Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Can Layla Miller use Doomlock to save Madrox?
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I absolutely loved the art, he did a wonderful job, but all except for Crystal who looked a mess. I can't say I really blame Cyclops for being so rash. He's been fighting for the survival of his kind ever since the Scarlet Witch decimated them, and after finally fighting to get back to a good place, finds himself in the same position once again. As a massive X-Factor fan I can't help but be annoyed by Jamie's death. Yes, I know this is comics and he can easily come back, but it doesn't make it any easier having to sit through that. Especially after knowing he got a happy ending at the end of PAD's run, only for him to come back and be offed by those stupid mists.

Emma's diamond form acts as a form of resistance to the mist? Anyway, was finally good to see them back in a book even if it was brief.

This was okay. The art was nice.

Wasn't worth the $5 and change it cost though.
    Batman - Daredevil

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Now that's a great theory. Probably better than what's really gonna happen.
    If true, whats the motive? cause that's OOC for Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Emma was looking weird to Scott, maybe it is just Emma knowing he was compromised by the terrigen

thought it was lame they had Madrox confirm he was the original then die with all his dupes.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    I haven't been keeping up with X-books since Secret Wars ended (and only casually following on & off before), so I could be off but...

spoilers:
    If AJpyro's line of thinking is correct then Emma witnessing the cloud killing Cyclops could push her over the edge with feeling the Inhuman's need to pay for their death cloud. When Magik approaches Emma to ask about Scott Emma seems like she is getting ready to share bad news, then Cyclops pops up -- but the whole time he is talking the artist makes sure to include Emma on the side of him with her eyes focused towards Cyke.

Before HoM happened Emma was the one suggesting they kill Scarlet Witch to prevent her from doing worse with her powers. They scoffed at how un-heroic that was of her to suggest, then look at what happened. Mutants paid big time. Maybe partially in shock, partially in panic/anger instead of letting the news of Cyclops' death out she may have brashly considered it more beneficial to use his image as a mutant "leader" to provoke war with the Inhumans -- at that point she may have figured there was nothing to lose. While he's either dead (so using illusion) or incapacitated/dying (so mentally controlling him) he may as well contribute one final call to arms for mutants in the race to save them from extinction at the hands of the Inhumans' mist.
    end of spoilers

I'm just not seeing the whole possible 'Emma manipulating Scott' angle from my reading of the book, sorry. I see Scott dragging himself up and doing his best to pretend to be fine while dying from M-Pox and Emma is simply very concerned for his health.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

- Inconsistent with what happened before UX 600.

- That is not the Magik I know.

- Something really strange happened to Cyclops after he fainted. He doesn't sound the same way he did when he was speaking to Hank. I just hope they don't throw this at Emma mind-controlling Scott.

- Why is Bobby on a mission with Scott? Why didn't he get pissed with Jamie's death like he did with everything else Scott did between Schism and Secret Wars?

- Inhumans are very unlikeable.

- Well, at least Goldballs will die (probably)

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I'm just not seeing the whole possible 'Emma manipulating Scott' angle from my reading of the book, sorry. I see Scott dragging himself up and doing his best to pretend to be fine while dying from M-Pox and Emma is simply very concerned for his health.
    Yeah, thats what I'm getting too. As of right now I just get the feeling that she's concern for Cyclops' health. Or at least I hope that she's not manipulating him, but I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by RCX View Post
    - Well, at least Goldballs will die (probably)
    I'm told he's alive in the Bendis Miles book. Unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RCX View Post
    - That is not the Magik I know.
    She got her soul back. The problem is that some writers are not up to date with her character progression.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Kill off a critically acclaimed fan favorite who has been in limbo for years. He hasn't be involved in anything recent for his death to make the stakes higher and its certainly a slap to the fans. Smart.
    On the other hand, its easy to bring him back. Ridcilously easy. Either the one that died on panel wasn't really the original or a dupe will take over.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    He will effectively complete his Walter White journey into becoming as evil as possible, which is what Marvel needs him to be in order for his O5 counterpart to overcome. I could still be wrong, but the end of this issue seems to make any possibility of a ruse to be unlikely. This is going to be Cyclops going nothing less than full genocidal. I expect this message board to have many debates about his actions for years to come.
    So basically more of the same type of debates since the decimation arc created dictator cyclops? Sign me up then, those were fun times.

I know xmen fans view the inhumans as creepy in this issue but I wonder what fans of the inhumans think?

I think people have to remember that the inhumans didn't release the mist. Black Bolt did, this is his secret plan and I think this series will end with a Black Bolt vs Cyclops fight and Black Bolt will win. However, Scott will die from the mist poisoning having nearly brought the xmen and inhumans to war. This will set up the the next event which is IvX because Marvel has given up on writing good villians and instead has their heroes fighting each other forever.
    Last edited by Wissenschaft; 10-05-2016 at 08:47 PM.