Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

It would be cool if that's Laura he's with (brown hair notwithstanding), but A) she wouldn't be able to appear in the new timeline and B) she'd be too young to play X-23/Wolverine in solo films. But I think that's the next place to go with Jackman aging past the point of being Logan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    It would be cool if that's Laura he's with (brown hair notwithstanding), but A) she wouldn't be able to appear in the new timeline and B) she'd be too young to play X-23/Wolverine in solo films. But I think that's the next place to go with Jackman aging past the point of being Logan.
    As to point A, don't forget that Fox is about to introduce the franchise's most prolific time traveler in Deadpool 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    As to point A, don't forget that Fox is about to introduce the franchise's most prolific time traveler in Deadpool 2.
    True. I wonder if the game plan is to give Laura her own solo movie after Deadpool & Cable, and then bring her together with them and Gambit (if and when that finally takes off) in the X-Force crossover. Maybe one or two of the New Mutants as well? Anyways, X-23 can easily be a part of X-Force even if she doesn't get a solo in between.

What is Fox's obsession with Caliban all about? Did we really need to have him appear in Apocalypse and now W3?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

Hmmm....looks familiar....

4a54f563ee03fae6a781b6e09a8746c5.jpg
    L'Enfer !

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy_Cricket View Post
    Hmmm....looks familiar....

4a54f563ee03fae6a781b6e09a8746c5.jpg
    Nah, there are so many posters, book covers, album covers with a man's hand holding a child's hand.
    I don't think the poster you posted is the inspiration for Logan's poster.
    It's to common for that.
    Though both movie posters made nice adjustments to it for that extra feel.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    True. I wonder if the game plan is to give Laura her own solo movie after Deadpool & Cable, and then bring her together with them and Gambit (if and when that finally takes off) in the X-Force crossover. Maybe one or two of the New Mutants as well? Anyways, X-23 can easily be a part of X-Force even if she doesn't get a solo in between.
    I forgot they wanted to do X-Force. From a film standpoint I'd trim the fat around X's "I was born as a weapon" angry part to fasttrack her into Wolverine. Because the films need a Wolverine, and what better opportunity is there for another female A-Lister than Laura? Maybe they could convince Jackman to stick around in a noncombatant fashion so he doesn't have to keep body-templing himself for the role.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Because the films need a Wolverine, and what better opportunity is there for another female A-Lister than Laura?
    You can not just replace Wolverine a woman or child and get a good reaction of fans.
    Some fans take it negatively. It may be a fairly large portion.
    Last edited by Jumbo; 10-06-2016 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    You can not just replace Wolverine a woman or child and get a good reaction of fans. Some fans take it negatively. It may be a fairly large portion.
    The general audience might not take it so well, either. I seriously doubt a x-23 solo film would do nearly as well at the BO as Wolverine does.

Spectacular Member Emilio Garra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    You can not just replace Wolverine a woman or child and get a good reaction of fans.
    Some fans take it negatively. It may be a fairly large portion.
    Besides, X23 already has a movie out and it's called "Hanna".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0993842/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

So, is this the old timeline, its own timeline or what?

Ultimate Member

Mr. Sinister creating X-23? Well that'd definitely be a big change in her origins right there. Not necessarily a bad one though, depending on how they do it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Mr. Sinister creating X-23? Well that'd definitely be a big change in her origins right there. Not necessarily a bad one though, depending on how they do it.
    Not so much a change as being pragmatic in the adaptation. They've already connected Sinister to the Weapon X project, so rather than introducing a Weapon X offshoot, they could be just substituting Sinister into the role of the Facility. I've also seen some rumors suggesting that he may be getting set up as an arch-villain for the franchise, who will be involved in multiple films (I think I've specifically seen him connected to New Mutants, and it's hinted at for Deadpool 2 since Cable is getting introduced). And cloning and genetic experimentation is his shtick, anyway, so it's a good fit.

As long as they keep other aspects of her origin (the abuse, the role Sarah Kinney played in her development, etc.), I wouldn't view substituting Sinister in place of Sutter and Rice all that much of a departure.

Also, it's not like Laura has NO connections to Sinister; he DID try to steal her body, on top of the events of Wolverines, and IIRC he was connected to the original Weapon Plus program in the books, too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    The general audience might not take it so well, either. I seriously doubt a x-23 solo film would do nearly as well at the BO as Wolverine does.
    You're forgetting that general audiences won't have NEARLY the same prejudices against the character going as some comic book readers do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    You're forgetting that general audiences won't have NEARLY the same prejudices against the character going as some comic book readers do.
    Just read the comments about the new "Ghostbusters"