Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Well, the art's good I guess.

What frustrates me here is the series is touted as the answers to our time-gap mysteries and yet, from the get go, we have a bunch of characters inexplicably together or communicating. I'm not saying it needed to have started off immediately from the end of #600, but Iceman hasn't had an amicable conversation with Scott for years. Scott, Emma and Magik weren't, when last we saw them, operating as a team. The Cuckoos and Goldballs were at the JGS. The most interesting parts of this issue all happened off-panel. I can hope that the next issue will cover these things, or at least pay a visit to the JGS (Edit: just remembered the second issue preview, so i'm sure at least some of my concerns will be sated with a good amount of X-Cameos. I think my real big issue here is that it's the start of an X-Event, an important one at that, that has been hyped and hinted at, frustratingly so, for many months now. Just as much time is spent on a silly, feel-good inhumans adventure. There really didn't need to be as much time spent on the inhumans as the X-Men. Hydra were completely superfluous.)

Good seeing Cyclops, Emma and the bangs tho
    Last edited by akiresu_; 10-05-2016 at 02:56 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    Please do. I am looking forward to hearing them.
    Ok. So wow. I have so many mixed feelings about this. Overall I thought the issue was good, but I wasn't a fan of the art work.

I actually came out feeling kinda bad for Cyclops but I was more concerned about the disposition of Emma after Cyclops collapsed. It appeared as if she was hiding something (not sure if he is dead or if she is aware he is terminally ill or what). Also, Cyclops kept mentioning the Inhumans lied, but I was not sure where in the story there was any indication the Inhumans knew it would kill and/or hurt mutants in the way that it did. I also didn't like the fact that the world seemed so accepting of Inhumans in a matter of months when with mutants the exact opposite of compassion and understanding has been exhibited towards them. That didn't seem that sensible to me.

All in all, if the Inhumans did know any of this would impact mutants in the way it was shown to Cyclops and his team I would definitely say a war between the factions should have probably already started. But I think the verdict is still kinda out on that.

I read this excited to see that turd-burglar Cyclops die and instead saw one of my all time favorites die. That was harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    Well, the art's good I guess.

What frustrates me here is the series is touted as the answers to our time-gap mysteries and yet, from the get go, we have a bunch of characters inexplicably together or communicating. I'm not saying it needed to have started off immediately from the end of #600, but Iceman hasn't had an amicable conversation with Scott for years. Scott, Emma and Magik weren't, when last we saw them, operating as a team. The Cuckoos and Goldballs were at the JGS. The most interesting parts of this issue all happened off-panel. I can hope that the next issue will cover these things, or at least pay a visit to the JGS, but really what little interest I had in this mini is dying out fast.

Good seeing Cyclops, Emma and the bangs tho
    I really dont see why this mini would even need to go into any of that. We dont need every little detail force to us. Scott, Emma and Magik were all together in UXM 600. I dont think its much of a stretch that The Cuckoos, Goldballs and Iceman would have eventually turned up with them sometime after that. The sentiment with Scott had died down and wasnt hostile as it was when Bendis first took over

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    I read this excited to see that turd-burglar Cyclops die and instead saw one of my all time favorites die. That was harsh.
    Why would you think Scott would be killed off in the first issue? The main premise behind this story is to finally find out what he did and it would be anticlimatic if it was revealed at the very start. Besides why are people so worried about Madrox? His mutant power is to come back from the dead. Seriously, his powers are a built in retcon device and many writers have taken advantage of that

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Kill off a critically acclaimed fan favorite who has been in limbo for years. He hasn't be involved in anything recent for his death to make the stakes higher and its certainly a slap to the fans. Smart.
    Shhhhh, Axel Alonso will think we actually like this!

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Marvel editorial.
    Walt Disney Comics

Is it bad that I actually wanted Hydra to kill the Inhumans?

If you guys want to send Marvel a message DON'T buy this. Just read the synopsis online. It's the same thing and doesn't cost ten bucks.

Amazing Member

I'm not seeing how the Inhumans are going to come out of this looking like the injured party.

Maybe, maybe if issue two reveals that the Inhumans are somehow entirely ignorant of what the mists do to mutants and Cyclops and co spend the whole issue attacking them without telling them why.

