Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 354142434445

They created so much "hype" with Hitler Cyclops that this is still something totally inexplicable. My only theory is that Lemire and Soule were boycotting the Inhumans from within.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Soule's Inhumans was smooth sailings until this mess.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Lemire wrote some pretty bad stuff at DC too that was as bad as EXM/DoX (most notably Futures End).
    I've never read any of Lemire's DC stuff so I can't really speak about that - there are creators who are excellent at doing their own comics but can be extremely hit or miss when it comes to corporate ones, which is unfortunate because the bigger exposure can really be a double-edged sword.

get too many characters involved and lemire just kinda dies, are the casts of his creator owned stuff big
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Soule's Inhumans was smooth sailings until this mess.
    I agree, I never cared about the Inhumans and I certainly didn't care for Marvel's push to use them as stand-in for mutants - but Soule's run was pretty entertaining nonetheless. I would have been curious to read original writer Matt Fraction's take though, which I guess we'll never see now.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    They created so much "hype" with Hitler Cyclops that this is still something totally inexplicable. .
    The obvious answer is that they had to make him guilty of something awful, but had no idea what could be, because the order came from above to make the X-men look bad so Inhumans looked good, and by the time DoX happened they realized Scott was too popular and important to be rendered unusable, hence they didn't actually made him too bad, and even then was Emma anyway.

Of course, even stupider was that they could easily have a mutant do something horrible to the Inhumans, but could easily have been Magneto, or, even better, Apocalypse. But I guess that wouldn't make the X-men look bad.

Now, years later, the Inhumans are book-less and less popular than ever thanks to that stupid cloud. I doubt anyone will touch them anytime soon.

Ultimate Member

I'm a sucker for hero vs. hero battles, but I really think Marvel screwed up when they escalated the conflict to 'mutants gonna be wiped out'.

I mean, would it have killed them to say that some bad guy altered the cloud? Or have the X-Men target it because bigots were weaponizing it?

Marvel's antics toward X-Men and Inhumans while Fox owned the film rights is always a good reminder of how petty executives and editorial can be, and why things they say can be a very far cry from the truth (to the point of gaslighting). If asked at the time, I'm sure the execs and editors would've said X-Men was a dying franchise and that it was lucky to get use with important staples like Avengers or up and comers like Inhumans.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Holy s*#$, never expected a necro of this.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I agree, I never cared about the Inhumans and I certainly didn't care for Marvel's push to use them as stand-in for mutants - but Soule's run was pretty entertaining nonetheless. I would have been curious to read original writer Matt Fraction's take though, which I guess we'll never see now.
    Don’t be so sure. Expect “house of I” (letter) and “powers of I” (Roman numeral) in your lcs in 2020!
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Don’t be so sure. Expect “house of I” (letter) and “powers of I” (Roman numeral) in your lcs in 2020!
    Hah I'm afraid the Inhumans will be officially radioactive for the next decade or so, what with them being the first true flop of Marvel TV.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Holy s*#$, never expected a necro of this.
    No buried thread is safe from spam accounts. Wonder which the next victim to rise will be.