, it's moldering the Avengers to a more human perspective. In other ways, Spider-Man would try to make the Avengers look the things his way. Peter won't doubt on puting Parker Industries to the service of the Avengers to save the whole world if it's necessary, but with Tony Stark, they thought they shouldn't take care of the consequences of their actions. Well, if Peter puts them to work, they could finally understand how Spider-Man has seen things from most of his life.

In other words, Peter is only make the Avengers to live in the "real" world. The world is in danger?, then we would what it's needed to save it. But once the crisis is over, you have to prove the people that you are as human as they are. So, you are going to have to earn a house just like anyone, working for it.

Mighty Member

So what is next for Peter? Reveal his identity to the public, only this time he won't be pressured by someone else to do so and the move will be more permanent. With Stark leaving, looks like Peter will be taming his place.