Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Wildstorm imprint revived by Warren Ellis!

http://comicbook.com/2016/10/04/excl...m_content=Link

I'm so bloody happy right now! I've been shouting this against the wind for a dogs age now. And headed by Ellis? Hell to the yeah!

Spectacular Member

Newsarama has some character re-designs. Looks like they are going for a more natural, less super-heroey feel. Good stuff:

http://www.newsarama.com/31329-grift...-at-dc.html#s2

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Hell yeah. This is the way to do things DC. I'm so hyped for this.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

So is Wildstorm going back to its own universe? (I hope.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadeb View Post
    I would assume so but who really knows.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadeb View Post
    I think it'd be best to have it in continuity but loose enough so that it doesn't really matter much; just like Young Animal.

Always Rakzo

Checked this earlier. A few years ago, I wasn't really the biggest fan of Warren Ellis. I thought he was one of the typical douchebags from the industry who believed to be above it but, unlike Alan Moore, he didn't create anything particularly revolutionary to justify his ego.

However, after being completely fair about my own feelings, I realized that most of my dislike for him was due to his attitude because there's no doubt that the man is talented. He revitalized the Wildstorm line with a high concept direction that is still relevant today and has a huge personality to complement such creativity (unlike other writers like Jonathan Hickman who only have one of those aspects and is worth very little without the other). Even some of his recent works in the big two like Moon Knight was very well-done.

Really excited about this, if Ellis is invested enough in the project we could get something truly special once again.

Amazing Member

A proper Wildstorm really should be in it's own universe. A concept like Stormwatch would be hamstrung with the Justice League existing. So many cool concepts like Seedlings, the Gen factor, Daemonite and Kheribum hybrids, etc., were thrown to the wayside to meld the characters into the DCU.

I'm hoping that we will be getting Wildstorm in its own universe. Reviving the imprint could be taken as a sign that it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvanite View Post
    A proper Wildstorm really should be in it's own universe. A concept like Stormwatch would be hamstrung with the Justice League existing. So many cool concepts like Seedlings, the Gen factor, Daemonite and Kheribum hybrids, etc., were thrown to the wayside to meld the characters into the DCU.
    You are right, but this is a first step and who knows whaelsecould be comming? I don't see why there can't be a Wildcats in the main earth and a more pure earth-wildstom outside in the multiverse. I bet for earth-55.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Best. News. Of. The. Year.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Im not much of an Ellis fan tbh but he seems the obvious choice to oversee a universe wide revival so looking forward to what might come of this.

Now get Joe Casey on the phone DC!

Really interesting news. I wonder what will happen to Midnighter and Apollo? Will they eventually be back in the Wildstorm imprint?

Might be the first of DC's lines/imprints I don't go all in on. I'll definitely try The Wildstorm though.

Sucks Jon Davis-Hunt is leaving The Clean Room, I guess that would explain the recent delays.

BANNED

Great news but no The Authority ?