Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    As far as anybody knows, the Terrigen Mists only effect Inhumans. And they've never been shown to be deadly. So its effects on mutants comes as a surprise to everybody.
    BB and Medusa both saw firsthand that Terrigen could be deadly to mutants in Son of M. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    As far as anybody knows, the Terrigen Mists only effect Inhumans. And they've never been shown to be deadly. So its effects on mutants comes as a surprise to everybody.
    Actually, the Terrigen Mists work on everybody: they give power to humans too... the problem is, they kill everybody who isn't a Inhuman.

SHIELD once stole some Terrigen Mists and used it on US Marines to create suicide commandos (they lived just long enough to fulfill their mission).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Actually, the Terrigen Mists work on everybody: they give power to humans too... the problem is, they kill everybody who isn't a Inhuman.
    Oddly enough, they didn't always work this way. Doctor Hydro used the Terrigen Mists to transform himself and a lot of kidnapped humans into fish-men back in a story arc in Marvel-Two-In-One. Mr. Fantastic even created an Anti-Terrigen compound to reverse the effects of Terrigen mutation and Maelstrom attempted to steal it to use it on the Inhumans.

To the best of my knowledge, it has not yet been retconned that those humans were Nu-Humans (and if it were, it would be kind of a silly retcon, as those particular kidnapped people were an entirely random group that Hydro grabbed from a passenger jet.)

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhudrew View Post
    Oddly enough, they didn't always work this way. Doctor Hydro used the Terrigen Mists to transform himself and a lot of kidnapped humans into fish-men back in a story arc in Marvel-Two-In-One. Mr. Fantastic even created an Anti-Terrigen compound to reverse the effects of Terrigen mutation and Maelstrom attempted to steal it to use it on the Inhumans.

To the best of my knowledge, it has not yet been retconned that those humans were Nu-Humans (and if it were, it would be kind of a silly retcon, as those particular kidnapped people were an entirely random group that Hydro grabbed from a passenger jet.)
    Dr. Hydro modified the Terrigen Mists so they wouldn't kill humans and would provoke always the same effect on them (turning them into amphibians), I think.

Anyways, the greatest retcon isn't the lethality of the Terrigen Mists, but the fact that they only work on Inhumans. For the longest time the gift of the Inhumans weren't their latent powers, which they shared with the rest of Humanity, but the fact that their enhanced biologies allowed them to survive Terrigenesis.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

For me I give my sympathies to the Cyclops fans cause this is just Bad writing on Cyclops part. Look I don't know much about Summers or as much as I would like to know, but I a sure he would not make a jump to the conclusion of WAR Like that!

Really, you just found out that maybe the Mist effects, sickens and even leads to death what seems like some mutants, not all mutants just some and the 1st thing is not an investigation, or calling the big minds of world to investigate this, or letting Hank figure this out, heck even going to the Inhumans to figure this out cause it is likely they would be as shock as he is about this cause you know they are mortal too, No No, 1st thing is ALL OUT WAR!!!!!

Really?! =/
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by autbey View Post
    Considering the real Madrox had the M tattoo from his visit to the future and Madrox that died in the issue apparently didn't have one according to a twitter post there's a good chance the real one is still in Chicago with Layla and their baby.
    Wouldn't be first Jamie death due to disease kill mutants was revealed to be clone later.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    There was something mean-spirited about killing off Madrox. Having him say he was the original felt unnecessary. Like, "Hey, anyone a fan of Jamie Madrox? Tough ****! He's dead now! Dead dead dead dead dead! This is explicitly the real Jamie Madrox, and he's dead! Sorry, but no, I'm not actually the least bit sorry, it's your own fault for liking a C-list character! Of course he was going to be killed off for cheap shock value to show the stakes of an event!" Blegh.
    Considering what above point with the M missing then yeah probably not original. Even you say "It was claiming it" Yeah not first time one of jamie's clone clamming that either.

This seriously ends badly for the x-men this whole inhumans vs x-men marvel will be even deeper trouble. X-Men have a lot loyal fans. Inhumans are nowhere near as popular.
    Last edited by Supermutant2099; 10-06-2016 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    For me I give my sympathies to the Cyclops fans cause this is just Bad writing on Cyclops part. Look I don't know much about Summers or as much as I would like to know, but I a sure he would not make a jump to the conclusion of WAR Like that!

