Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Can someone give me back story to this T-bomb? Why did Blackbolt release it? The Inhumans were always so secretive and reclusive and were very protective of the Terrigen mists and the process to become Inhumans. This T-bomb and Inhumans popping up everywhere seems so out of character based on what Ive known about them over the decades. What changed? Why would Blackbolt even think this would be okay and disrupt the lives of thousands by forcing a physical/molecular change into potentials across the world?

The fact that we know this thing is now toxic and killing off an entire species makes it even worse. Its genocide and biological warfare on a grand scale. Even if that wasnt the intent, thats the reality of the situation. The bomb was released intentionally and now its having devastating consequences

Hold up. We are only one issue into this thing. Its WAY too soon to say that. As of now, I think DoX is more promising probably bc we've seen the fallout of it so it instantly paints the mutant plight in a sympathetic light. I think Scott's motivations have genuine merit to it and I think this issue portrayed that well. I dont think he's acting out of character either given the whole mutant revolution kick, he just came out of and everything he's dealt with over the last few years. He's darker, he strikes and he is overly passionate about protecting his species which has been on the brink of extinction for years. He was angry and understandably shaken by what he saw. I think we should wait to see what he actually does before writing this and him as being written terribly.
    For all I know BB and his crazy brother dispersed the mist as a result of Thanos attack in infinity intentionally but few know that most believe it was some kind of accident.

In Uncanny Inhumans Medusa in a conversation with BB made to understand that more Inhumans were needed for some kind of war or conflict in the future and they would need humans and mutants help if they want to survive this.

So it is not strange that Cyclops believe the Inhumans are responsible as he is unaware of the facts and from their point of view and probably any normal person or leader of a people or country would believe they were being attacked or were about to enter in a war.What is funny since wars began for much less considering the situation Scott has every reason to believe that a war is about to begin.

Remember that BB despite losing his throne he still has much influence with various Inhumans working for him and he and his club has made connections with all kinds of people including villains and companies serving as some sort of neutral meeting place.
    Last edited by Knives; 10-06-2016 at 07:47 AM.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

This is just a theory, but i'm starting to think the X-Villian Sublime might somehow be behind the mist being toxic to mutants.What if somehow Sublime was able to bond to the Mist and somehow duplicating it and changing it's properties to now effect mutants differently? Similar to how it used kick to destroy mutants on a genetic level. This could also explain Cyclops going from 0 to 100 and declaring war off the bat. Just a though.

Mighty Member

Does anyone else see a avengers vs xmen vs inhumans on the horizon?
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

why does jamie not have the m on his face

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I don't think X-men will be the bad guys. Marvel tried push Inhumans, but they aren't crazy to keep kicking one of their cashcows more.
    I don't think anyone came off as "the bad guy" in this issue. Cyclops is understandably enraged about what's going on and blames the Inhumans for essentially releasing a genocidal gas on his people, one that is sweeping the entire globe. And for their part, the Inhumans are unaware of the effect the Terrigen is having on mutants and are joyous at the spread of new Inhumans and the growing acceptance of their kind. It's easy to feel sympathy for both sides at this point because both are simply focused on what's going on with their people.

Solid, fast-paced start to the mini-series. Brutal end for Madrox and absolutely gorgeous art from Kuder. Hope he'll be on all four issues.

A few things felt waaaay off when I read the issue:

1. There's mystery green gas all over the place! Shouldn't you analyse it before stepping out of the plane Scott? Aren't you supposed to be... you know... a good leader?

2. Why is Iceman on the plane? And how on Earth is he carrying on a conversation with Scott without the two of them at each other's throats? I thought it was VERY clear that Bobby hates Scott for Xavier's death?

I really don't know if I can be bothered to pick up the next issue. For something that Marvel billed as having been in the works for months, right now it feels like something that was whipped up over a weekend.

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That's a good point about the Marvel Universe hating mutants. Assuming the general public doesn't give a damn about the Inhumans one way or the other, that probably implies that whatever Cyclops does potentially had an effect on the general public rather than just Inhumans.

I doubt Cyclops would INTENTIONALLY endanger the public, so most likely it was some sort of accident or screw up on his part.
    Yeah, I also don't think that Cyclops would intentionally hurt the public. I also agree with you that what ever Cyclops did it probably also had an effect on the humans too. Either way I'm interested to see what happened next.
    Quote Originally Posted by amoretpax199 View Post
    >We deal with our own.
    >Proceeds to bring a Hellcarrier full of Avengers to attack the home of the X-Men in order to solve X-Men's problem.

Yikes!
    I don't think I ever saw this one before. What comic did this come from?

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehogvampire View Post

Yikes!
    I don't think I ever saw this one before. What comic did this come from?
    Avengers Children's Crusade

Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleSlimeThing View Post
    1. There's mystery green gas all over the place! Shouldn't you analyse it before stepping out of the plane Scott? Aren't you supposed to be... you know... a good leader?
    It's supposed to be an event comic. Common sense has no place in those, it would just come in the way of the plot.

2. Why is Iceman on the plane? And how on Earth is he carrying on a conversation with Scott without the two of them at each other's throats? I thought it was VERY clear that Bobby hates Scott for Xavier's death?
    Eigtht month gap. Times two. It means we don't have to care about continuity, can just do whatever the plot needs.

I really don't know if I can be bothered to pick up the next issue. For something that Marvel billed as having been in the works for months, right now it feels like something that was whipped up over a weekend.
    Sadly yes.

BANNED

As far as anybody knows, the Terrigen Mists only effect Inhumans. And they've never been shown to be deadly. So its effects on mutants comes as a surprise to everybody.

Why is an X-Man riding with the X-Men?

We don't know when this takes place exactly so it's not hard to imagine that Bobby either buried the hatchet with Cyclops or at least agreed to table their disagreements for the moment.

If having a feud was enough for X-Men to permanently stop talking to each other, the X-books would be very quiet.

Continuity is no longer an imperative for comics.

But maybe they're returning the favor for Bendis after all if he ignores the work of other writers so they will also ignore the work of Bendis with the X-mens.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Continuity is no longer an imperative for comics.

But maybe they're returning the favor for Bendis after all if he ignores the work of other writers so they will also ignore the work of Bendis with the X-mens.
    I think Cyclops actions at the end of Bendis run may have helped to smooth things over a bit. That plus the time jump makes it believable enough they might all have agreed to have a working relationship again.

Though it probably would have been nice if some of that was at least mentioned in passing on panel. But since they're all going to end up hating him again anyways, I suppose the reconcilliation aspect of it isn't super important one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    As far as anybody knows, the Terrigen Mists only effect Inhumans. And they've never been shown to be deadly. So its effects on mutants comes as a surprise to everybody.
    They should had talked to Quicksilver. He knows the effect than the terrigen mist could have in mutants. Son of M anyone?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I don't think anyone came off as "the bad guy" in this issue. Cyclops is understandably enraged about what's going on and blames the Inhumans for essentially releasing a genocidal gas on his people, one that is sweeping the entire globe. And for their part, the Inhumans are unaware of the effect the Terrigen is having on mutants and are joyous at the spread of new Inhumans and the growing acceptance of their kind. It's easy to feel sympathy for both sides at this point because both are simply focused on what's going on with their people.

Solid, fast-paced start to the mini-series. Brutal end for Madrox and absolutely gorgeous art from Kuder. Hope he'll be on all four issues.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by amoretpax199 View Post
    >We deal with our own.
    >Proceeds to bring a Hellcarrier full of Avengers to attack the home of the X-Men in order to solve X-Men's problem.

1. This just brings back bad memories of The X-Men vs. The Avengers.

2. When you stare at this page long enough it looks like Susan Richards is on the X-Men and the Avengers at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by super curry max View Post
    why does jamie not have the m on his face
    Because they didn't give a ****. The people involved in this comic couldn't have cared less about Madrox or his fans. They didn't care about anything PAD did with him. They needed to kill a mutant, and they chose Madrox as their sacrifice because they figured no one else gave a **** about him either. "Madrox? Hey, he was just that loser who worked on Muir Island, he doesn't matter, no one cares about him, we'll just off him."