Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Default Death of X #1 spoilers

The first issue of what happened between the X-Men and the Inhumans in the eight months after Secret Wars is out, and we get parallel stories of the X-Men in Muir Island and the Inhumans in Matsumoto.

First, the X-Men.
    spoilers:
    Scott's team responds to the distress call from Madrox, and when they enter the facilities, the Mist (as yet not identified by them) starts to affect Scott. Seeing the first dead mutant, they then find the Madrox duplicates dead outdoors, with the original Madrox revealing them that it was Terrigen Mist before he also dies. Scott and Emma contact Beast and update him whereupon he replies that he will do his own research on it. Scott collapses but later makes it out with Emma. And, he blames the entire Inhuman race for releasing the Mist and declares war on them.
    end of spoilers

Next, the Inhumans.
    spoilers:
    As the Inhumans marvel at the lack of panic in Matsumoto. As the Mist rolls, cocoons start to emerge when a HYDRA squad shows up to secure them and kill the crowd. Whereupon Crystal warns them to leave or she will use lethal force and a fight breaks out. As she and Flint combine their powers to take out HYDRA she is knocked unconscious and the team is trapped inside Flint's stone shield which HYDRA then heats up. Before they burn up, a newly emerged NuHuman spontaneously uses his power, which entrances most of the HYDRA agents motionless. Crystal then dispatches them. The NuHuman says it worked well ("うまくいった.") and Crystal greets him ("はじめまして, 私 は クリスタル." "Nice to meet you, I am Crystal.") He says he is Daisuke, and he speaks English, adding that he is glad he no longer feels alone. Crystals invites him to join them if he wishes.
    end of spoilers

In the end,spoilers:
    both Scott and Crystal say, "We protect our own."
    end of spoilers
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

As a fan of Madrox I'm glad I skipped this.

As an Inhumans fan - I found this issue interesting. I don't follow the X-Men much, but it seems to me that Scott declaring war on the Inhumans without even approaching them about it first - seems rash. He absolutely has every damn right to be pissed as hell. But all out war - I think that's a little drastic. Especially since I don't think at this point the Inhumans even know the effect the mist has on Mutants. At least, that's the impression I'm getting. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

I've begun to seriously sympathize with Scott here. I don't think declaring war with the Inhumans is unwarranted. Their species is on the brink of extinction after all.

Sucks about Madrox. He was one of those X-characters whom I always wished would cross genres over to titles I'd read.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    As an Inhumans fan - I found this issue interesting. I don't follow the X-Men much, but it seems to me that Scott declaring war on the Inhumans without even approaching them about it first - seems rash. He absolutely has every damn right to be pissed as hell. But all out war - I think that's a little drastic. Especially since I don't think at this point the Inhumans even know the effect the mist has on Mutants. At least, that's the impression I'm getting. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
    If he is going to make sound and reasonable decisions and behaves in character then he wouldn't be compared to Hitler, would he now?

They made the inhumans come of baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad here.

Contrary to what X-fans thought.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

They just couldn't leave Madrox alone, could they? Just couldn't let him have his happy ending. Granted, it'll probably turn out to be a dupe or something, but he didn't need to get dragged into this .

Now not only do the Inhumans have Cylcops gunning after them, but potentially Layla Miller too. I would never be keen on those odds .

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    They made the inhumans come of baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad here.

Contrary to what X-fans thought.
    Difficult defend Inhuman royalty and their conduct even taking the mutants of the equation the mist killed humans who failed in the transformation to inhumans and others went insane like Inferno family and Psynapse family.

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Scott will be the sacrifice to equal things and not let the Inhumans with all the negative burden.Nothing different from AvX or Namor in Time Runs Out in relation to other Iluminattis.

So glad for Champions will be one of the few titles that will buy in 2017 since have no interest in IvX only your outcome.
    Last edited by Knives; 10-05-2016 at 08:57 AM.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Of course they are going to flat out have Cyclops declare war. All these Superheroes vs superhero events are about seeing them fight each other. Marvel wouldn't bother making these books if the characters just sat down and had a rational conversation to resolve their issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Scott will be the sacrifice to equal things and not let the Inhumans with all the negative burden.Nothing different from AvX or Namor in Time Runs Out in relation to other Iluminattis.

So glad for Champions will be one of the few titles that will buy in 2017 since have no interest in IvX only your outcome.
    Cyclops + Ms Marvel = IVX tie-in, dude. I can't see the new team staying out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Of course they are going to flat out have Cyclops declare war. All these Superheroes vs superhero events are about seeing them fight each other. Marvel wouldn't bother making these books if the characters just sat down and had a rational conversation to resolve their issues.
    I agree but to be fair extinction and genocide is something much more serious than the ridiculous and childish fight between Carol and Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Cyclops + Ms Marvel = IVX tie-in, dude. I can't see the new team staying out of it.
    Unfortunately agree but that's life can not have everything we want.
    Last edited by Knives; 10-05-2016 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They just couldn't leave Madrox alone, could they? Just couldn't let him have his happy ending. Granted, it'll probably turn out to be a dupe or something, but he didn't need to get dragged into this .

Now not only do the Inhumans have Cylcops gunning after them, but potentially Layla Miller too. I would never be keen on those odds .
    Considering the real Madrox had the M tattoo from his visit to the future and Madrox that died in the issue apparently didn't have one according to a twitter post there's a good chance the real one is still in Chicago with Layla and their baby.

Hahahahah Civil War II 5 issues in: "Yeah talking didn't work out, let's fight a bit why not?"
    Death of X Issue 1: "THIS MEANS WAAAAAAR!"
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Well to be fair - Death of X takes place before CW II XD
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Ok, it's nothing to do with the actual story and I know he's had this costume for some time now but I gotta ask, just how the hell does Cyclops even see, let alone use his powers with that massive red X covering his eyes and most of his face?