Really, you just found out that maybe the Mist effects, sickens and even leads to death what seems like some mutants, not all mutants just some and the 1st thing is not an investigation, or calling the big minds of world to investigate this, or letting Hank figure this out, heck even going to the Inhumans to figure this out cause it is likely they would be as shock as he is about this cause you know they are mortal too, No No, 1st thing is ALL OUT WAR!!!!!

Really?! =/
    Well, it's pretty much been the case ever since Gillen left, so we're kinda used to it by now. Only real difference is that it isn't Bendis this time. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Well, it's pretty much been the case ever since Gillen left, so we're kinda used to it by now. Only real difference is that it isn't Bendis this time. :/
    I think the end of Bendis run made it clear he was going through a mental breakdown or whatever. So that somewhat justifies writing him a bit out of character. Maybe he still is.

Course that also makes one question why they're taking orders from him.

Eh, I've always felt that was just thrown in for that awful Original Sin arc.

There definately seems to be a disparity between the mists effects on mutants before Secret Wars, and in ANAD, as immediately ANAD starts, Madrox sends his distress call. Immediately after Infinity, the mists had no effect on mutants at all. It seems whatever the difference is in the new reality, that it changes the lethality of the mists. So changes from 616 to ANAD are:

Mists kill mutants
    Miles Morales
    Devil Dinosaur
    Magic Changed
    Doom Inverted
    OML
    Kobik is a girl
    Ulysses
    Rich Rider returned
    Squadron Supreme
    A-Force and Singularity
    The Quiet Room
    Riri
    Nadia Pym
    Ultimates
    Vision Family
    Chained Eternity
    The Maker

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    Does anyone else see a avengers vs xmen vs inhumans on the horizon?
    With so many new Avengers members and books in recents years, I wouldn't be surprised at a Avengers vs everybody else in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post

Really?! =/
    Thanks. But you know, by now most of us are used to this.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think the end of Bendis run made it clear he was going through a mental breakdown or whatever. So that somewhat justifies writing him a bit out of character. Maybe he still is.

Course that also makes one question why they're taking orders from him.
    By the same reason that the Avengers still take orders from Captain Hydra.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post

By the same reason that the Avengers still take orders from Captain Hydra.
    Yeah but the Avengers don't know Steve works for Hydra.

But once they do, I think the support for him with obviously decline just like Scott's support eroded with the X-Men. Though he seemingly got some of it back prior to this story starting.

Spectacular Member

The Inhumans are getting that Roman Reigns treatment.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    I am certain with what has been happening you and other Cyclops fans you are use to it by now, but I want you to remember something truly specific.

I know others and if I was willing to be a different kind of person and fan, we could JUST take what Summers says being WORD-OF-TRUTH and in character of him and JUMP down his throat as the Worst for saying such so fast coming to this conclusion for ALL OUT WAR so easy. We could buy into the Character Assassination all to easy!

BUT We and I wouldn't, That is not correct and not Right.

You know as well as I do ALL the Discussions and Debates we and others have had about Wanda Maximoff over the years. The STING of strange writing, jumping to conclusions and terrible destruction Marvel can Heep upon Her character, Wanda Maximoff.

Honestly if ANY Fans can Understand what Cyclops Fans are going threw right now, Scarlet Witch Fans are the Best at knowing this ALL to well, we have an unlikely commonality, understanding and sympathies.

This Wanda Fan here, me, gives you my sympathies for that and just know I will not jump down Summers throat for that cause I know just how wrong it is cause I have experience it all to much and I give major benefit of the doubt and question in writing to that;

but in the past too, I and others rarely received this response In-Kind from other fans long in the past for Wanda in the similar situations when we asked for it, no benefit of the doubt for Wanda's character, just scorn for her.

I don't want to see that happen again, but I want you to remember just how bad it could get and how wrong any level of bad is not right to throw against any character.
    Last edited by CJStriker; 10-08-2016 at 05:27 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!