Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    It's early yet.
    I don't think X-men will be the bad guys. Marvel tried push Inhumans, but they aren't crazy to keep kicking one of their cashcows more.

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I don't think X-men will be the bad guys. Marvel tried push Inhumans, but they aren't crazy to keep kicking one of their cashcows more.
    Yeah, I didn't get that feeling so far from this issue. Sure its only one issue so far, but still. I think unfortunately the only person who's going to be the bad guy here is most likely Cyclops because of what we were told in the current X-men comics.

So it looks like Cyke will be killed off by the mists
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehogvampire View Post
    Yeah, I didn't get that feeling so far from this issue. Sure its only one issue so far, but still. I think unfortunately the only person who's going to be the bad guy here is most likely Cyclops because of what we were told in the current X-men comics.
    Bad guy is probably too strong a term, but the X-Men certainly do seem pretty mad at him. Mad to the point where they don't seem to give a damn that he's suppossedly dead, so it must have been pretty bad whatever it was. But the Inhumans and X-Men generally speaking seem to be on OKAY terms (Storms X-Men team at least), so it doesn't seem like mutants or even X-men as a whole will end up being at fault here.

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Bad guy is probably too strong a term, but the X-Men certainly do seem pretty mad at him. Mad to the point where they don't seem to give a damn that he's suppossedly dead, so it must have been pretty bad whatever it was. But the Inhumans and X-Men generally speaking seem to be on OKAY terms (Storms X-Men team at least), so it doesn't seem like mutants or even X-men as a whole will end up being at fault here.
    I hope thats the case. I am interested to see what Cyclops did that ticked everyone off though.

I also get the feeling that the mutants/X-men won't be the villain of the story, but what ever Cyclops did seem to make the regular people of the Marvel universe hate the mutants more then usual.

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehogvampire View Post
    I hope thats the case. I am interested to see what Cyclops did that ticked everyone off though.

I also get the feeling that the mutants/X-men won't be the villain of the story, but what ever Cyclops did seem to make the regular people of the Marvel universe hate the mutants more then usual.
    That's a good point about the Marvel Universe hating mutants. Assuming the general public doesn't give a damn about the Inhumans one way or the other, that probably implies that whatever Cyclops does potentially had an effect on the general public rather than just Inhumans.

I doubt Cyclops would INTENTIONALLY endanger the public, so most likely it was some sort of accident or screw up on his part.

One In An Infinity amoretpax199's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    What would be the point ?; after M-day, the only response that he got from the Avengers is "We deal with our own", and then there is AvX.
    >We deal with our own.
    >Proceeds to bring a Hellcarrier full of Avengers to attack the home of the X-Men in order to solve X-Men's problem.

Last edited by amoretpax199; 10-05-2016 at 09:54 PM.

There was something mean-spirited about killing off Madrox. Having him say he was the original felt unnecessary. Like, "Hey, anyone a fan of Jamie Madrox? Tough ****! He's dead now! Dead dead dead dead dead! This is explicitly the real Jamie Madrox, and he's dead! Sorry, but no, I'm not actually the least bit sorry, it's your own fault for liking a C-list character! Of course he was going to be killed off for cheap shock value to show the stakes of an event!" Blegh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    There was something mean-spirited about killing off Madrox. Having him say he was the original felt unnecessary. Like, "Hey, anyone a fan of Jamie Madrox? Tough ****! He's dead now! Dead dead dead dead dead! This is explicitly the real Jamie Madrox, and he's dead! Sorry, but no, I'm not actually the least bit sorry, it's your own fault for liking a C-list character! Of course he was going to be killed off for cheap shock value to show the stakes of an event!" Blegh.
    Meh, it happened before. PAD or someone else will just say that was a clone hallucinating or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Meh, it happened before. PAD or someone else will just say that was a clone hallucinating or whatever.
    Yeah, Madrox is definitely the easiest character ever to bring back, by just having him show up. But just the same, the way the story went out of its way to say, "THIS IS THE REAL MADROX 100% THE REAL GUY NOT A DUPE IT'S THE REAL ONE THE REAL ONE IS DEAD!" just felt like it was trolling fans of the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Yeah, Madrox is definitely the easiest character ever to bring back, by just having him show up. But just the same, the way the story went out of its way to say, "THIS IS THE REAL MADROX 100% THE REAL GUY NOT A DUPE IT'S THE REAL ONE THE REAL ONE IS DEAD!" just felt like it was trolling fans of the character.
    Yeah. We know it's superhero comics. We know death is a revolving door and the next person who wants to use Madrox in a story has will be able to undo his death with one line of dialogue. Saying "He's really most sincerely dead, look how sad this is!" won't make anyone who's been reading Marvel books for more than five minutes so much as blink. It just ends up looking like the writer doesn't trust the scene to carry itself or has realized belatedly that perhaps he chose the wrong character if he wanted to convince readers of the finality of this demise.

Incredible Member

As a fan of Jaime I hated it... so are they ignoring continuity that these dupes don't have the M over th eye or we assuming Jamie has a warehouse of dupes with no M that he's had on standby for years. Now will Layla be mentioned, I'm sure if they wanna twist the knife next issue sure. This is a very simple quick fix but still worthless and disrespectful to pull a mutant out of a happy ending and snuff him out. I'd love to see the writer and artist acknowledge why they forgot it, or the new Jamie writer write him as saying "oh yea my dupes get so crazy sometimes they think they're the original, but he didn't even have the M on his eyes, guys come on do you barely see me enough not to remember THAT?" And boom retconned.

This felt forced and I won't even start on they "hey let's wander through the green gas, I'm a fearless leader and love to brag about being a tactician but I'll go in straight away and jump right into war without talking to any inhumans."

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    They made the inhumans come of baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad here.

Contrary to what X-fans thought.
    Honestly, this is editorial's wishes and Lemire and Soule are just the stationery. From post-Infinity, the Inhumans were having it as bad as the X-Men post-House of M while the X-Men were chilling in Jean Grey Mansion and only had Maria Hill's pompous ass to deal with. (Where's Nation X? Thanks, Hickman.)

By the time DoX #1 comes out the Mist has been out for at least a year (post-Infinity to Time Runs Out to in-between Secret Wars and ANAD Marvel) and yet at the first sign of trouble Cyclops wants to throw blame and start wars and the ENTIRE Inhumans are at fault for the actions of 2 of their kind?

AvX was written better.

Can someone give me back story to this T-bomb? Why did Blackbolt release it? The Inhumans were always so secretive and reclusive and were very protective of the Terrigen mists and the process to become Inhumans. This T-bomb and Inhumans popping up everywhere seems so out of character based on what Ive known about them over the decades. What changed? Why would Blackbolt even think this would be okay and disrupt the lives of thousands by forcing a physical/molecular change into potentials across the world?

The fact that we know this thing is now toxic and killing off an entire species makes it even worse. Its genocide and biological warfare on a grand scale. Even if that wasnt the intent, thats the reality of the situation. The bomb was released intentionally and now its having devastating consequences

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Honestly, this is editorial's wishes and Lemire and Soule are just the stationery. From post-Infinity, the Inhumans were having it as bad as the X-Men post-House of M while the X-Men were chilling in Jean Grey Mansion and only had Maria Hill's pompous ass to deal with. (Where's Nation X? Thanks, Hickman.)

By the time DoX #1 comes out the Mist has been out for at least a year (post-Infinity to Time Runs Out to in-between Secret Wars and ANAD Marvel) and yet at the first sign of trouble Cyclops wants to throw blame and start wars and the ENTIRE Inhumans are at fault for the actions of 2 of their kind?

AvX was written better.
    Hold up. We are only one issue into this thing. Its WAY too soon to say that. As of now, I think DoX is more promising probably bc we've seen the fallout of it so it instantly paints the mutant plight in a sympathetic light. I think Scott's motivations have genuine merit to it and I think this issue portrayed that well. I dont think he's acting out of character either given the whole mutant revolution kick, he just came out of and everything he's dealt with over the last few years. He's darker, he strikes and he is overly passionate about protecting his species which has been on the brink of extinction for years. He was angry and understandably shaken by what he saw. I think we should wait to see what he actually does before writing this and him as being written terribly.
    Last edited by Havok83; 10-06-2016 at 06:56 AM.

Madrox was one of the few mutants I actually *really* like. I always thought it would be cool if he was involved in Luke Cage/Jess Jones/Daredevil/Iron Fist corner of the MU. He'd make an awesome addition to the Heroes For Hire/Defenders.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum