Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 672
  1. #1
    Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    3,279

    Default Death of X #1 Spoilers/Review. Again, SPOILERS.

    This is a real review. I got the book early because I work in a comic book store, and I just finished it.

    I'm on my phone, and don't know how to use the spoiler stuff, so I'll give you a chance to avoid spoilers if you want to read it.

    -

    -

    -

    -

    -

    -

    -

    Okay, if you're still here, then you either 1) don't care or 2) also work in a CB store, lol.

    Anyways...

    SPOILERS GALORE, YO.





    1) Yup, Madrox is dead, and the double page spread we see him in... is ghastly, to say the least.

    2) The art is pretty damn good, especially the colors.

    3) Hydra makes an appearance, because "Hail Hydra.".

    4) There's no animosity between Cyke, Bobby, and Beast, so I'm assuming everyone is on, at least, decent terms following the "Hickman Kills Everyone" event.

    5) Only the Inhumans see any action here, while it's all discovery for the Mutants/X-Men.

    6) You can see why Magik would join Storm, because, for some reason, she doesn't see the mist/cloud as the Inhumans' fault. Weird.

    7) The issue is designed to purposely show the very drastically different points of views both sides have when it comes to the cloud/mist. People who said that the previews made the Inhumans come off as creepy, or off, are right. There is an unsettling, yet subtle, arrogance that Crystal displays in her dialogue that, honestly, makes it hard to sympathize with the Inhuman side at all. The Inhuman kids come off as ignorant of the gravity of the situation, as the Royal family likes it (we saw them hide the fact that the mist killed Inferno's mother). Doesn’t help that the X-Men parts are generally colored darker, compared to the bright, and vibrant, In human parts. No offense to any religious people, but the Inhumans really come off as people blinded by faith here. Seeing their smiles, after seeing Madrox's painful, and horrific, death scene, was just...ugh.

    8) While I think most of us could already surmise, this issue makes it clear that Cyke will die via the mist/cloud.

    Overall, I'd give it an 7-7.5/10, because nothing really happened, and the ending dialogue for the X-Men side felt rushed. Cyke goes from saying that they need to be 100% sure before taking any action, to declaring war, and then Magik come off as being difficult for the sake of it. Her questioning Cyke blaming the Inhumans made NO SENSE. Of course it's the Inhumans' fault.

    So yeah, if the point was to show both sides as equal (dat grey area), or show Cyke as being rash, then Marvel failed hard at that. However, taking it as it is, it was a good first issue.

  2. #2
    Judgement Awaits LordAllMIghty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    4,840

    Default

    Cool, can't wait to read it.

    The Magik part sounds interesting and I'm happy everybody seems to be a happy X-family again.
    I've seen your end and it starts with you challenging me.

  3. #3
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,141

    Default

    If someone at Marvel decides to bring back Jamie and say it was a dead dupe, I'd be totally fine with that.

  4. #4
    Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    3,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhySoFuriousGeorge View Post
    If someone at Marvel decides to bring back Jamie and say it was a dead dupe, I'd be totally fine with that.
    I don't think that'll be the case. However, they could always bring in a dupe (one that had its own life), and say he's the "new" Madrox.

  5. #5
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,141

    Default

    Too bad they didn't get Layla instead. I'd be just fine if that plot device died by Terrigen cloud.

  6. #6
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Inside Storm's heart
    Posts
    27,264

    Default

    Why Jamie? Huhuhu.

  7. #7
    Judgement Awaits LordAllMIghty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    4,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    I don't think that'll be the case. However, they could always bring in a dupe (one that had its own life), and say he's the "new" Madrox.
    Wait didn't Jamie die from the Legacy Virus...then we found out it was one of his dupes.
    I've seen your end and it starts with you challenging me.

  8. #8
    Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    3,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Wait didn't Jamie die from the Legacy Virus...then we found out it was one of his dupes.
    Jamie admits to being the original as calls out to Cyclops, for help as he dies.

  9. #9
    Judgement Awaits LordAllMIghty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    4,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Jamie admits to being the original as calls out to Cyclops, for help as he dies.
    So he says...watch a dupe popup later...LL
    I've seen your end and it starts with you challenging me.

  10. #10
    Mighty Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Wait didn't Jamie die from the Legacy Virus...then we found out it was one of his dupes.
    That wasn't even the first time they pulled that stunt with a dupe dying during that run, lol.

  11. #11
    Mutant Midnighter NewMutant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,050

    Default

    Kill off a critically acclaimed fan favorite who has been in limbo for years. He hasn't be involved in anything recent for his death to make the stakes higher and its certainly a slap to the fans. Smart.
    I'm a fighter. I fight for normal people. But I'll never be one. I'm not a hero. Some people can't handle that.

    #midnightermonday

    Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

    IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    That wasn't even the first time they pulled that stunt with a dupe dying during that run, lol.
    Yup. Easiest resurrection job ever. But even with the knowledge that death is an iffy deal at best in the MU, a good death scene is still a good death scene.

    Not that I'm sure this was. From the description, it might have just been gross.

  13. #13
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6,101

    Default

    TooFlyToFail :
    Cyke goes from saying that they need to be 100% sure before taking any action, to declaring war, and then Magik come off as being difficult for the sake of it. Her questioning Cyke blaming the Inhumans made NO SENSE. Of course it's the Inhumans' fault.
    Except that there is a possibility that it is not inhumans fault?
    3rd party could altered mists...

    because mutants are acting that way they are hated by world...
    Humans are the same... Magneto killed millions during Fatal Attraction... People are attacking mutants...

  14. #14
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,091

    Default

    They killed Madrox in some mini about death of other character?
    Damn, I tired from this crap that most my favourite characters are killed or are in limbo.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    7) The issue is designed to purposely show the very drastically different points of views both sides have when it comes to the cloud/mist. People who said that the previews made the Inhumans come off as creepy, or off, are right. There is an unsettling, yet subtle, arrogance that Crystal displays in her dialogue that, honestly, makes it hard to sympathize with the Inhuman side at all. The Inhuman kids come off as ignorant of the gravity of the situation, as the Royal family likes it (we saw them hide the fact that the mist killed Inferno's mother). Doesn’t help that the X-Men parts are generally colored darker, compared to the bright, and vibrant, In human parts. No offense to any religious people, but the Inhumans really come off as people blinded by faith here. Seeing their smiles, after seeing Madrox's painful, and horrific, death scene, was just...ugh.
    So does DoX imply that most Inhumans are ignorant of the fact that the T-Mist transformation can kill non-powered humans as well as mutants? Because, for me, that goes a long way toward explaining how the Inhumans are supposed to be viewed at all sympathetically.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •