View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Autumnlands #13

5 25.00%
  • Cannibal #1

0 0%
  • Eclipse #2

1 5.00%
  • Green Valley #1 (of 9)

1 5.00%
  • Midnight of the Soul #5 (of 5)

1 5.00%
  • Moonshine #1

2 10.00%
  • No Mercy #10

0 0%
  • Paper Girls #10

3 15.00%
  • Red One #4

0 0%
  • Revival #43

2 10.00%
  • Romulus #1

2 10.00%
  • Spawn #266

0 0%
  • The Walking Dead #159

3 15.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Image Comics poll week 40 - FOUR new series this week, no biggie

Welcome back to the weekly Image poll (is it really week 40 already?), vote for your faves & let's chat!

Last week was won by an old familiar, Saga took its second victory of the year and by quite a margin too!

Let's look at this week: Midnight of the Soul wrap ups as planned, No Mercy begins a new storyline whilst Paper Girls and Red One both end one. Lastly, Spawn and Savage Dragon cross over this week!

Let's quickly head on to the new series, so many we're gonna need a list!
    1. Cannibal presents a very interesting twist on either zombie pandemics or possibly drug addiction. People are turning into cannibals for some reason - now what do we do with them? Kill them? Try to integrate them into society and suppressing their cannibalistic urgers?

2. Green Valley is the new limited series by Max Landis (director of Chronicle) about medieval knights who get confronted by... Something sci-fi looking possibly? Maybe a superhero? We'll see.

3. Moonshine is the new Azzarello/Risso (from 100 Bullets) comic. This one's set during prohibition and involves mob deals over alcohol distribution, there's a Frank Miller cover too.

4. Lastly, Romulus is about a secret Illuminati-esque cabal secretly enslaving the world and keeping everyone's freedom hostage. Written by Bryan Hill, of Postal.

261815.jpg 261816.jpg 261806.jpg

And here's the cover to Romulus, which no longer fit in the OP. What are y'all excited for? Picking up a new series perhaps?

261817.jpg

Autumnlands #13
    Moonshine #1
    No Mercy #10
    Paper Girls #10
    Revival #43
    The Walking Dead #159

Just The Walking Dead for me this week. But Shipwreck #1 by Ellis and Hester from Aftershock Comics was pretty fun!

Moonshine was better than I expected. Very, very good so far.
    Will wait a bettr date on the card to get Autumnlands

Auto vote for Autumnlands for me
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Auto vote for Autumnlands for me
    Quite a fun tale, indeed. I just miss the letters in the late issues. Those were entertaining, too. Goat-boy Bertie's one of the funiest $%^%$ characters around

I lost track of Autumnlands for some reason. I think the last issue I read was the 8th? Next Christmas sale I should try and get caught up.

There were a LOT of fantastic first issues this week. Aside from Image: Shipwreck, Shade: The Changing Girl and Jessica Jones were 3 I enjoyed.

From Image? Green Valley and Cannibal were decent but Moonshine... well it's Azzarello and Risso. So you get a tough, slow burn of a story, which I like, a lot. It gets my vote.
    Last edited by Doughy Man!; 10-07-2016 at 02:56 AM.
    “That’s right, I’m Doughy Man! Butter is my ally, steak does my bidding! Sour cream bows down before me in total abject terror!”

i was the sole vote for romulus. i hope you guys are reading the eclipse though!

Quote Originally Posted by dishpan View Post
    i was the sole vote for romulus. i hope you guys are reading the eclipse though!
    Keeping an eye on it. Keeping an eye on both of those books actually.
    Last edited by sven; 10-07-2016 at 12:16 PM.

Didn't know what Eclipse was. I tend to be more into crime and horror than sci-fi and fantasy so sometimes I space out on the later group.... but there was crime in Eclipse, so that appealed to me. They have the first ish for 99 cents digitally, so I gave it a try and really liked it.

I did read Romulus, I thought it was fair. And I forgot to mention Revival, which was another winner, more pieces of the puzzle are falling into place. We are what, down to the final 4?
    “That’s right, I’m Doughy Man! Butter is my ally, steak does my bidding! Sour cream bows down before me in total abject terror!”

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

I'm so far the single vote for Green Valley; normally not in my range of interests, but it's pretty, and fun, and who knows--
    and I didn't have anything else competing for my vote this week...
    but I do second (or at this point 'third') recommendations for Shipwreck; not sure what's going on, but there's enough for me to check into next issue, certainly. Also, Jessica Jones, nee Alias, has an okay intro issue.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Eclipse #1 got my vote when it came out and now Eclipse #2 gets my vote this week. Really impressed with this new series.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by FlictsLantern View Post
    Moonshine was better than I expected. Very, very good so far.
    Will wait a bettr date on the card to get Autumnlands
    Moonshine's getting rave reviews too, so that's pretty exciting. Not exactly the type of story I'm looking for right now but I hope it does well.

I went with Midnight as it was the only issue I bought. I actually would have voted for the Discipline trade, though.