Then in issue three the Inhumans find out the truth and move heaven and earth to try to solve the problem (because if you can't blame all Inhumans for the mists then you can't blame all mutants for Cyclops, right?).

And finally in issue four Cyclops ignores all this and basically tries to commit genocide against the Inhumans...

MAYBE that would be enough justification for the indifference shown by the Inhumans toward the mutants who are dying from their mists. But even then, they'd come across as small-i inhuman.

I never used to actively dislike the Inhumans. Well, other than Medusa. I really liked Crystal in War of Kings when she was married to Ronan the Accuser. I had no objection to them getting a push and a load of titles.

But they just don't seem to care that people are dying.

So they brought Jamie Madrox out of a retirement of sorts just to kill him off? No mention of his wife? They had him running a research facility with his dupes - a facility that hasn't been used by any allies of the X-Men for years as far as I can remember? That alone makes it hard to enjoy this issue.

I thought it was sad to see Jamie go, but I actually thought this was a really strong debut.

Lemire, Soule, and Kuder do a fantastic job at showcasing the contrasting lives the Inhumans and mutants live. The X-Men are distrusting and battered wildcards while the Inhumans are joyful and ignorant (potentially narcissistic) inhumanitarians. It was far more (justifiably) sympathetic to the X-Men than I thought it would ever be.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcos0698 View Post
    Is it bad that I actually wanted Hydra to kill the Inhumans?
    Yes but it is understandable given the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by NotABadger View Post
    I'm not seeing how the Inhumans are going to come out of this looking like the injured party.

Maybe, maybe if issue two reveals that the Inhumans are somehow entirely ignorant of what the mists do to mutants and Cyclops and co spend the whole issue attacking them without telling them why.

Then in issue three the Inhumans find out the truth and move heaven and earth to try to solve the problem (because if you can't blame all Inhumans for the mists then you can't blame all mutants for Cyclops, right?).

And finally in issue four Cyclops ignores all this and basically tries to commit genocide against the Inhumans...

MAYBE that would be enough justification for the indifference shown by the Inhumans toward the mutants who are dying from their mists. But even then, they'd come across as small-i inhuman.

I never used to actively dislike the Inhumans. Well, other than Medusa. I really liked Crystal in War of Kings when she was married to Ronan the Accuser. I had no objection to them getting a push and a load of titles.

But they just don't seem to care that people are dying.
    In Death of X 2 preview seems that Scott used the powers of Emma and the three Stepford sisters to give some kind of warning or ultimatum to Inhumans and X-mens telling what happened on the island and probably asking for explanations or making threats so was no conflict before the Inhumans know the deaths of mutants by the mist.

In another picture seems that Medusa is concerned by the situation and think of BB.

But there no dialogues has no way to be sure.
    Last edited by Knives; 10-05-2016 at 04:07 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I've already shared my thoughts on this issue. There's a lot to glean from this issue. It is very much reflective of the massive gap in the status of the X-men compared to the Racist Xenophobic Slave-Owners. One is getting preferential treatment. The other is getting denigrated and marginalized at every turn. It wouldn't be too big a deal if the narrative establishing this was balanced, but there's no real attempt at balance in this issue. The X-men are set up as the bad guys. The Racist Xenophobic Slave-Owners are portrayed as sunny, upbeat, heroic types that nobody beyond Hydra hates. It's pretty overt and pretty annoying, but it clearly reflects the treatment afforded to those whose movie rights Marvel owns. It's tragic, but that's the situation we're in.

I did a full review/rant on this issue on my blog. It's going to be one of my last reviews on my blog so I hope this series ends strong, but it's not looking too promising, except for the Racist Xenophobic Slave Owners.

I'm sad that you won't be writing reviews anymore!!

Did PAD do something to piss off Marvel lately? Killing off Jamie just seems mean.

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

I love the artwork and the color tones they used to tell the story. The darker colors for the X-Men while the Inhumans got a cheerful lighter color palate was a nice touch.

I didn't like Cyclops just jumping on the Inhumans and declaring war the way he did. I would think Cyclops would go see what the Inhumans would do first before he went Psychoclops on them.