Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Moth View Post
    Green Lanterns is a very poorly done book. The art is very inconsistent, the writing is uninspired, and it hasn't endeared me to its leads. Jessica Cruz is a one note character that has nothing to offer aside from her mental illness, and that gets old really fast.

DC has really taken Cyborg in the wrong direction, and I question the value of that character as a solo feature.
    I enjoy the Cyborg title so far, but Green Lanterns has been kind of meh. I especially agree about the inconsistent art. I think Simon hasn't had his arm tattoo at least in 4 issues now, in some panels he has the gun, in others he doesn't, the cast on his arm that he had on the previous issue was suddenly gone in the last one, despite the story supposedly taking place the same day,etc. I understand the schedule is absolutely brutal but editors should pay more attention to that stuff. I appreciate Jessica as a character and what Humphries is trying to do with her, but that's not really what I want to see in a GL book. I also feel they regurgitate a lot of the same things from Kyle's early run. Back then he was the rookie who was told he couldn't live up to his predecessor and had to learn from the big boys and all of that. The fact that they had to write Simon totally out of character and make him annoying in order to prop up Jessica kind of bugs me as well. It's very obvious who DC wants to be the breakout star of that book and it's not working that well for me.

Other than that, probably Blue Beetle seems to be a really weak link, as well as Superwoman. Not a big fan of Justice League too.
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-06-2016 at 08:53 AM.

Justice League seems to be the weakest link. It's really disconnected to the rest of Rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Justice League seems to be the weakest link. It's really disconnected to the rest of Rebirth.
    I agree with this. JL has really been meh.

I've liked all the books I've tried, but I'll be trade-waiting on the new Hellblazer. The problem with getting back to John's roots is that it leaves me feeling like I've seen this all before. It's lovely comfort food, but doesn't particularly excite me when there are there are so many fantastic books on the shelves right now.

But I guess if the worst I can say about a Rebirth book is that I don't like it enough to buy it twice, that's still pretty good.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Justice League is generic fast food, I have no idea why they got Hitch to write their flagship title during their big relaunch. He's so mediocre and it's such a confusing decision.

Birds of Prey has some of the worst art I've seen in a while. Batgirl looks like a hagfish, Huntress looks like the Wicked Witch of the West, so bad.

Wonder Woman, while not actually bad in any way, is hard to enjoy because Greg Rucka is such an unpleasant person.

The Batman books are great but suffer from the presence of Duke Thomas, who is awful and drags down everything he appears in by 1 quality point.

Green Arrow has pretty hokey writing and comes off as awkward a lot.

The big issue with Rebirth overall is that many of their books start out average and get progressively better over time, which could be driving away readers who want a great issue right from the start. So pacing problems, I guess.
    So his one page cameos really bring that book down?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    So his one page cameos really bring that book down?
    Yeah they're really pointless and superfluous. It's like if every episode of Game of Thrones had a pointless Rob Schneider cameo, it would get annoying fast.