Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    BANNED

WallStreeter :
    It was so bad Singer is now off the next X-Men movie. Actually Fox had a bad year for many of its films, so some upper level management got fired as well.
    really? That's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    nx01a:

Why?
    I like X men and I like actual books like All New Wolverine for example.
    I thought that you only liked Rogue. And ANW has nothing related to the mist, so it's a terrible example.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Fox's live action X-Men movie performances have been very MEDIOCRE compared to Disney's Avengers franchise. Having access worth to 50 years of stories isn't necessarily a good deal either. Many of those older stories maybe dated and perhaps can't translate well to the screen. The film properties Marvel controls have access to CURRENT stories, and this means there's a lot more cross media promotion.

And Fox already shrugged it's shoulders when the box office results came in for X-Men: Apocalypse. It was so bad Singer is now off the next X-Men movie. Actually Fox had a bad year for many of its films, so some upper level management got fired as well. If they had access to current Marvel stories, they could get additional media promotion from Disney. Worked well for SONY as the new Spider Man was able to be in Civil War. Eventually Fox will make a deal.
    Disney used a bunch of solo films to build up to the eventual Avengers movie. If they'd have done the Avengers movie right from the start, it more than likely wouldn't have been that successful. World-building is kinda hard when you're restricted to one team and one solo movie every two years(before Deadpool) with the solo character movie being wildly disconnected from the team movie.

BANNED

dragonmp93 :
    I thought that you only liked Rogue.
    No. I like her more but i like many heroes.

I simply have complicated feelings and thoughts about heroes. I also like to play devil advocate.

I have fun reading All New Wolverine.
    I enjoy reading stories about Cyclops(pre AvX and AvX for example) but i think that he was wrong. He is cool but he is far from perfect.

actually present x men comics are better for me than previous series. For example - I didn't like Wolverine and X men and i didn't read this series (except few first issues)
    Last edited by Xelossik; 10-08-2016 at 03:27 PM.

BANNED

Fox's live action X-Men movie performances have been very MEDIOCRE compared to Disney's Avengers franchise. Having access worth to 50 years of stories isn't necessarily a good deal either. Many of those older stories maybe dated and perhaps can't translate well to the screen. The film properties Marvel controls have access to CURRENT stories, and this means there's a lot more cross media promotion.

And Fox already shrugged it's shoulders when the box office results came in for X-Men: Apocalypse. It was so bad Singer is now off the next X-Men movie. Actually Fox had a bad year for many of its films, so some upper level management got fired as well. If they had access to current Marvel stories, they could get additional media promotion from Disney. Worked well for SONY as the new Spider Man was able to be in Civil War. Eventually Fox will make a deal.
    A) Apocalypse still made a profit thanks to a low budget. There's a Bloomberg graph somewhere that proves this
    B) Singer had already said he was going to do other stuff a year ago

Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    Also the "Inhumans" movie has been cancelled.
    It hasn't.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LocoSteve View Post
    It hasn't.
    It HAS been removed from the schedule, so right now it's not even slated for production.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LocoSteve View Post
    It hasn't.
    Shhh! Don't dash my hopes!

Fantastic Member

I think they are fixing the mistake. As the terrigen mists are increasing the Inhumans at the expense of mutants (genocide) the only possible way for mutants to survive is to unite and fight the Inhumans and destroy the terrigen mists. I am happy they did this because focusing on human bigotry against mutants was lame, tired, and old. Part of the problem is the X-Men could easily have defeated the human armies. Xavier could have mind controlled human leaders.

The Inhumans are a true threat to the mutants, another super powered race. The issues between the mutants and inhumans are political and not easily resolved.
    I'm looking forward to IvX, and I am looking forward to IvX resurrection.

Marvel will likely integrate the mutants and inhumans. That was Fox does not have access to these stories, and it further puts pressure on Fox to come to a deal on live action film rights (they already did on tv rights) until Fox agrees to a deal.
    ehm yes and no 1.) most mutants don't want to rule anything or create their own country. and what would the mutant gain by leveling an army or controling a head of state besides throwing fuel into the fire and giving their enemys ammunition? IMHO nothing.
    isn't the conflict with also not easily resolved with the extremist being a loud minority
    this whole confict shows imho the true enemy of the inhumans: their own arrogance and their own rigid society. the conflict is started by them and the fact that they are commiting THREE WARCRIMES AT ONCE (unleashing a biological/chemical weapon, attacking a civilian population and genocide) and the fact they put an inaminate poisonous cloud over human lifes makes it for me nigh impossible to sympathize with medusa and the rest of the genetic council.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordLeviathan View Post
    ehm yes and no 1.) most mutants don't want to rule anything or create their own country. and what would the mutant gain by leveling an army or controling a head of state besides throwing fuel into the fire and giving their enemys ammunition? IMHO nothing.
    isn't the conflict with also not easily resolved with the extremist being a loud minority
    this whole confict shows imho the true enemy of the inhumans: their own arrogance and their own rigid society. the conflict is started by them and the fact that they are commiting THREE WARCRIMES AT ONCE (unleashing a biological/chemical weapon, attacking a civilian population and genocide) and the fact they put an inaminate poisonous cloud over human lifes makes it for me nigh impossible to sympathize with medusa and the rest of the genetic council.
    The point being the humans or sentinels are not a credible threat to mutants. Mutants can cut them off at production, and if it takes mind controlling world leaders to save themselves then there's no reason why mutants shouldn't do it. Look at Magik alone. Humans or sentinels are not a credible threat to a time/space mutant teleporter who is a sorceress and a hell lord. For that matter with Cable's fighting skills and advanced tech no sentinel is really a credible threat. Storm and Magneto on their own can take down a number of sentinels.

But taking on the Inhumans, who are also a diverse super powered race of people is extremely difficult. Not only is there the challenge due to their powers, the Inhumans are living things, unlike the sentinels. To destroy an Inhuman is to kill a person. I don't want to see any sentinel stories anytime soon if ever again, they have been done to death and finally Marvel has come up with a new direction for the X-Men/mutants. Now instead of human prejudice being the driving stories about X-Men, it's their relations with the Inhumans that have become the driving story and currently the terrigen mists and the Inhuman royal family are the mutants biggest enemies.

BANNED

The point being the humans or sentinels are not a credible threat to mutants. Mutants can cut them off at production, and if it takes mind controlling world leaders to save themselves then there's no reason why mutants shouldn't do it. Look at Magik alone. Humans or sentinels are not a credible threat to a time/space mutant teleporter who is a sorceress and a hell lord. For that matter with Cable's fighting skills and advanced tech no sentinel is really a credible threat. Storm and Magneto on their own can take down a number of sentinels.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 10-08-2016 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    Shhh! Don't dash my hopes!

Too late..

But taking on the Inhumans, who are also a diverse super powered race of people is extremely difficult. Not only is there the challenge due to their powers, the Inhumans are living things, unlike the sentinels. To destroy an Inhuman is to kill a person. I don't want to see any sentinel stories anytime soon if ever again, they have been done to death and finally Marvel has come up with a new direction for the X-Men/mutants. Now instead of human prejudice being the driving stories about X-Men, it's their relations with the Inhumans that have become the driving story and currently the terrigen mists and the Inhuman royal family are the mutants biggest enemies.
    The vast majority of X-Men stories disagree with you. Not only have Sentinels and humans proven themselves as more than capable in the past, we've seen various realities where they've all but wiped out mutants. Sure, there's technically nothing to stop, say, Legion from warping them out of reality, but by that same token there's "technically nothing" to stop humanity or the Sentinels from wiping out all life on Earth. That's just not how it goes. The two species aren't in a constant, heated battle for life or death, the conflict consists of pockets of friction.

Fighting humans has been a big part of X-Men stories (far bigger than fighting Sentinels) and it's the same thing there; killing them is killing a person. This new status quo of Inhumans vs. X-Men is far from revolutionary, and in my opinion has yet to produce a story that is even close to anything from previous X-Men status quos. Mutants and Inhumans fighting over who is to succeed humanity is an interesting concept, but it's not new and so far, it's proven detrimental to both franchises.
    On ye olde CBR

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    The vast majority of X-Men stories disagree with you. Not only have Sentinels and humans proven themselves as more than capable in the past, we've seen various realities where they've all but wiped out mutants. Sure, there's technically nothing to stop, say, Legion from warping them out of reality, but by that same token there's "technically nothing" to stop humanity or the Sentinels from wiping out all life on Earth. That's just not how it goes. The two species aren't in a constant, heated battle for life or death, the conflict consists of pockets of friction.

Fighting humans has been a big part of X-Men stories (far bigger than fighting Sentinels) and it's the same thing there; killing them is killing a person. This new status quo of Inhumans vs. X-Men is far from revolutionary, and in my opinion has yet to produce a story that is even close to anything from previous X-Men status quos. Mutants and Inhumans fighting over who is to succeed humanity is an interesting concept, but it's not new and so far, it's proven detrimental to both franchises.
    also dind't reverend Stryker do the most damage to the x-men(you know blowing up a bus full of kids)?

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    There was is mention of the Terrogen/Terrigen Mist being sacred or it's being worshiped as such. Not to say it didn't become so later but, I have yet to find the issue(s) that shows and or tells us when that became the case.[/FONT]

"exalted"

"sacred"

"belief;" "sacred"